Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

E.T.s. Turn out the lights. They may not be coming...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Alkolyk

Well it usually associated that an advanced race with advanced technology is usually pretty independent on it own accord. Resources would seem almost infinite, which is the main source of chaos with a less, adaptable civilization/tribe that has to fight another group local for their water, or land. Also, the ugly side of science is kind of convincing.

Can't make an Oamlet without breaking some eggs. There are a lot of factors you did point out. Hell, the Nazi did an immense amount of studies on the Jews or whomever they felt that were lesser life forms. As horrible as those experiments were, they did help benefit further studies on what the human body can and can't do, like how long could a nake human stay in the freezing temp.

An advanced civilization would have there own skeletons in their closet, especially if they are view as peaceful. Maybe they don't like to fight, maybe they just like to outsmart their competition with least resistance. Or maybe they are full out warriors decked out with advanced weaponry willing to die for their planet.

Just that an advanced civilization would have full out experience with the evolution of methods, and would be very well aware.
edit on 10-6-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EnPassant

Gods will is what is when you let go of your thought how it should be..

that is called synchronicity.

How you define it makes it a dogma of "right and wrong".

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Maybe they have been here all along?

Maybe even since before humanity?

Ancient history seems to agree with this idea.

Maybe they have been running the show for a long time now?

Maybe they are/were colluding with world powers/governments to ensure their complete control over the earth and it's resources?

Maybe instead of waiting for them to reveal themselves to all humanity we should be figuring out how to get rid of them or at least break their evil power structure/structures?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Maybe its a cover up to keep people quiet and to stop the search?

Maybe Tyson is working with them?

Maybe Tyson is a reptilian?

“As a child, I was aware that, at night, infrared vision would reveal monsters hiding in the bedroom closet only if they were warm-blooded. But everybody knows that your average bedroom monster is reptilian and cold-blooded.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson, Space Chronicles: Facing the Ultimate Frontier

How would he know unless he was one??

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think Neil smokes DeGrasse...

Aliens were here, are here, and will make themselves known soon.

Just my 2 cents...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
yeah ok i get it now, to them we be nothing more than this and that - insects, pigs, bacteria, monkeys, i've heard it all
it's getting old now man

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peckmk How would he know unless he was one??

Misunderstanding sarcasm? That must make you a reptilian!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen
yeah look up unit 731 it's pretty hardcore

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dlbott
Youre right. But the part about just "wiping us out"? I think too they've have most likely moved past that need to destroy things eons ago.
Who knows?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: begoodbees

I see your tag above says "critical thinker". Thinking critically...half of what you say here is incorrect...the rest is pretty right-on.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: berkeleygal

Agreed Berkeleygal...uh...about the revealing. Dont know about the "De-grasse" thiny!

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ReubenSchwartzschild

Good. Now you get it. What are we to those bustling little ants on the ground goin about their stuff while we move around in giant ways and machines?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I am going to take a different approach and outlook on this.

Regardless of how things appear and look today, I have HOPE.

I am going to believe that if there were an advanced alien race out there somewhere, they too were once at our level. They may look upon us just as we look upon our children.

There is HOPE and there will be change no matter how slow it may be or how long it will take to evolve into a higher more advanced and evolved peaceful Earthly community.

We will make it regardless of another alien race making contact with us one way or the other. We will make it in our due time.

All in time.

:-)
leolady

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Awesome post! S&F for you. I totally agree that we're not as intelligent as we'd like to think. I believe these aliens would consider us as small animals like squirrels, or maybe even plants.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I think if we are any indication of what else is out there in the universe, the reason we are not hearing from them is two fold. One, the average planet with INTELLIGENT life may be extremely rare, maybe one in a billion planets evolves an intelligent species, and two, maybe the vast majority of those intelligent species blow themselves to bits in a few decades through warfare. Combine the two factors and it may be almost incomprehensible that we will ever make alien contact. Considering the way things seem to be going in the world, we ourselves may not last long enough to do so.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
People always assume that any spacefaring race would be infinitely disspasionate and logical compared to us, transcending greed and ruin and polluting their own world, all intermingled in with our own fanciful ideas of 'the good' and enlightenment.

Who ever said that destruction, greed, nationalism, bigotry, and overall destruction and subjugation couldnt be possible prerequisites for selective pressures that cause a race of aliens to leave their planet and venture out among the stars. Maybe they grow peaceful and sedentary and confuscian in the depths of intergalactic space, but they could have been just like us or infinitely worse than us and that could have in fact been the causality BEHIND them leaving their home world to begin with.

Interposing human ideals on potential alien species as causal agents for their potential motivations and actions is really a house of straw, technologically speaking, we've come farther on earth in material science and physics during times of great catastrophic war and duress than a peaceful coexistence with nature and the earth. Im saying this without regard to any ethics or morals, because I dont think they have a place in notions of technological advancement.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

What I disagree with here is them waiting. I dont think they are for a variety of reasons. I think we keep thinking they are wanting/waiting/needing to talk or connect with us. I dont think they do or are.

I think being advanced as I can only surmise they'd have to be...they have no interest in us, what we do. After all. We dont get on our hands and knees and scream down at ant hills to "get ready we are here to help you", do we?

Ya, but like others have said, sometimes we do study ants or even watch them for fun. Sometimes we pass by em or step on em.

The fact we apparently aren't aware of any aliens watching us or studying us (or stepping on us) in the same way as we do ants or other 'lesser' creatures means either they're really good at hiding (and maybe want to stay hidden) or they're not there or we just plain haven't met them yet.

Think about this: If they're not randomly stepping on us and mindlessly observing us in the same way we do ants, AND assuming they're aware of us, this means they may not categorize us as lowly as we categorize ants.

I wonder if it's possible the closest thing we'll ever have to equal "aliens" are the different races? And what if the reality of aliens out there resembles more the relationship between us and Earth animals?

If intelligent ET's are out htere, what're the odds they'll be nearly equal to us on an intelligence basis? I like to think intelligence just goes up and up and so there could be wide gaps between us and ET, but it may be they don't get much more intelligent than us. Does anyone know?

And what if ET's speed hte overall evolution of 'lesser' species so they're on a more equal level? Or what if natural evolution is outlawed on the basis it facilitates unnecessary violence and suffering? Earth could be an outlaw planet or maybe one of hte few planets where natural evolution takes place. And how is this hard to imagine? I can see it happening. Natural evolution could be deemed foolish or even criminal, if the ET's control their genetics, as well as controlling almost every facet of their home planet. We already see examples of this in everyday life. We routinely use technology to save those who would otherwise die or suffer at the hands of nature.
edit on 11-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
what everyone seems to be forgetting is that we earthlings are all part of the whole universe as are aliens , so we are all part of the same thing so why would an advanced alien species not be interested in us if they have never seen this part of the equation before then surely they would wonder what part we play in the grand scheme of the wholeness that is the universe

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If we can just think a bit away from the idea they WANT, or NEED to communicate with us.......

Given the eons ahead in intelligence, purpose, agendas and tech...it could be very well that just because we think theyll contact us...or are waiting...perhaps they are so far ahead there is nothing they want, need or have to do for us, to us or in defense of us. (Well...the defense of us I could see).

We are all waiting and expecting them for reasons we Earthlings think are important because they may be to us. I disagree.

The one I know for sure? Its that we know NOTHING for sure. Im surmising as well that we are incapable of understanding anything about them, their looks, they intents or methods used in their existence.

Like Neanderthals would look at us and all of our worldly tech, clothes, speech and buildings, flying and floating machines...and not have a clue as to understanding any of it.

I think to them? We are like the cavemen and women. I dont think they are waiting at all because theyve most likely always been here, continue coming here and prob are going to and from here as well....and we have always ingnored them and all the evidence.

Whatever they are doing...has nothing to do with us ants.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
But the part about just "wiping us out"? I think too they've have most likely moved past that need to destroy things eons ago.

I could possibly see them wiping us out just by accident. And never knowing or caring that they did it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join