It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.T.s. Turn out the lights. They may not be coming...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If I was on the outside looking in I would not come by and say hi because it's common sense to not approach a unfamiliar creature. BUT, I would observe the species and learn all I can if they looked interesting enough. Only problem with that here is, their are so many damn languages. That's assuming another planet that has sociable habitants, all speak the same language. If that's true, then we really are smarter...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
lets suppose you traveled way back in time to look upon the humans and you observed their ways of life. Would you be interested or disgusted in mans behavior? What would you DO? Remember, just being there can impact a time line and change it. Now lets say that you, the observers consequences of what he or she does in the past will have a direct impact on said observer and others in the future time lines that observer changed. Time IN, Time Out and thru time. Entering to a level of time or Time In effects that time line. Now you the participant whether you are active participant or a non active participant in that time line will still have an effect on that time line. Now lets think that what if E.T were you in the future. Man in the future. Would you want to tamper with time to risk the possibility of changing events even events that would have direct impact on you. If you went back in time, would you judge yourself and take action on you and chagne things for the better or worse risking that your actions or inactions, just being there will change you and others. The person you in the past might think that you, the alien in the future, did not take notice of them and thought that they were unintelligent to bother with such things. When they, YOU in the future who looks different, will not make contact with you or anyone else in the past and YOU in the past thought that you were so UNintelligent and to belittle the thought of yourself and others when your future self looks at you and is either interested or disgusted in the progress of man based on a simple time line. JUST look in the Mirror and do your best now for you, others, E.T and all of gods creations and hopefully you will be just fine. I think all creatures have a good and bad. interested or disgusted. Your point of view whether it is time in, time out, or thru time on how you think of things is what really matters In the MATRIX of IT. For IT, is still growing and YOU are part of IT. So lets make IT the best as possible.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
People always say the same thing: That aliens wouldn't bother with humans because we can't get over war, greed, exploiting earth's resources, etc...

But how would they know that unless they come down here to check every so often. a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's not like aliens hover invisibly in the atmosphere and watch our news channels.

Or do they?

edit on 9-6-2014 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: cocotutchn

If I'm going to be perfectly honest, our race as a whole IS NOT intelligent. Yes we can walk, talk, eat, think and all the rest, but we make the wrong choices. It must be thousands of scientists by now, who've said that we need to look after our one home in the Universe or we'll be up the deep-end of S**t Creek without a paddle to get ourselves out of it. And that's just putting it mildly.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

.... and when everybody grasps what you're saying

then acts in an appropriate way

.... doors will open

ERGO JUST SAYING

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Its not about intelligence....(well also but)...

As Tesla said: if you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.

That goes also for contact with adanced beings. Right now we are to "dense"..to low...

Our frequency is to heavy..

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Humanity is a sentient race, our interpretation of mathematics, art and music is more than enough to draw the attention of an Alien race. The fact that we still promote mass genocide towards one another is most lightly the reason contact has not been established.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit
Tyson has in the past, actually given a very good example regarding our perception of intelligence vs chimpanzees intelligence. There is only a 1% difference between human DNA and chimpanzees. The most intelligent of chimpanzees are able to learn tasks but basically, are still only as adept as a human toddler! So one has to consider if an ET arrived here and they only had 1% difference from us, wouldnt it be possibble that they would perceive our most intelligent humans as just jabbering toddlers of their own species?

In such a scenario, we may just be part of a Zoo planet, that such ETs may come to visit and observe. They may have protocols to not feed or interact with the wild animals, just as we humans do! It certainly does give one pause for thought.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscov
Your post made me think about 100 years ago, humans could only imagine how one could leave earth and explore the outer space regions. At that time our technology was not advanced enough until we discovered how to create enough power (7 miles/sec) to break our earth's gravity hold. If ET is only slightly more advanced in technology, they may have found a way to travel 99.9% the speed of light. That being the example, only 5 years of flight would be about 110 of our Earth years. It could boggle the mind if they are even more advanced to maximize their speed and thus slow their space time down even more!

100 years ago, our scientist were dreaming and seeking a way to reach outer space. I am excited to see what comes of the dreams of our scientists in the next 100 years! You are spot on that ET would not be interested in interfering with our development. I believe as explorers, we would do our best not to contaminate or disrupt life on other planets. The whole idea of discovery is observing the origins of new life elsewhere to better understand our own origins of genesis.

Edit add: even though I cannot help but apply a human perspective outwardly, I can only make an assumption that if ET exists and find earth...they would be seeking to learn more about themselves by observation and study too.
edit on 6 9 2014 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Perhaps to a sufficiently intelligent alien species a human being appears no more intelligent than an insect - a primitive life form barely capable of comprehension.

I had a small outbreak of ants in my kitchen the other day. Set out a trap and sprayed along the wall / corners. Then I stamped out a few ants, looked down and saw one squirming, struggling, clearly in agony. I felt bad for it. I think "intelligent" beings must still have compassion and recognize suffering of other creatures; even if they can't quite understand what they're all about.

I hear this theory proposed a lot, and I don't accept it. I consider compassion and empathy part of the criteria for intelligence. If those super-intelligent aliens out there don't have this, then frankly, I'd rather stay here on Earth anyway.

If they're able to communicate with us in any way, I don't see how they would just be able to ignore our suffering. It could be an interesting problem for them to solve with their alleged super-intelligence, eh?
edit on 9-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: cocotutch

See I do not agree that our race is unintelligent. In fact, I think our race is very intelligent and probably very close to traveling in the stars.

However I do think our race isnt a wise raise given the decisions we make over things such has race and religion. Being wise comes with time and we can only grow in the department as time moves on.
edit on 9-6-2014 by gnarkill1529 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: KingWhat

None of that is remarkable. It is remarkable to you. To a human. "Look at what one of our fellow Humans have achieved!". But we are trapped within our own reference point. We can't, objectively, define any of our actions as being remarkable. Compared to a baby #ting its diaper, space travel is pretty #ing amazing. But if E.T. life has reached here, they have already achieved something that we haven't, and that we likely won't achieve for many centuries. That is, interstellar space travel. Maybe they even achieved **inter**galactic space travel. Just the fact that an alien visits us already shows that they are light years ahead of us in technology [pun intended].

The closest start to us [other than our Sun] is over 4 light years away. That means that if we travelled at 30 km a second [four times the average speed of the ISS], it would take us 40'000 years to get there.

Just read up on interstellar and intergalactic space travel. What actual physicists and engineers say about it. The energy require to reach the speeds necessary, and required to stop us at the destination, are so far beyond anything we will maybe EVER be capable of. There are naive, hopeful futurists that say that we'll figure it out someday... and we might. But we also might not. An unfathomable amount of things must be in place for our race to even begin to consider interstellar travel... let alone actually try to do it.

a reply to: gnarkill1529
Well, you are quite possibly wrong there.

en.wikipedia.org...
mkaku.org...

Once you're through with this, read up on intergalactic travel. That is even less likely.

edit on 9-6-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Your additional insights are most productive towards a logical thought process which should taper our expectations of visitation. Along this line of thinking, aliens may be observing many planets and developing lifeforms, so we may not be their only interest. Of course, since we only know of ourselves, we assume our planet and lifeforms are special, unique, and that may be. However, if many fledgling lifeforms exist throughout our galaxy, their plate would be very full, even traveling at near speed of light. Furthermore, if they have established intergalactic travel at faster than light travel, they would be really overwhelmed with balancing lifeform observation. Hypothetically, they would use remote viewing techniques, drones, probes to observe. Only dire situations would require visitation possibly. And, maybe there are other aliens that get in their way. If they exist and are attempting to foster growth, they are very busy, and we are sitting here wanting all their attention. They will deal with us as they deem necessary. Benevolent aliens may also be warring with malevolent aliens. So, we need to carry on, do our best not to destroy our environment, and avoid wiping each other out. Machupichu, Easter Island, Ancient Egypt, Sumeria, India, Mesopotamia...all civilizations that we believe reached the breaking point, either due to environmental destruction, war, or natural disaster. Some dissappeared without a trace more or less...because they were taken, saved? Maybe. I hope we do not see that day soon, because if we do, we are leaving Earth as failures.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If they are have been here and are super intelligent, and millions of years ahead of us, what makes you think they have not already taken over. Its very possible they have mastered mind control and thinking powers being this advanced.
Wat u think and do might not actually be you making those choices...I mean we are destroying ourselves after all.
Free thinking might not be actually free..

Or they have just said "they will destroy themselves anyway, we'll come back later"

edit on 9-6-2014 by crazyaussi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Ant's have hardly split the atom yet have they, quite a weird comparison if you ask me....

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Not completely non-comparable. Ant colonies have fascinating creative abilities and some destroy their environment and just move and begin their destruction in new lands. Sure they haven't created atom bombs, but we have not created a means to travel great distances into the cosmos, either. Science has advanced in leaps and bounds for us in the last couple of hundred years, but we only know as much as our technology assists us in perceiving. We are limited until new discoveries are made. Ants are limited too.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Who cares?

Seriously, stop and think for a moment.

An alien species that is so advanced, that we appear like ants to them......

Okay, soooooooo....what? We just stop being who we are? We just stop trying?

No we keep looking until we find the race that at least sees us on par with a pet dog. A race 1 billion years ahead of us might as well not exist for us, but hey one at about a million or less years could be very interesting.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If anything this goes to show you that this man doesn't have a clue about what he is talking about.

I find Neil's comments to be arrogant and nothing more than a quip against all others whom he feels are intellectually beneath him. So his comments tell us more about the man he is rather than pose any real possibilities.

Look around you at the animal kingdom.... how many of them are Sentient?

Now consider life in the cosmos... if we are one Sentient animal out of millions of non Sentient animals, then that must be true in general of alien life.

Now if there was an intelligent alien that had tech far in advance of our own... then they would have gone through a technology and development curve in much the same way we have... that means they would be able to relate to us at some level as being Sentient and Intelligent.

They may however have chosen to not contact us directly under some moral code, something akin to the Star Trek's prime directive, although that is another matter...

Peace,

Korg.

edit on 9-6-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: cocotutch
Think on it for a second, we pollute CONSTANTLY. We make the wrong choices both for ourselves (smoking, drinking, crime...etc) and for our planet (littering, landfill, pollutants, radioactive waste/bombs....etc) while relying on current (I will not say "Modern" because that awful day-glow furniture and technology from the 70s was considered such) technology to fix us!

Exploitation of natural resources is a sign on inteligence, not unintelligence. If we didn't do all that we'd still be dying of Black Death by the campfire. Humans make "wrong" choices because we are biological beings that are imperfect compared to our ideals and subject to a plethora of cognitive biases. You'd need a non-organic consciousness to get rid of such biases. And in the end the AI might reflect it's creators biases or have some of it's own.

If ETs exist the most pressing incentive for them to develop spaceflight technology would be the fact that they ran out of resources or destroyed their home planet. Space programs based on pure intellectual curiosity (like ours right now) result in space exploration budgets that are smaller than what some companies spend on developing razors. We're not gonna go out there untill we have such resource scarcity that space mining becomes commercialy viable. I kinda of doubt they got out there without going through something similar either.

For all we know the aliens could more "stupid" as species than we are. Perhaps they have a billion year headstart they spent on nuking their planet a couple of times over barely surviving and rebuilding civilization only to start again. Eventualy they manage to sort their things out and get into space. Then they discover that some billion year younger fleshbags have achieved what took them countless years in a short timespan with relatively little bloodshed. How humiliating would that be?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Oh my. This is all controlled info

Your life is managed But you have to fine tune the problem areas, because our lack of integrity and compassion and anger and violence even, puts the signal out of touch with the tower, HS/Source and the Good Team up there. And it can put other groups in touch instead.

But they're capable of giving you a dozen days before your one day is chosen as standing, if they wanted to anyway. This is not really a concrete reality.

They're not studying us for our intelligence. This warring, starvation planet of inequality and lack of freedoms is not an assignment for study. We're like kids who misbehaved and this is remedial school, where we are forced to deal with the manifestations of our flaws, and yet there are different groups vying for solutions, forward and progressive or harsh and punitive and regressive.

The good news is, we get to choose which side has more support by thoughts and actions The bad news is, we don't know that and still react and participate in all the things creating the inequality and wars, but Good is always watching over and we're still going to progress into the solar system, whether it be in a positive way probably depends on the overall frequency of humanity or any given areas or regions

But I see we're going forward, and in positive ways. Somehow this current problem has been a result of past errors, and now we need to rewrite the script.
edit on 9-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I think this statement is definitely possible. We have problems keeping the peace amongst ourselves on this rock alone.Until we can achieve that, I personally think we'll remain not ready for intergalactic affairs.

Why don't you trust Dr. Tyson Void?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join