It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich and successful we have been lied to about how they get there

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: werewolf99
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Show me a person who is supposed to have gotten their by hardwork and determination: to becoming very rich: and I will show you a person with at least one piece of very good luck.

I'd like to add that you'll undoubtedly find these "hard workers" have also stepped on the necks of more than a few of their peers to get where they are today. Many secrets to that elusive success... Most never talked about!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
An entire family owns three restaurants, that isnt even remotely very rich: the exact wording I am used is very rich. I am afriad everyone is bringing down what very rich is untill is eventually means everyone. I said VERY RICH.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You are pretty good with the sarcasm. I agree, if you work really hard, you can make it! IF you had four or five people all saving up to make a good down payment on a home. IF you get lucky and find a decent job. If, If, If, there are a LOT of ifs that you are leaving out there... you must admit, he is not the average in America.

The truth is, there is no reason anyone should HAVE to work that hard just to have a nice home and be able to save money.

I'm not saying we should be able to be lazy and just get whatever we want, but there is no reason a person should have to work two or three jobs, live without the basics, and sleep 6 people to a room just to make a living. That's the way this country is headed though, due to greed, and the snowball effect of having to work multiple jobs to just get by.... One person takes two jobs to live on, because they don't pay well enough, and prices being through the roof, then that's one less job for the next guy to get.

You can't act like this is still the fourties or fifties where hard work alone would get you somewhere in this world,

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

a reply to: SonoftheSun

You said you met him years later and so you cannot say that he had luck or any of the other criteria, and any way I said really rich.

Doubt it was luck but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Now, please describe "very rich" cause multimillionnaire is a hell of a lot richer than I am.

How rich? Billionaire? Trillionaire? Gazillionaire? I own the planet type of rich?

That would be Rothschild rich or filthy stinky rich. Nothing to do with luck or hard work, I agree.

Just corruption.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

Like very rich hollywood star type of rich. Minumum tens of millons of dollars or pounds rich.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

My story is 100% accurate. They did it. They did not know it couldn't be done and they did what they had to do. They shouldn't HAVE TO work so hard? Well, there you have it right there, buddy. Everyone should just be given what they need. Nobody should work hard. Everyone should make $100K a year just because they grace our presence with their existence: The Entitlement Generation in a nutshell.

And yeah, OP, three restaurants is not REALLY RICH, is it? They didn't turn into Bill Gates over night. But they went from NOTHING to COMFORTABLE. You want everyone to become a billionaire to satisfy your definition? Fine. Most people don't have to. And here I thought the basic idea was for your average person to be able to get his own house and provide for himself and his family and retire comfortably. Y'all want to be a Rockefeller and resent it because you don't have the moxie to make it? Get a life. Really.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68

The truth is, there is no reason anyone should HAVE to work that hard just to have a nice home and be able to save money.

I'm not saying we should be able to be lazy and just get whatever we want, but there is no reason a person should have to work two or three jobs, live without the basics, and sleep 6 people to a room just to make a living.

You obviously didn't read my whole post before laying on the rhetoric. You can't honestly say that you should have to work that hard to make a decent living. What happened to a 9-5 40 hours a week and being able to make it? I understand that you are not going to have that right off the bat, but with the cost of school being so much, and with company's hiring for experience over degrees, its hard to even get started anymore.

*EDIT*

Also, no where did I say what you were saying was fabricated or not true. I just said that you were being sarcastic, and that you should not need to work that hard to get by. That leaves no time to live your life, and I'm sorry if you think the only reason for being alive is slaving away so you can stay alive, but I differ in opinion.

edit on 8-6-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I would venture to add 'Special Treatment' as number five, with the subheading 'Protected Classes' (gets one those 'shoestring budget loans' necessary to start a business).

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You do what it takes.

Its always been that way.

You have a dream,

make it happen.

My father worked so many jobs and actually he sounded a lot like you and was determined to change the scenario. When he made a breakthrough on a promising product he put his kids to work to produce it, along with him working extra contract work to pay for the materials. My siblings and I spent most of our childhood helping my father and it was rough, and at times no new clothes, all hand me downs, bill collectors, people looking at us as though we were deprived but we knew better, we believed and we did it. International business and well recognized, yep, that's right. He instilled this in us as I'm instilling it in my children. I remember having no dinners unless something good was growing in the garden, I remember his bartering work for machinists to build the equipment, I remember what it takes……

Note: Just for the record, due to this thread I've thought of another idea that would be very popular with low production costs, am going to run it by my brother for feasibility, thanks! Really appreciate it! Now its your turn . . . .

STM

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: werewolf99

LOL I really don't know how to respond other than to say, someone, somewhere along the way either worked had, invented something or were brilliant in their field in order to pass on that wealth. You seem to be very angry. Try working harder and maybe you too will be rich, if that's what would give you happiness in life. Then you can pass it on to your children and they can be ridiculed for being born into it

edit on 05520Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

I am well aware that you do what it takes to get by.

I am doing it day to day myself. What I am trying to say, is that our system is wrong. Your father should not have had to work so hard to get by. Not because I think you don't need to work hard, but because there is enough on this planet for everyone if we all do our part.

NO ONE should have to struggle day to day when some are sitting with 5 homes and private jets, that just doesn't make sense. Greed is running rampant, and people are suffering.

I'm not saying these things because I feel entitled or because I want things handed too me, I'm saying these things because the way we do things is wrong, and they need changed.

I'm truly happy for your father finally making it, and I hope your new idea ends up paying off. I am trying to dig myself out of the position I am in, and I want to do it for myself, however, in a perfect world (or one that a little less *@^&ed) It wouldn't be this hard.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Thisbseth

You have also missed out the good luck that would have accompianied the creation of the first compamy.

Ever hear the saying "You make your own luck"? It's my opinion that people that take your point of view are weak and just looking for some justification for their own failings and laziness. "Ah I'm not lucky" or "I'm not getting what's due because someone else is somehow screwing me out of it." Find a job and do it better than the next guy and maybe you'll advance. Don't look for excuses because no one really cares what your excuse is.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

You don't think that it is more likely to be LUCK and hardwork. Without luck nothing happens: unless you fulfill one of the other 3 criteria that I mentioned.

Has nobody ever shared 'The Secret" with you?
You make your own luck in this world! It does take a fare amount of common sense, though.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

An entire family owns three restaurants, that isnt even remotely very rich: the exact wording I am used is very rich. I am afriad everyone is bringing down what very rich is untill is eventually means everyone. I said VERY RICH.

My friend, the definition of rich is subjective. It represents different levels of monetary wealth to different people. You seem to be referring to the ultra wealthy whom everyone would agree is "rich". Well it's somewhat true that after a certain point, the money is great enough to sustain itself and grow ever larger. However there are examples of people losing fortunes. I think you're anger is misplaced.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Its always been hard.

To rise to the top you have to go for it.

Think!!! What are you best at? If you don't have technical skills go to night classes and get some and then create something from what you have learned. How does anyone expect to "rise above" if they have nothing to offer? What's that about? I'm sorry I sound so hard but wow. It sounds like y'all want a world where we all have the same of everything. Think about that. . . . A grey world where we all wear the same clothes, same daily routine, no innovation (wouldn't dare), anyone has a stray thought (take them away), think about where your wants now would take our world down the road . . . . You really want that?

It reminds me of H.G. Wells and his book the "Time Machine" where the people had such a perfect life that they became food for other's plate. A perfect bubble is not the answer. We thrive on innovation and must always reach . . .

STM

Consider watching the original "Time Machine" with Rod Taylor, it will give you the picture down the road imho.
edit on 8-6-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
"Rich" is totally subjective. I consider myself rich because I work for myself at a business I built from nothing.
I just barely make enough money to stay afloat, but for me it's not about greed and profit; it's about doing what you
love and not having to call another man "sir" and kiss his butt to keep the job.

Most people will never experience this type of "rich" because they have been brainwashed into the corporate BS style of thinking, worship authority and have been beaten down by the system and are afraid to even try to live their dreams.
It's the way "they" planned it.

For all the people that went from rags to riches....there are thousands, perhaps millions stuck in jobs that will go nowhere, that they despise and will never find a way out of the rat race except for the rare times he can escape thru drugs, alcohol,TV or other self destructive addictions. Times have changed.......Bread and Circus at it's finest

It's a brave new world!!!

edit on 8-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68

I'm not saying that there are not people who work hard... Most of those are your average people. The millionaire/billionaire's hire everyday people to work their assess off while they sit in a chair and rake it in...

I know there are some genuinely good hard working people who have worked their way into money, but be honest, most people with lots of money DO NOT work hard, if at all.

Quite right!

And many many of them inherited their wealth, the wealth that was created running slave trades. Just research some of our (uk) politicians and priministers.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
Creativity, hard work, not giving up no matter what people tell you.

There's your answer.

Are you up to it?

That's the real question . . .

This.

Finding excuses why someone else is wealthy and you aren't is usually just that: An excuse. It takes a lot to risk everything you have, time away from family and having to hear practically everyone tell you that you are crazy and wont be successful. It takes so long that "luck" doesn't really factor in because you have as much bad luck as good.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: werewolf99

Sure .. some get rich that way. But a lot of people earn their money through hard work and good investment strategies. Honestly .. you sound jealous and bitter.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
1. They didn't become rich or successful: they were born rich.
2. Luck: someone walks in one day looking for someone for a multimillion pound or dollar job, who is ill or lazy and thinks what they hell this guy will do.
3. They marry money.
4. They have brilliant connections through boarding or private schools: very much related to number 1.
Many people are givin examples of people we do not know about and therefore cannot verify. So how about examples of people we know and can find out about: the hollywood stars. I still say that these people have got there through one of the above, or even more than one routes above.
edit on 9-6-2014 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2014 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join