It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warfare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Call of duty began as a world war 2 series and evolved into this modern warfare we see today. Lets take a look back for a second. We've gotten to know a lot of characters. The stand outs for me are Price, Soap, and of course Reznov. We also went through hell with Mason, Hudson, Woods, and Bowman. Ghosts introduced us to Walker. I agree they should switch it up but this COD may be a bit much.

Cod Advanced Warfare will be the eleventh entry in the main series and after the previous ten it's become clear that Activision believes Call of Duty must evolve to stay relevant. We will see hovering tanks, mech suits armed with mini-guns, hovering motorcycles with cannons and probably much more.

I don't know what to think. I don't like where the franchise is heading. Im just not into all this future warfare mess. So my fellow ats members, what do you all think? Concerning this new entry in the franchise that is: Call of Duty.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkAngel8

Personally, I prefere the Modern Warfare than some old stuff.
But the thing is, many good players don't play anymore as CoD these days requiers a helluva computer.
Playing on XBOX sux, I never understand how on earth can you aim on that gamepad

As far as the new games need the new Windows computers, the quality of online gameplay is deteriorating I would say.

And it's a shame to buy 1000€ Gaming computer when you can spend 1500€ and have a wonderful iMac. The only con is you can't play the newest CoD on iMac, unless you install Windows there via virtual drive.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

I don't care for Cod either. Personally I've switched to battlefield. Battlefield 4 to be exact. I also play on Xbox using a Samsung Galaxy s3 as a hotspot and have no problems. Maybe its just me?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

It is definitely a redneck connection but I really have no problems with lag. I tether my phone to my Xbox and tether with Bluetooth at the same time (I think) using an app called pda-net+ and that's all it takes.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I trust ya man, I just got used to precise aiming on CS 1.6 that required a computer mouse. Had a huge impact on my future gaming.
Now I'm just playing FIFA 14. nothing else. I do use xbox 360 gamepad and I ain't care about any RPS games anymore as I don't have a desktop computer. only my good ol' macbook.

edit on 9-6-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Still playing Black Ops on PS3. . Just went at looked at trailer of AW. and didn't like the way they are going with it. Maybe a cross between Halo and high tech Battle field. More than likely won't run out and buy it. At least until this PoS3 quits working or playing B-rays. Got tired of modding a while ago , just want to pick up a gun and be able to play and be competitive.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Yeah, pretty much all the fps games are losing their appeal to me. Once i starting to not finish the campaign modes i knew it was time to simply quit - and multiplayer is just the same thing over and over finally got to me.

The next fps i buy will have to be epic like bioshock 1 or Half Life quality. Multiplayer however, it doesnt matter what game it is while its an fps, its just point and shoot faster than the other guy.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MajorAce

The development is going to be split. One team for Ps4 and Xbox1 and another team for last gen consoles. It could be different for both but titanfall ended up ok. It also had two teams for both gens.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Yeah, pretty much all the fps games are losing their appeal to me. Once i starting to not finish the campaign modes i knew it was time to simply quit - and multiplayer is just the same thing over and over finally got to me.

The next fps i buy will have to be epic like bioshock 1 or Half Life quality. Multiplayer however, it doesnt matter what game it is while its an fps, its just point and shoot faster than the other guy.

Not trying to jump to conclusions but it sounds as if you have never played Bf4. Way more than point and shoot.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Its Titanfall all the way for me at the moment. I cant see myself buying another COD.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkAngel8

I don't care for Cod either. Personally I've switched to battlefield. Battlefield 4 to be exact. I also play on Xbox using a Samsung Galaxy s3 as a hotspot and have no problems. Maybe its just me?

Me too. BF4 on PS4 is incredible and I've had minimal problems. I will give COD a try when the price comes down. I just wish they had vehicles and such like Battlefield does.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

My computer is too slow to run these games.

When I get some more money I am going to build myself a nicer computer.

Until then I guess I am stuck with Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape Torment
edit on 9-6-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

And how is titanfall? Never actually played it myself. Looks amazing

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
COD Multiplayer has gotten soooo boring, battlefield is the way to go. I actually miss the old WW2 stories for COD to.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Best game ive played in years. real takes fps to the next level

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I think gameplay mechanics wise its probably going to be the best and what looks like most fun call of duty yet. Though I want to say I have yet to play any of the previous games single player story missions from beginning to end, really I just literally buy these games for the online component parts. Story wise in terms of single player story mode, I think its fanfare stuff there just giving people what they want to see and throw in some things here and there, but really like I said not a single game has held my attention long enough to finish campaign mode, so cant really comment on that.

But on the online competitive side, I think this game is bringing enough gadgets and enough new elements to make the old tired COD into something that people will have fun playing again with there buddies online, because lets face it. It sort of got old some years ago and most people still play it because everybody they know still plays it, but its lost its zing, and from what I seen in the new trailers and the new mechanics from the E-3 show this new COD looks like its going to be a lot of fun. However it is not the most impressive game I seen so far that they showed there, games like the witcher 3 or even the new Batman or lords of the fallen look much more impressive, but there a whole different genera. In the FPS multilayer part other then Destiny, this game looks like it will be fun to play.

Some new gameplay, it shows some of the new mechanics they added in the game such as high jumping and quick side to side dashing via your new exo suit, and off course new gadgets and vehicles including what looks like and armored spider tank, so far its got to making for the best COD game in years.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Will they include vehicles in multiplayer? Like you I havent played a story mode from beginning to end since black ops 1.. Im really thinking ill stick to bf4 but hey I might just give it a go..

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

No clue, it could just be for show ie only in campaign mode or something they made for specific sequences in the game it may not even be operational ie you wont be able to pilot it. And ya I have yet to play any of the single player campaign modes from beginning to end in any of the COD games, the last FPS I actually played all the way through with campaign mode was Halo 3. However even with the whole exo-suit thing and new gadgets it will change the online play greatly, even the ability to jump long distances and faster side to side dashing will do that, and anything else they add will just be icing on the cake. But ultimately wont see and know till the game comes out.

new topics

top topics

join