It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militant Attack on Karachi Airport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

PzFeed Top News @PzFeed · 14m
AIRPORT ATTACK
- Karachi Int'l Airport
- 12+ militants
- Large explosions, gunfire heard
- Multiple deaths, injuries
- Assault continues

Militant Attack on Karachi Airport

Will post more as it becomes available.
Seems like a very dangerous, though not unexecpted, situation

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Found this site as well:

news.yahoo

and another:

www.dawn.com...

edit on 6/8/2014 by TXTriker because: second site

edit on Sun Jun 8 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix yahoo link

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Being Pakistan I understand the not surprised part.A dozen armed militants at an airport.Lord help the civilians there.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
ugh...

PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
BREAKING NEWS: Gunmen at Karachi Pakistan Airport have set multiple planes on fire. At least 5 dead. assault continues.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

More here:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

edit on 8-6-2014 by ausername because: bad idea.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
More...

KARACHI, Pakistan — Gunmen attacked a cargo and V.I.P. area of Karachi’s international airport late Sunday night, engaging in a heavy firefight with security forces and killing at least four of them, Pakistani security officials said.

The officials said that at least eight attackers were involved, and that the fighting was continuing early Monday morning.

Security forces sealed off the airport, and flights began being diverted away from Karachi within minutes of the fighting. Witnesses saw smoke rising from the airport’s old terminal, and one Pakistani news channel showed footage of a fire burning close to a plane.
www.nytimes.com...

Des

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the updates everyone, please keep them coming for anyone that is interested about this topic.

This type of collaborative reporting is why I come to ATS..

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
Army troops arriving at Karachi Airport and taking positions. "Proper coordination being ensured for optimum effect," says spox

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
BREAKING NEWS: A suicide bomber has detonated himself near an aircraft at Karachi airport in Pakistan.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
BREAKING NEWS: A suicide bomber has detonated himself near an aircraft at Karachi airport in Pakistan.

Politically incorrect. Must be more culturally sensitive. No more suicide bombers. The media has been urged to call them "homicide bombers".
edit on 8-6-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
UPDATE: At least 5 blasts in last 5 minutes.

So far 5 security forces, 4 civilians, 4 attackers have been killed.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Forgot to add a secondary news source to the original story so here is a link to the CNN report..

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Sanjay Gupta was suggesting on CNN that they may have been just looking for a plane they could use to go somewhere in.
Maybe they just wanted to join a jihad somewhere and thought that they could just steal a plane, from watching too many movies, probably.
edit on 8-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It's Over the terrorists are dead, search is continuing for any hidden terrorists. 10 dead non-Pakistani terrorists with confirmed Indian Weaponry. Source: Dawn News, GEO News, ARY News, Samaa TV, ISPR, Express Tribune, Pakistan Rangers. 13 civilians died. 7 Airport Security Force officials (ASF), 1 Sindh Police Officer and 1 Pakistan Ranger killed. Pakistan Army suffered no fatalities. 2 Civilians were also killed, One of them Flight technician for PIA (Pakistan International Airlines) and the other a Civil Aviation Authority Official. No planes were damaged. Infrastructure damage was minimal to none. Operation ended in 4 hours and 40 minutes. Attack took place away from the public areas of the Airport, near and at the hangars.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabih96

"confirmed Indian weaponry".
Yeah, sure. Confirmed by whom? Sounds like the Pakistani version of a false flag to me. We'll know soon enough depending on Pakistan's reaction to the attack.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
A suicide bomber has detonated himself near an aircraft

Your phrasing of this is inappropriate and offensive. Pretty sure this can be misread as busting nuts all over a plane.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabih96

www.dawn.com...

TTP = Tehrik-i-taliban pakistan

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does constant posting of tweets and single links really annoying and not really help a thread? I have noticed a trend in this, and it really ruins a thread in my opinion. Besides being against the heart of no single line posts and basically bumping a thread, I would just hate to see this get worse.

I begin to get distrustful of the information I am being fed. Ripe for consumption.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So this is still ongoing??????????

I'm confused

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join