It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of One Cycle:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I awoke in a strange land, on a strange craft. It was elegant, the aircraft I found myself in. It hummed with an ethereal vibration that I couldn’t place the source of. Not a common engine, but a great resonance of such beauty and majesty that I couldn’t help but rejoice. It was then that I realized I was not alone.

“Hello there. We were hoping to speak with someone like you. What is your name?” They looked like me, human in appearance, wise, haggard, a look of sorrow on their faces. They had rather dark olive complexion rather than that of my pale skin, but they were human beings.

“My name is Matt. Who are you? Is.. Is this the future?” It had to have been. The flying machine we kept aloft in was of such complexity that no one today would be capable of producing.

“No, Matt. It is not. If I told you the exact year in your own frame of reference of time, you would not believe me.” He looked frustrated, like he had done this a thousand times before to limited success, whatever that mission be.

“You’d be surprised what I’d be willing to believe. You brought me here, for one thing. Why would I doubt you on the year?”

“For one thing, we are transmitting to you during a dream state. For another, it is many eons in the past.” I wondered how it could be the past. The technology was unlike anything I had ever seen. Great majestic spheres held themselves aloft in the interior of the craft. They sung, dear God, they sung.

“That sound, it’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard. What is it?”

“It comes from those damnable things over there. They sure produce a racket. They’re gallium cored ener-…” He quickly stopped, kicking himself for mentioning it.

“Why’d you stop? If I’m the one from the future, what’s the big deal?” As I spoke, his face tensed up. He had made a mistake, apparently.

“The spheres are not important. What is important is that you managed to bring yourself here. Not many have the ability to see.” And what a sight it was to behold.

“The ability to see? Of course I can see, and this place is amazing. What is it?”

“You have an ability, a unique opportunity to see this vision of the end of our cycle. You should know that we are dying.” Cycle? What cycle did the man mean? And yet the spheres held my attention.

“Please, tell me how those things work. How the spheres produce such… Music.. I’ll listen to whatever you want to tell me afterwards. I just have to know.”

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
“Listen, you don’t know how important our message is. You need to hear what I’m trying to tell you now. If you really must know, the spheres are just energy generators. These damned things run on the same principles as the thing that caused the end of the cycle you see in front of you now. If no one knows about them in your time, there’s a good reason for that.”

“Just tell me what they run on, please. What do they do?” I asked and he sighed, gave in, just a little bit.

“Each of these spheres provide enough consistent energy to keep this craft powered and in the air for around three of your years. Of course the work load is spread between each of the spheres, so they can run pretty much indefinitely. But they can be weaponized. They have been weaponized, to be accurate.”

“Like a nuclear plant and an atom bomb?”

“No. Much worse. But you mean to tell me you’re from a cycle in which we’ve degenerated so far as resorting to cracking open atoms for power? Hah, I bet you folks still use hydrocarbons and petroleum if you’re resorting to using such low methods to power your society.”

“Sure, gas stations all over the place. But what the hell is this end of the cycle, anyways?”

“The end of the cycle is when it all goes back to the stone ages. My own ancestor from eons back was one of the rare few to survive cycle one. This moment in time you’ve seen, you needed to see it yourself, whether you know it or not. You’re seeing the end of cycle two.”

“But you’re telling me that the same spheres responsible for such abundant energy, such beautiful noise like birdsong, that’s what’s responsible for the end of your civilization?”

“You’re still obsessed with those goddamned spheres?!” He shouted, but I didn’t know why he had to be so rude. I guess since they were an everyday fact of life to him, he had grown used to it.

“I’m sorry sir. But this will change my society for the better. It could be the end of your civilization, but it could be the salvation of mine. Give me a chance, sir. Let me know how they work.”

“Not a chance. You’re here to receive a warning, information about the cycles. You keep talking about the spheres, you’ll wake up before you learn how to survive the end of your cycle. When I was young, my ancestor told me the same thing I’m trying to explain to you.”

“Suppose I try to figure out how to make one of those spheres myself?”
“Then you’re a fool.”

I rose from bed, and awoke.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grifter42

Very cool!

Is this an actual experience you had or is it pure fiction?

Either way, S&F for good writing.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

This is a dream I had. It was so vivid I had to write it down. This is as close as I could get to the dream while using words.

They're so much more beautiful, seeing them with my eyes.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sure... what did you eat before bed?
Umm and don't people usually wake than arise from the bed?
You arose then woke up.
edit on PM000000300000000662344302014-06-08T13:44:13-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

What's your point, lady?

All the man did was a share a freaking dream he had! He's not selling Jack, not asking anyone to believe anything, isn't saying his dream was prophetic or otherwise suggesting some far-flung reality. Does he think the dream was real? Don't know don't care.

So what, pray tell, purpose do you serve by arriving simply to attempt to dismantled his writing? What is the point? Gods, you people drive me batty with you constant attempts at debunkery, there's not even anything to debunk! He wrote a dream, why do you care?

Sorry.

[/rant]

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I share the frustration of the man that was talking to you. The spheres were a non issue, he was trying to give you a warning to pass on but you wouldn't get off of the damn spheres!
Guess we all are going to die now, at least you know they use spheres that make noises as a power source

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Interesting dream, OP. I would agree with the dream guy though, that the spheres were not important. They wouldnt be good for us here in this time, either. They would be used only for evil means and evil ends. Such is humanitys collective nature at this point in time.

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Sure... what did you eat before bed?

Im confused... are you trying to debunk that he had, perhaps call it, a "legitimate" dream?

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Umm and don't people usually wake than arise from the bed?
You arose then woke up.

Since we are being pedantic, thats not actually true. He said: "I rose from bed, and awoke.", and there is no edit signature. As youll note, "and" and "then" are two different words, and if youll check any standard dictionary, youll observe they are not synonymous. "And" may or may not imply that the events mentioned were in a linear time sequence, whereas "then" always does to some degree.

Also, you used "than" incorrectly in the unbolded text. You meant "then".

Just so you know.

edit on 6/8/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I concur..get off His case Lady! lol...

Star n flag for you OP for a very intrigueing and thoughtful post

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Cool, you have some writing skills!
Intriguing story, DARN THAT ENDING! I know there is a deeper meaning why it ended liked that, smart....(whether you planned this or not...)

Interesting side-note: The vagueness of them giving and refusing exact information about their origins (time, distance)...a TYPICAL thing you can read in many abduction stories. "Many eons" ----- from a scientific perspective of course... nonsense, it's like talking to a baby.

It's like those beings see us as total idiots which would not be capable of grasping something like "500 million years ago" or "2 billion light years away"...I wonder WHY this is an element so often seen in stories like that. I mean, you asked them...would a real answer REALLY been "non graspable"...or do they really think we're morons so they say "many eons" instead..or as a way to brush off someone's question with some vague, relatively meaningless reply? (Because they don't want to answer it)

edit on 6/8/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The main thing that stuck out to me was that they were a few billion years from our past yet they still referenced GOD.

Maybe not the same GOD that some humans worship though I guess...?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
The main thing that stuck out to me was that they were a few billion years from our past yet they still referenced GOD.

Maybe not the same GOD that some humans worship though I guess...?

One thing has to be remembered: this interaction was not a physical, verbal interaction. It was in a dream state, and in a dream state, the subconscious mind substitutes consciously known meanings for things that have no point of reference outside of the dream state.

In dreams, or OBEs, or trances, ideas and concepts are conveyed without language; they are conveyed in a pure form. The subconscious will translate those ideas and concepts into representative symbols for later usage. Those symbols can be words, images, etc. This happens in real time. But, those symbols are only approximations of what the idea or concept truly is; they are representative, not actual.

So when "goddamn" is said, I dont think it should be taken literally as an actual reference to whatever god a person reading this may or may not believe in, because its really a figure of speech rather than an attempt to actually invoke some deity into damning something.

"Goddamn" is symbolic of frustration, and I think it conveyed that idea quite well.

It really has nothing to do with an actual, or imaginary, god.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Great tale star for you just for enlivening my imagination. Is there any hint which cycle was the timetraveler originally from?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your experience.
S&F
I get dreams similar to these, with warnings, but mostly from the future, not the past. (Coming natural disasters, big explosions in the future, cities sinking, way ahead of my time, we're talking at least 200-500 years in the future,it's hard to estimate just by looking at the images/ landscapes shown to me,etc.)

One can never be too sure.. was it just a dream, or perhaps more?

Next time I'm having one of those dreams, I'll be more careful to watch my surroundings for energy generating spheres.

edit on 8/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

edit on 8/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Excellent writing ! Dreams sometimes feel more real than this reality. I don't know why.

Thanks for sharing. S&F.

P.S. If the dream reoccurs and the conversation you had continues, please keep us posted !

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonoftheSun

Dreams sometimes feel more real than this reality. I don't know why.

P.S. If the dream reoccurs and the conversation you had continues, please keep us posted !

I was walking along the beach one night, with friends, and had the distinct feeling I was asleep and dreaming, last week. But it was reality. Just a bizarre moment in it. I know how that feels.

And if it does occur, I'll try to write it up, but I don't want to go against the original design of the dream just to create a sequel. I mean, a couple nights before that, I was dreaming about working in a bottling plant. So most of the time, my dreams mean nothing. Just this time, it was peculiar. So peculiar and vivid I felt I had to write it down just because it interested me.

It was a dream that knew it was a dream. It wasn't lucid though. And to answer KarmaYogi, it wasn't a time-traveler I spoke to in the dream. It was his time frame, at the end of the second cycle, sort of frozen in time. They weren't aliens, more-so humans who were more intellectually advanced in different ways than us. It was my consciousness, my perception, or whatever word that eludes me at the moment, that went back and saw it. But it was a dream, of course.

About the portion when the man in the dream says "Goddamn it", I too count it as another feather in the "It was a dream" cap. But then again, I knew we weren't speaking English, they were speaking something entirely different. But they had a way to make me understand what they said, or "said", or "informed", or whatever the hell it was. It's a hard thing to convey in words. They used expressions, were very human, had bitter gallows humor. They weren't aliens. I don't think they were particularly religious. Maybe it was just how they decided to communicate an expression of frustration to me in words I'd understand.

And I did get the impression that they were looking down on us once I told them about how we lived in the modern day. Maybe they thought we'd be more advanced. Maybe they were disappointed that humanity hadn't changed as much as they'd hoped. Hopefully we have changed. Hopefully we won't see the end of a third cycle.

But that's just humoring the concept of the dream. If the this so called third cycle is about to end, why'd they contact me and not the President? I'm just some guy. I'm not about to start acting like some doomsayer.

But if I could have that dream again, I'd focus less on the spheres. I'd hear them out. Just to see if what they said made sense within the internal logic of the dream, or whether or not it was nonsensical and therefore would invalidate it. I want it to be invalidated. I don't want another of the cycles to end. I never figured out how to survive them according to the guy in the dream. It was a dream though.

It was just a dream. Dreams can't be real, or else I'd actually have that girl I'm in love with.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I kind of took it as these spheres, much like nuclear energy in our time, poisoned their environment, and ultimately led to their demise.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I had the same dream, with a few discrepancies. Find that all the time, here, isn't that funny, wierd…good, bad, I don't know. Maybe it's a question of assimilation….

anyway, in my dream there was some supposedly factual informaion about the actual ship, as the ship/plane was alive, itself, made of plasma energy…responding to whom was driving it and its crew, made that way, to do so, for the "masters." The thing is, that energy had to be culled and rearranged, so to speak, siphoned from somewhere else, alive, sentient, in order to provide a sentient energy to respond to the drivers….

anyhow, good and fascinating writing.
edit on 8-6-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
I kind of took it as these spheres, much like nuclear energy in our time, poisoned their environment, and ultimately led to their demise.

I really think they were wrong about the spheres though. Besides the fact that they were a dream, these were flawless as an energy source from what they did tell me. Sure, they were weaponizable but everything is weaponizable. They made mistakes, but who's to say we'd make the same ones they did?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grifter42

originally posted by: IamAbeliever

I really think they were wrong about the spheres though. Besides the fact that they were a dream, these were flawless as an energy source from what they did tell me. Sure, they were weaponizable but everything is weaponizable. They made mistakes, but who's to say we'd make the same ones they did?

What I'm saying, though, is they may have destroyed them because of how the energy represented there got transferred there….
tetra

top topics

<<   2 >>

join