It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get search results in date order ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I can't find a setting that allows me to get search results in date order, actually it seems that there is no way to control how the sorting is performed.

Is this correct, or is it me that is missing something ?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I second this, I don't understand why the results are only random and lack the ability to be date organized. It's not like it forgoes date order and spits forth the most relevant results, it's just a random jumble of returns.

Slightly OT, I'm also curious why my most recent searches have started out with a number of page returns, only to have them all disappear after clicking a page or two in to the results. It's not helpful to have 5 pages of returns, but only be able to view 2 before the rest disappear...
edit on 6/8/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Having the search results in date order would be very handy.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I don't even bother with it.

I use Google instead.

For example type this in Google:

How to get search results in date order site:www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread shows up as the first result.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
BTW, the above search also turns up an interesting comment from 2011:

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
The first step in our three-step plan to dominate the Internet by ensuring people can easily locate all the material being kept from them by the mainstream media is in place.

[insert maniacal laugh]

ASK.AboveTopSecret.com

Our vastly-improved search function has indexed more than five million distinct pages under the AboveTopSecret.com domain, and is ready for general use. The search results are vastly improved, and boolean search functions (finally) return to searching for content on ATS.

As the index fully cycles a second time, you'll also begin to see auto-complete begin to work for the more common/popular topics discussed on ATS. (yay!)

Phase two of search (requires an even deeper re-index and some additional code) will allow the prioritization of search results based on the date a thread was authored, the date of last reply, forum, flags, replies, and even member names. (Those factors can be searched now, but not yet used for prioritization of results.)

Phase three is top-secret.

Search ATS, sorted by 'Most Recent'?? can we?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Phase two of search (requires an even deeper re-index and some additional code) will allow the prioritization of search results based on the date a thread was authored, the date of last reply, forum, flags, replies, and even member names. (Those factors can be searched now, but not yet used for prioritization of results.)

If this was the plan as early as 2011, why has it not been implemented by now?
(or has it ?)

edit on 2014/6/8 by Torre because: Adjusted

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Please Help....

Is it possible to delete a thread you have created?

Sorry this may be the wrong thread to ask, However i didnt want to start a new thread just to ask this question.
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyaussi

PM me a link to the thread and I'll look at it.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
In google type site:www.abovetopsecret.com (plus whatever you want to search for) and enter then click search tool then select sorted by date

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Very strange, the old search engine was way better than what we have now. It had lots of features like being able to search only in a specific forum, or posts by a certain member.

top topics

join