It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two US B-2 Stealth Bombers deployed to RAF Fairford, UK in rare overseas deployment (Video, Pics)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Too bad they didn't slip and show video of the other one.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh boy that would have been nice! Can you say "early release!"

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cass1dy09

Hey Cass.... the other day I came across this footage of two B twoos and wanted to start a thread on them. I couldn't imagine this wasn't posted on ATS and did a quick search and came onto your thread.

Fortunately this vid is a bit longer than yours so for the people who can appreciate it.... here is the longer version of the same event.

What a privilege it must be for these pilots to fly such a beast... (at 8:05 the B-2 looks like a big bird in the sky with a worm hanging from it mouth.)

Wow...what are those planes impressive and seeing this live must have been awesome...... really beautiful planes and wonder how these pilots think she handles in the air, take-off and landing.

PS Just did notice your other vids in the OP.. very much of the same I posted.. Anyways, never too lttle of this stuff...

Enjoy..

edit on 22/9/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Things have been heating up. A trial by fire may expedite certain projects. I'd be looking elsewhere than Fairford. Block 3.1 just scored it's first [ground] kill yesterday.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: aholic

They have already had interesting things over in the UK, besides B-2s, with more heading that way in the next year.
edit on 9/24/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

You're absolutely right. And where Raptors strike an equally silent platform will be needed to conduct BDA.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

That's been around for awhile. But at least two that are much closer to operational than people think have been playing over that way.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Oh sure been around awhile and will now prove its capability over a denied ADS in wartime. A first for her that I'm aware of- which excites me. But yes the more tactical platforms you allude to I'm sure will make an appearance, perhaps sooner than later?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

One has been for several months already. The other MAY have headed that way, but I'm not sure.

Not her first trip over denied airspace, but her first OFFICIAL trip.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Right! Gotcha. If you haven't already, the IFSAR footage of the Raptor SDB's landing true is quite informative.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Stunning pictures. Haven't had a chance for the video yet. Impressed as hell with the optics though. Crystal clear.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Allow me, and for those else interested in such things.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Good GOD that thing has some optics on it. That is by far the best video I've ever seen from an airborne platform.

Nice bunker busters too. Didn't think they cleared the Raptors for them.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hey guys, thanks for the links and informations so far. Reading between the lines, do you guys think this is footage from the RQ-180 or another yet-to-be-discovered platform?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gfad

We can't give away ALL the secrets.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They have already had interesting things over in the UK, besides B-2s, with more heading that way in the next year.

Now you have me excited. I want to know more !

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: gfad

We can't give away ALL the secrets.

Tease! Now I'm dying to know!

Plenty of footage online now youtu.be...

What does the number with the upper case M mean in these videos? Is it the distance between the aircraft and the target being filmed?
edit on 24/9/14 by gfad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

That compound looks like something out of a Bond movie. A typical "bad guy fortress" complete with walls. Why do radicals put themselves in such obvious locations/targets? I mean, you couldn't script a better nest for baddies.

I swear, war is looking more and more like the movies -- and the movies are looking more and more outrageous.

How about the bad guys, you know, hide out in the back of a grocery store or one of their Mom's basements?

"Hey guys, this place even has a huge black leather chair that rotates, so we can plan our world domination! It even has a hidden swimming pool in the middle of the room for sharks! The real estate agent said the sharks come with the compound, but the lasers don't -- we'll have to order those off ebay..."

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

That video is interesting to say the least. If you go frame by frame it shows the compound being hit by 5 different streaks coming through the roof, the last two within milliseconds of each other producing the large explosion in the end. I wonder if they hit it with different types of munitions to soften the structure so the bunker busters could drive deeper when dropped in tandem like that.
I think it is also impressive as hell that they hit that ISIS staging ground with 13-14 separate munitions, all impacting within 2 seconds and all of them stayed within the compound's border. That is some coordination if they were indeed dropped by F-18's as the Pentagon said they were.

edit on 24-9-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

From what I've heard these guys go town to town taking everything they can. If that happens to include a state office with com's equipment already hooked up .... well I'm sure we'd all be tempted to set up shop in there too. But agreed, what an easy target. Hardly any potential for collateral.

And I think they do a lot of the "mom's basement / grocery store" stuff too... but that's much harder to hit.

edit on 24-9-2014 by aholic because: addition

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join