It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philosophy of Aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Dmvr34

I have no idea of their intentions or motives. It is entirely possible IMHO that they are just visiting for a change of scenery.

But when humans do that they still have a measurable impact on the local environment and inhabitants even if they don't mean to. Of course we are not discussing humans, but beings whose existence I am not even sure I believe in.

As I said originally I am sitting back and watching the ideas fly around here because I have no personal experiences to draw upon. I did not immediately assume that they are here with ulterior motives - I merely said that is one possibility, another being that they are here to help. You have now offered a third possibility - that they are simply visiting.

To be honest, I really have no idea. Sorry if that sounds a bit of a cop out in refusing to participate but I don't believe I have anything to contribute to this argument. I am simply interested in what people have to say about this.

Mura

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Doesnt sound like a cop out at all, but simply a completely honest answer!
I also am not sure if i believe in aliens, hence the "if" in my post.
I just think that humans by nature always looks for a more "mysterious" motive instead of something as simple as i suggested.
It would be epic if they did though, would be a nice little "shake up" for the world.

Plus then me and you could ask the little green buggers why they come here

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Dmvr34

Lol, or we could open a tour guide company and spa resort for them

I do agree with you that sometimes things are more simple and less mysterious than they seem, and that us humans can drive ourselves into a frenzy of needless worry.

I am really enjoying the ideas flying around this thread, and perhaps it is laziness to not worry too much about the motives of aliens and not to prepare for the invasion, but - with apologies to other posters - until I am convinced that it is an issue I HAVE to be concerned about I will be saving my energy for other pursuits.

Cheers
Mura

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If aliens are real and they're peaceful, I'd ask them to get me the hell off this planet. Mankind for the most part isn't that bad, but the bad ones overshadow the good.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The original poster´s point of view seems right to me up to a certain point, however I´d like to add another possible reason for extra-terrestrial beings observing humanity instead of making full contact, while such beings could be a more advanced civilization and capable of visiting many worlds,the could still be as un-trusting of humanity as humanity is un-trusting of itself, maybe rather than waiting for humanity to reach a higher stage, said beings could be keeping humanity on watch so it won´t reach a status where it could pose a risk to their civilization.
This is just another way of seeing it, I believe both views are equally valid and I just added this point of view because I believe it should be taken into consideration as well.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cahumb

That is quite possible. Some of the alien theorists, especially those who keep focusing on the so-called abductions, often say they [the aliens] are demon like and a threat to humanity - I think otherwise; Human history speaks for itself and it is very possible that a peaceable race from other parts of the cosmos is afraid to make contact with the human species whose warlike and blood-thirsty history is a matter of historical record.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well, it is believed that the aliens and the government (especially that of the United States) have been working together for a very long time - I'm sure, that if this is the case, they have some sort of agreement where the aliens will not make contact with the general public.

I like to believe that last part isn't the case, because as a sort of religious view if you can call it as such, I believe that we, humans, were brought here by them. If there is a God, it's a colony of extraterrestrials, or perhaps even extra-dimensional beings.

IF, the government and the aliens do not know of one another entirely, do not have these agreements, etc... When and if the aliens every did make contact, it would be a war immediately. We are no fools and we all know how the American government and military work - If they don't like it, they're shooting it. It would destroy us as humans, if we can all agree that aliens are much more advanced than we are - And I think it would be ludicrous to believe that they are not.

My assumption though, is that, we were brought here by them - And the government is well aware. That's why the "men in black" as we call them always look strange - No eye brows, white lips, no wrinkles - Kind of like a reanimated corpse sometimes. No hair even, a lot of reports say. To me, that sounds far from human - So, if there are aliens and they are working with the government and our governments are working with them, they would be men in black, and whatever else we, the general public, are unaware of.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
Assuming you believe in the existence of other beings in the cosmos [aliens], and believe they have been covertly interacting with humans for quite some time now [maybe a long, long time] you might wonder why will they not make themselves known overtly - announce their presence to the world? I want you to consider the consequences of this action. Do humans trust each other on a global scale? NO, they do not and their bloody history of war and destruction is a matter of record. Now consider what would happen if one day an alien representative appears at the UN and says welcome. Now even if this alien gave a long speech on how they mean us no harm and are here to benefit Man, do you think that most people will believe it? - Probably not, and many problems will develop; Whereas many scientists and intellectuals will welcome their new alien friends, a good part of the population will not - paranoia is already rampant on the planet Earth - think what the appearance of a highly advanced superior race will cause. The problem is not currently Surmountable and the aliens for now will continue to observe, accumulate data, and occasionally may make isolated contact with certain select individuals. Yes, in this case of humans of the Planet Earth, the non-interference rule as depicted in the sci-fi epic Star Trek must be enforced. If Man were to evolve to a higher state showing signs of an advancing civilization, Aliens might then change their view of humanity and agree that direct contact is warranted.

-AlienView

After reading the many replies it becomes clear that your assessment is spot on the money!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thanks...It should be interesting.

I have listened to a guy that claims that some aliens are not aliens, but that they are us from 40,000 to 50,000 years into our future, and that they are returning to have an affect on their timeline by making changes to our time.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: waltwillis

I have listened to a guy that claims that some aliens are not aliens, but that they are us from 40,000 to 50,000 years into our future, and that they are returning to have an affect on their timeline by making changes to our time.

Lately I've started to think this is very possible - though exactly when from the future remains to be seen; Think about it, if aliens can travel fast enough to beat the speed of light then time travel becomes more than possible - it becomes probable. We all assume there is one time line that travels in a linear direction - In reality there may be many timelines and the direction of time that appears linear to humans may be a false assumption - Time appears to be moving in one direction but in fact.....

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: waltwillis

Lately I've started to think this is very possible - though exactly when from the future remains to be seen; Think about it, if aliens can travel fast enough to beat the speed of light then time travel becomes more than possible - it becomes probable. We all assume there is one time line that travels in a linear direction - In reality there may be many timelines and the direction of time that appears linear to humans may be a false assumption - Time appears to be moving in one direction but in fact.....

Yes, I got the idea from Jim Sparks and Andrew Basiago that said the same thing.
I am starting to think that time is not as we think.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: waltwillis

Just found this:

What if Time is not Linear?
OUT OF PLACE IN TIME AND SPACE
Author: Lamont Wood
Its quite possible that we are all familiar with stories of men and women who’s ideas and creations were ahead of their time, the same can be said about ancient artifacts or buildings that do not fit within the description of the knowledge and technologies of the time’s when they were created. Some of this examples are quite famous, like the Sphinx, pharaonic toy airplane, Archimede’s work, or various depictions of UFO’s in sacred paintings, yet there seem to be many more that we have probably never heard of, to the point that rather than an oddity in history, they are so prevalent that they can even be classified and differentiated.

out of place in time and spaceThis is exactly what Lamont Wood has done in his most recent work titled Out of Place in Time and Space. After reading this book, it begs the question: Is time really a linear sequence of events, or is it a more complex phenomenon of which we still have much to learn.

Maybe as Lamont Wood states; “it seems fair to say that human history can be viewed as a sort of ongoing experiment of the effects of the interaction of time (whatever it is) and the collective human consciousness.”

What you are about to read is a brief selection of some of the examples within the book, its classifications and some of the concluding reflections from the author.........

See whole article here:
www.superconsciousness.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hello

To answer what za world would LOok LIke had and if alien would sh--0w up would be distressing for a few. Yet the majority are conditione-d while they sleep to accept I n their sub-conscious that they be the saviours of( u-)man kind. The technologiKAL APPLE has already been eaten it be drip feed now of tekno machinery these days and for the near future! TO answer you title of topic "Philosophy" alien have no philosophy accept for food source soul and meat. How would alien explain the tampering of the human gG-ene pool, these would be questions put forth to a "civilisation' ((if you want to call there militia that)) if they arrived at Barack Obama's tainted garden of the White House... Their is no "non-interference" rule OP. They interfere DAIL-Y, HOURL-Y. You have to sleep sometime OP. Real MAN Real WOMAN are at a "higher state" OP alien is.Not.a.higher.state. Gray=hive mind. Reptillian=muscle. Human endeavour real human [not u-men] is higher state think about that OP. HIGHER STATE. The words. To succeed each day to breath. And to the next. If alien showed up. I would push for WAR, how could the US Brass Not, it be threat. [[they plan to show up above Iran, hit the Elohim FatherShip with a Nuke and then make a pact with the majority of world government and bring the whole pile of waste in]]. THEY CAN'T BETTER MANKIND in anyway, every alien is a threat to mankind real mankind (shifters take note, your days be numbered and edged in the line OF A verse/ READ Revelation of THE GOOD Book, shifter all you shifter's do is destroy the land with the dogma of PAA-Tal and the dreams of a Source, The Wise, The TRIUNE GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is the Source shifter, you learning yet, hard-headed? ) To the real reading don't let them get on your soul they probe you, they destroy the ego, the id, the mind, the spirit, the soul; ![[click click does this.]]! OP they have announ--ced themselves openly, look a the Pyramids the faces of birds etc. The truth is right in front of your eyes. 2012 happened. A lot died on Earth. Human minds obliterated. The indie--vidual source happened a chip was flicked on. Hence conditioning began. Since December 21st 2012. Suggestive thought, the controller sits on a throne of gold an island with walls with the corgy dogs get it, Mary. I enjoy a joust, Mary
ohh sovereign one. You haven't changed a bit since ._.o .......7 get it. Hearty laugh ensues. HA

In conclusion alien have no philosophy, just the gullible like David Wilcox buy up an sort of bent when it comes to philosophy. Ps David your not Edgar Cayce.

Take Care

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

a reply to: waltwillis

Just found this:

What if Time is not Linear?
OUT OF PLACE IN TIME AND SPACE
Author: Lamont Wood
Its quite possible that we are all familiar with stories of men and women who’s ideas and creations were ahead of their time, the same can be said about ancient artifacts or buildings that do not fit within the description of the knowledge and technologies of the time’s when they were created. Some of this examples are quite famous, like the Sphinx, pharaonic toy airplane, Archimede’s work, or various depictions of UFO’s in sacred paintings, yet there seem to be many more that we have probably never heard of, to the point that rather than an oddity in history, they are so prevalent that they can even be classified and differentiated.

out of place in time and spaceThis is exactly what Lamont Wood has done in his most recent work titled Out of Place in Time and Space. After reading this book, it begs the question: Is time really a linear sequence of events, or is it a more complex phenomenon of which we still have much to learn.

Maybe as Lamont Wood states; “it seems fair to say that human history can be viewed as a sort of ongoing experiment of the effects of the interaction of time (whatever it is) and the collective human consciousness.”

What you are about to read is a brief selection of some of the examples within the book, its classifications and some of the concluding reflections from the author.........

See whole article here:
www.superconsciousness.com...

A BIG THANKS!
That was a great read...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
heres a couple scenarios

Aliens (the ones who already control governments and orgs) will come here, will try to pretend fix things, but in a point they will request that the planet must be evacuated. So people who want, can move into their ships (for a reason). But they do need a genocide, so ww3 will come first.

that also fulfills their scripts.. its convenient.

Scenario 2 and more applicable. Since religious wars never stops and whatever they do to try stop it, new fanatic groups appear and expand, also we see a huge turn of extremist parties (far right political parties), that is not good for their one world order... So here comes the aliens (actors), that will try to bring justice and an end to these things, the so called governments who support one world order, will try to put an end (with the aliens) to those countries with lots of fanatics. Be able for the humanity to survive. So basically they will force west versus east in a genocide... (that also fulfills their scripts). Because even if America orchestrated an attack in China and Russia only for the debt, that does not help at all, their goals for one world order. They will create 100s of teams like ISIL all over the world, not be able to controlled. So they need something more vast, they need their uranian masters.

scenario 3, they will fake an alien invasion and all governments will unite be able to defend. They will massacre lots of populations and they will achieve much faster their one world government (but that does not fulfill in maximum their prophecies).

The end of it will be... Even if 1 of all these above scenarios happens, they play with fire. They allready recieved their final timeline to surrender. Their gods (aliens) will die *double death and or prisoners, transferred as slaves elsewhere/jails. A huge number of population/agents (hybrids for us) that they created, will experience double death, depends their crimes. The rest will be sterile's and when they die, their souls will be transferred in other solar systems, maintained there. That means, we wont see alien ships taking people, or killing people.. It will be like today, with different power controlling hummanity and with different rules and way of life. And this will keep up, till every single gen they left into this planet, will vanish. The other 2 generation of humans will be split in different solar systems and will be cleansed and or some corrupted will experience double death.

thats how I imagine it

The reason they need to take humans, because they are part of dragonian races and whatever other scum there is on this universe. They feed from people, so its a priority, to have plenty of food into their ships.

edit on 1-7-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

The reason they need to take humans, because they are part of dragonian races and whatever other scum there is on this universe. They feed from people, so its a priority, to have plenty of food into their ships.

Or maybe, just maybe they too have sensibilities and almost human like feelings, and they take pity on a race of beings [humans] so fearful of what is strange and alien that they can't make contact with them directly as humans like you would automatically see them as hostile. Truth is, aliens or not, the thing Man has to be most fearful of is himself - thousands of years of man's history prove this.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join