It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are here some people with Polish roots?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I come from Poland and I am Polish. And I like listening what people in general think and talk about Polish people.

If you have Polish roots, please write, how do you look at Poland from the perspective of someone who lives in totally different country.

And what do you think, if there is something different from other nationalities that you see in your Polish friends or family?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hello my friend, nice to hear someone from Poland on here, I'm not anywhere near full polish being from the United States but my grandparents were polish and I still try to recreate the golumpkis and other delicious foods I'd wake up to on Sundays, really polish people are a great bunch and I'm proud to be part of it.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
In my experience polish people seem like the Italians of Northern Europe. Love food and family and maybe some vodka are what it's all about haha
!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnieWolf19

Well... I'm American, so I dunno, might have some Polish blood somewhere on down the line. Hmm...

I don't know, I guess I don't think about Poland much to be honest... not much reason too, then, I don't think about Luxembourg very often either.

One thing I know for sure about eastern Europe: you have some gorgeous women! I worked at a hotel in North Carolina that got "foreign exchange employees" and all the girls were just beautiful... I was smitten... lol...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm mostly Finn, but according to the DNA analysis, there are relatives in Poland. I can't track my ancestry very far back, seems that with all the warring in Finland some records were destroyed. Names were changed by the Swedes a lot also, and also they had three different ways they did recording of names in the country long ago....darn rulers the Swedes put in charge did what they wanted.

Oh well, I still know who I am. Hopefully it stays that way if I drink enough coffee.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Jak sie mász

I am Polish. My mom has relatives still living in Poland.
She had 10 brothers and sisters. They are very, very diverse. Some of my aunts, uncles and cousins are very happy,
always smiling and laughing, but a couple of them seem to suffer from depression.

One of my aunts (my mom's younger sister) has a genius level I.Q.
Her knowledge of history is incredible. When I was younger, she would visit and we would talk for hours.
She is without a doubt one of the neatest people I've ever known. I miss her! She lives in another state now,
and I only see her every couple years.

Na zdrowie!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Based on my own understanding as being an american polishman, Poland is a beautiful country and the polish people that I have known, including my own family, are naturally deeply spiritual people born with a strong inclination towards God/the Creator as well as vastly intelligent. I wish to visit Poland one day.

edit on 8-6-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pryed -eyed-one

So you like typical things, which are liked by other nationalities in Polish people

edit on 9-6-2014 by AnnieWolf19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Yes, it's very often heard in my coutry that Polish girls and probably as you said girls from Eastern Europe are beautiful

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I didn't realize that in DNA you can read, what are your roots in the case of nationality or what's nationality your ancestors were...wow it's amazing that you did that!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Witaj! Mam się dobrze, może nie zawsze...Thank you for sharing your story and I have to say that your family members are really different in their way of being. That's interesting to have such family, where someone always can suprise you by something and where you can get some essential knowledge from others.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: EviLCHiMP

You definitely pointed out some crucial things about Polish people and as you wrote it, you could see it in your family.
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnnieWolf19
a reply to: rickymouse

I didn't realize that in DNA you can read, what are your roots in the case of nationality or what's nationality your ancestors were...wow it's amazing that you did that!

It only cost seventy eight bucks each to have my wife and my DNA done at ancestry.com. I have 163 pages of people I am related somehow to and the wife only had like seventy six pages. She could trace her ancestors easier because she has more English and Swede in her. I am assuming because people that can trace their ancestors many generation can find there ancestors easier, they don't need to be getting DNA work done. Now, I have not found anything that can help me find out anything to help me with my quest from this.

Seems like when they were changing names they did a good job. My fathers family changed their name back to the real name after a while in this country, it was changed when when they came in here by the people who were in charge of emigration out of Finland I guess. They were changing people's names so they could confuse the issue is what I found from E-mailing someone in Finland who was working doing this kind of thing. They confused the issue so they could send out people who were banned from leaving, people who had done things that were not considered good in the past. They could have even got someone like hitler out of the country through this method if they wanted to. There were a lot of bad people from Europe that got to the USA this way. Shows you how deceit has been around for a long time. I am sure more than a few rich powerful tyrant leaders came to our country this way and became businessmen or politicians or mob leaders. It wasn't just limited to Finland, this was going on everywhere and probably still is.

I have a few good friends who are Polish. Up here we are in the same boat. How many Finns does it take to change a light bulb was just as popular as how many Polocks does it take to change a lightbulb. My favorite answer to this when I was young was "why do you need to change a lightbulb that works in the first place". Seems like people should have examined my answer in this country, we wouldn't be seventeen billion in debt.
edit on 9-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

join