It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Canadian Prisoners Escape in Helicopter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So, this story just popped up on my news feed on Facebook. Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I didn't see it when I searched. I'm searching for more stories now to add to this thread. So, a person flying a helicopter landed it at a prison, swooped up three people and took off... Not sure how common this is or isn't, but I'm pretty blown away by this story...

A manhunt is underway in Canada after a green helicopter swooped into a prison north of Quebec city and carried away three prisoners Saturday evening, police said. “There is a massive manhunt going on to try to locate them,” a spokesperson for the Surete du Quebec, the provincial police force. One person is believed to have been aboard the helicopter when it picked up the three men, who were arrested as a result of Operation Ecrevisse, a drug trafficking investigation.

Source: www.nbcbayarea.com...
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

Mugshots of the three escapees

NBC News
CNN

A helicopter swooped into a Canadian prison and carried three prisoners away on Saturday evening, police said.

The men escaped from the prison in Orsainville just north of Quebec City, said Sgt. Audrey-Anne Bilodeau, a spokesperson for the Surete du Quebec, the provincial police force.

The Surete identified the men on its Twitter feed as Serge Pomerleau, 49; Denis Lefebvre, 53; and Yves Denis, 35. But the CBC said the last man’s full name was Yves Denis Yvon Lamontagne.

Bilodeau said police were searching for a green helicopter with red and white markings that landed at the prison, though she didn’t know whether it landed in a prison yard, on a building or nearby. She said it was last seen heading west from Quebec City.

She said a lone pilot was believed to have been aboard the copter when it arrived at the prison.

“There is a massive manhunt going on to try to locate them,” she said.

Airports were alerted to watch for the aircraft, and the military was helping in an air search, she said.

She said she was uncertain of the crimes the men had committed but said they had been sent to prison as a result of Project Crayfish.

That investigation of drug trafficking led to the arrest of dozens of people on various charges.

In March 2013, two men escaped from a prison northwest of Montreal by climbing into a hovering helicopter that had been hijacked. The escapees and two people accused of hijacking the copter were captured within hours, according to media reports at the time.

edit on 8-6-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Impressive, they can make a movie out of that.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Impressive, they can make a movie out of that.

That's like the first thing I thought of when I read this story, "hey, this sounds like a movie"... Crazy daring... That helicopter pilot has some massive stones to do that...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The men are reported to be Hell's Angels and this is the second such escape in 2 years according to what CBC reported this morning. This recent escape happened yesterday. link

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Man, the Canucks sure know how to pull off a jailbreak! Impressive, these guys certainly have the Americans licked with this escape.

Hope they're caught soon, though. Something tells me escapees on a chopper mean serious business and probably aren't the cheery type.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Color me impressed.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Man, the Canucks sure know how to pull off a jailbreak! Impressive, these guys certainly have the Americans licked with this escape.

Hope they're caught soon, though. Something tells me escapees on a chopper mean serious business and probably aren't the cheery type.

Yea, you need to be a well connected person if you are coordinating a prison escape via helicopter... A little more extreme than hopping a fence..haha

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Note to the Canadian penal system. Install anti aircraft weapons on each corner of your facility.

Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Note to the Canadian penal system. Install anti aircraft weapons on each corner of your facility.

Problem solved.
Too risky, suppose the inmates gained control of them?
A simple net stretched across the entire site would have made this method of escape impossible. Even some wires stretched across would prevent a copter from landing.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

wow, they must have seen superman where lex luthor escapes like that.. in a hot air balloon.

They almost deserve their freedom. Almost.
edit on 6 8 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Why Do they look like star trek crew members in their uniforms?

Never seen prison garb look so fashionable.

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

WE BE CANADIAN!

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

They may not be cheery, but I bet they're sorry though…

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There have been a few jailbrakes over here with a helicopter, now they have put up cables over the prison yard to prevent such thing

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I just can't get the vision out of my head... the three jumping in saying "Take off, eh! Take off eh!"

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Some years ago (maybe 15) there was an attempt of escape like that here in Portugal, a helicopter tried to hover over a prison yard to take two or three Italian mobsters that were there, but the guards fired upon the helicopter and it had to leave without the passengers.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I just can't get the vision out of my head... the three jumping in saying "Take off, eh! Take off eh!"

I'm convinced the pilot was either blackmailed into this daring mission (i.e. we have your family now do this or else) or he/she has the most MASSIVE stones known to man to agree to participate in this escape plan.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Nahhh, there is no eh at the end of each sentence. They're quebecois, their frangle (french-english) language is not good enough for the eh part

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11
Maybe they were part of a prison theater group or something... Anyhow, I had looked at the pics kind of quickly at first and thought the guy on the left was Jason Bourne.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Not wanting to be a nerd but I am so I'll continue, it was Superman 2 the prison break happened. Sorry I know it's a problem.

Nice job by the crims though.
Even though they shouldn't be out and be caught a.s.a.p you have to respect the audacity of the situation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join