It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting at Walmart in Las Vegas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Harry Reid is no friend of the second amendment and this is his home turf I actually think something will happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
It must be a shopping revolution for low low prices at Walmart! I guess they needed getaway cash and some necessities.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
BREAKING: 2 suspects "down" at Walmart in Las Vegas after shootings there and at nearby pizza restaurant - KVVU-TV

If the cops put them down quickly, and it could have been much worse if they did not, could it be possible for ATS members to praise them?

Cops kill for the right reasons?

That can't be, can it?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A 'revolution' has begun but then one shoots them self in the head? confused...
edit on 8-6-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Multiple shooters that get claimed as one is what usually gets the crowd going. If this comes out as just being one person then sure they will start. Well it will start anyway but this one seems like some people that just snapped

I disagree, A person may "snap" and just lose it but it makes no sense to me that 3 people could "snap" all at the same time and become psychotic.

Seems more likely that these 3 people are just bad people who have no sense of personal responsibility, have no morals or empathy for other people. They also most likely have a false sense of reality.......Like many on here..

The fact that they all "went crazy" at once is not right I think.

Maybe 3 crazy ass people that just found each other.......

Also..... I was in Las Vegas 3 weeks ago, spent a week there. My mother in law questioned why I had to carry a concealed weapon when we went to Wal-mart, The Carrol Shelby museum and then out to dinner....."What are you afraid of?" she asked......

There ya go, proves my point better than I ever could.

You never know when, where or how it will happen.....be prepared.
edit on 8-6-2014 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
According to the FBI, if it's more than 4 people killed you can call it mass murder. So this is an exaggeration by the media. Not a mass murder.

The FBI defines mass murder as murdering four or more persons during an event with no "cooling-off period" between the murders. A mass murder typically occurs in a single location where one or more people kill several others.
en.wikipedia.org...

link   
Walmart, why am I NOT surprised? I've seen the strangest things there, witnessed a stupid fight in the parking lot between two southern ladies who were vying for the primo parking spot when I thought a little bit of a walk wouldn't hurt them none, get your 10,000 steps in ladies. I have no reason to shop there anymore and I don't. Besides, most everything on their shelves is made in China. Just an irritating situation all around, but to be honest, I can see how someone would completely lose it at a Walmart, but then that's a whole 'nother story

link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: LadySkadi
Since when did 3 shot become "mass" shooting? Is the definition of "mass" by number of people shot or by the location these days (ie: public location, rather then a gang shooting or whatever)

3 dead and more wounded ..

what qualifies as mass to you if that doesn't?

One definition from an FBI report was this:

if he kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
According to the FBI, if it's more than 4 people killed you can call it mass murder. So this is an exaggeration by the media. Not a mass murder.

The FBI defines mass murder as murdering four or more persons during an event with no "cooling-off period" between the murders. A mass murder typically occurs in a single location where one or more people kill several others.
en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for posting that.
To this point their are 2 offices dead, 1 civilian dead, 1 suspect dead by your own definition that makes it a mass shooting.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If more than one is shot its considered mass.
A lady who worked with me a long time ago was married to a man who was sitting in a car when his friend the driver got out went into a house and shot two people. The ladies husband went to jail for 25 years as accessory to mass murder. se reply to: LadySkadi

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
No, you can't count the suspect as a victim! He was either shot by cops or he shot himself. So I count only three.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

You don't get praise for doing what you are supposed to do.
Cops have a lose lose job, don't get praise for doing what your are paid to do
And you will hear about it if you mess up. Can't handle that, don't be a cop

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
They should have put up a No Guns Allowed sign. Walmart was just asking for this to happen if they didn't have a sign. How was the gunman supposed to know if there was no sign??

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
No, you can't count the suspect as a victim! He was either shot by cops or he shot himself. So I count only three.

Notice what I said ,"Mass shooting " which is how it was reported, not a mass murder.
You can count everything you want, by definition this is a mass shooting.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wrong. It's always been murdering more than one. It's not to sensationalized anything. a reply to: CaticusMaximus

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This story gets more and more complex...

PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
2 suspects in Las Vegas shootings killed themselves in a suicide pact -

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
They should have put up a No Guns Allowed sign. Walmart was just asking for this to happen if they didn't have a sign. How was the gunman supposed to know if there was no sign??

Why the need to put up a sign?

Who in their right mind would want to carry a gun whilst shopping?
I just can't get my head around this American thing of loving a gun. Why can't they do what most of us do and love a woman, ( or a man as the case maybe).

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

must of been the Judean People's Front (life of Brian)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It's not that complex, it's the pattern - the end to almost every active shooting situation like this - shot by the cop, or more likely, shot by self.

I'm not really arguing the "mass shooting" definition by the way, was only questioning the tone and verbage used in media when a shotting occurs in a public setting, versus when it occurs in private or when it's gang related.
edit on 8-6-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Mass shooting and mass murder are two different things.

Why are people arguing over what is and what is not a mass shooting/murder anyways?

Or just saying how much they dislike Walmart...

Sigh...gotta love Western Culture.

MM

edit on 8-6-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join