It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting at Walmart in Las Vegas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: opethPA

No, I was expecting a responsible introduction to a topic with enough information and sources to confirm the information. This can then be followed by discussion. Instead, we get the sensational tidbit that a revolution has started! We'll sort it out later that it was just a false alarm. That's the MSM MO.

When I made the original post that is all the information that was available.
The line given was attributed to one of the suspects so it seemed relevant.

If you don't like it or feel that my approach was MSM then here is a plan... don't read the thread and start your own next time.

Don't post until there's more information. Anything else is just sensationalism. But you're right, next time I see your OP with nothing but a reference to a news tease, I'll avoid reading.

This thred is fine. The OP does a fine job here on ATS. Its a breaking news story and like MOST breaking news threads the OP is limited in scope and detail. Why don't you work harder on bringing "decent" threads to this site (something I see you don't do enough) and leave a perfectly "fine" thread alone with your new-user-2014-ridiculo- expectations.

The dude basically brought you a story an hour before all of mainstream media did. Like a champ!

Thanks. Welcome to ATS btw.

MM
edit on 8-6-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: alldaylong

Q: Why carry a gun while shopping? A: Ummmm, because look what happened. Some maniac came in there shooting at people.

Well what can i say. People begin shooting because they take guns to a supermarket. You couldn't have answered my question in a better manner. You do realise what you said do you not?

A few weeks ago, a couple of young people came into a supermarket here in The U.K. and began shooting innocent shoppers.
Then i awoke. It was just a dream, because the chances of it happening here are virtually zero.

edit on 8-6-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

We need to examine what all these people doing this kind of stuff have in common. This kind of person should not have access to guns.

I saw a list awhile back . listing ,mass murders, mental illness , suicide, murders suicide and pharmaceuticals like anti psychotic and anti depression drugs. It had a strong indication the majority had mental illness and pharmaceuticals like anti psychotic and anti depression drugs in common very few crimes didnt have those key elements in common. The out of the blue mass murder was very small in comparisons .

Wish I could remember where i saw it.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
A couple of idiots went to Walmart with guns.

Hardly "The Shot Heard Around the World".

If the three people shot were from your family...it would be a mass shooting.

The 2nd Revolution starting at Walmart....Poignant

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

My condolences to the families who lost loved ones today. I am sorry for your loss.

I am glad that these shooters will be unable to do anymore harm to anyone else.

Very sad situation. Kudo's to you OP for another breaking story! Your always on top of it helping to keep us informed!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
A couple of idiots went to Walmart with guns.

Hardly "The Shot Heard Around the World".

If the three people shot were from your family...it would be a mass shooting.

The 2nd Revolution starting at Walmart....Poignant

It is a mass shooting...

MM

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It is a tough scenario for sure.

Cover stories like this and they possibly generate motivation or ideas for other like minded criminals.
Ignore stories like this and people will be frustrated\cry that the truth is being held back.

My approach is put the information out there and let people do what they want with it as that is what I hope for personally.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

You scooped the MSM.

That was pretty cool. Beat them by about 30 minutes.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This story reeks of a copycat of the Moncton Canada shooting...

Are people so gullible that they are completely unaware of the elite agenda?

The elite has financed and promoted ALL revolutions throughout history.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: mwood

OH HELL YES! Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility. You're basically like another cop out there. Good job buddy. Whether we want to accept it or not, the world is getting crazier and crazier by the minute. To be unarmed is to be unprepared. You shouldn't even leave your house if you don't carry some type of weapon. At least a knife, pepper spray or taser. Hey, the bad guys are doing it. So if you're not packin something, the bad guys are already on each step ahead. Whether we want to realize it or not, there is a war going on. There is a force out there that wants to take advantage of your naivety. It only takes a couple of seconds to go from taking a walk in the park, to fighting for your life.

Do I sound crazy? Well look around you folks. Do you want to be a victim or a survivor? Those are your only two choices. Sitting on the fence will only get you caught up in the crossfire. Trust me, I don't WANT to live life this way. I don't WANT the world to be like this. But I do want to continue living. Preferably not as a vegetable. I wish we COULD just mind our own business and go about our day. But to do that and that only is to play pretend games.

Is it the SSRI drugs? Other drugs? Mental health? The economy? Satan himself? I don't know what is causing it, but until we figure it out and fix it, we must consider ourselves to be in a state of constant warfare. We must be remain vigilant. Honestly, it will probably never end... Personally, I'm fine with whatever God decides to do with me. But I am severely protective over my loved ones, and All of the innocent people out there, especially women and children.

Being armed didn't seem to help the 2 cops who got killed at the pizza place.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Mass shooting with one victim.

So far what i have heard it was a cop shooting (no cops dead) with one victim (non cop) dead.
And both suspects dead by self inflicted gun shoot wounds.

Since when did they start counting the suspects as victims just to make it a mass shooting.

By the way there are a lot of CCW holders in Vegas and Walmart allows CCW carry.
edit on 8-6-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Moresby
This story doesn't seem to be getting much attention. Nothing on local news wrap. Can't find it on CNN's homepage. Fox has it on their homepage. But no video.

Looks like one of those stories that will rapidly disappear into the mist of history.

It's on CNN as a breaking news banner right now.

Still no push notification on my phone's lock screen

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
Mass shooting with one victim.

So far what i have heard it was a cop shooting (no cops dead) with one victim (non cop) dead.
And both suspects dead by self inflicted gun shoot wounds.

Since when did they start counting the suspects as victims just to make it a mass shooting.

By the way there are a lot of CCW holders in Vegas and Walmart allows CCW carry.

The latest update I saw was 2 cops, 1 civilian and 2 suspects (male/female) dead. We can argue semantics over what a mass shooting is vs isn't or we can keep the information flowing so people can form their own opinions.

Do you have a source indicating other wise so I can update?

edit on 8-6-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
UPDATE: The gunmen ambushed and shot the officers, took their guns and ran to nearby Wal-Mart where they killed a shopper before themselves.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I read that 2 cops did die... did you read different?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
A comment at RT raised a very interesting question about these types of shootings:

Why do these twisted freaks always attack the poorest of the poor people or defenseless school kids? How come these maniacs never shoot up a fancy private Golf Course, or a $10,000 a plate political fundraiser? Is it the rich and powerful can afford to pay a private armed security detail to protect themselves against the maniacs from getting close to them?

rt.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Since the breaking news part of this is over I have added all the updates to the original post based on the good idea SpaDe_ suggested.

As always, thanks for adding to the story folks.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Looks to me like the OP scooped some actual MSM on this one.

And that's what it's all about I suppose. Scoop everyone else. In my opinion, that's what's wrong with the MSM.

It's a fact, as I've actually called Fox News headquarters in the past, and CNN, to confirm....they have desk reporters that cull breaking news from ATS. We've all see pics posted here first, then on MSM in some rather big stories. Such as Fukushima.

ATS for a large part, gets the stories first, from multiple sources whom are actual members here.

Be grateful you get it first on ATS.

I pray for the victims and families of this horrible shooting today. It's always senseless...and the innocent are the ones who pay and suffer the most.

Des

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Chilling that there seems to be two children walking right in front of the guy in the frame of the shoot... like nothing is even going on

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join