It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philosophy of Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Assuming you believe in the existence of other beings in the cosmos [aliens], and believe they have been covertly interacting with humans for quite some time now [maybe a long, long time] you might wonder why will they not make themselves known overtly - announce their presence to the world? I want you to consider the consequences of this action. Do humans trust each other on a global scale? NO, they do not and their bloody history of war and destruction is a matter of record. Now consider what would happen if one day an alien representative appears at the UN and says welcome. Now even if this alien gave a long speech on how they mean us no harm and are here to benefit Man, do you think that most people will believe it? - Probably not, and many problems will develop; Whereas many scientists and intellectuals will welcome their new alien friends, a good part of the population will not - paranoia is already rampant on the planet Earth - think what the appearance of a highly advanced superior race will cause. The problem is not currently Surmountable and the aliens for now will continue to observe, accumulate data, and occasionally may make isolated contact with certain select individuals. Yes, in this case of humans of the Planet Earth, the non-interference rule as depicted in the sci-fi epic Star Trek must be enforced. If Man were to evolve to a higher state showing signs of an advancing civilization, Aliens might then change their view of humanity and agree that direct contact is warranted.

-AlienView

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Hi AlienView. This is an interesting idea but I can help wondering about their motives......

Do they have what we humans would consider "good" intentions of integrating with us? Helping us out with new technologies and the ability to reach a higher level of spiritual awareness?

Or are they "bad" aliens, intent on destroying our population in order to harvest our planet resources (or even our mortal bodies) for their own ends?

As I don't know, never having chatted to one or being contacted by one I am interested to see what other people think.

Mura grabs popcorn and settles into a comfy chair to watch the debate.

Mura

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Just because we're paranoid, it doesn't mean aliens don't want to eat us.

Not that it matters if they do.

edit on 6/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Why do you assume that alien species are good and care about mankind on this planet?

I would say that if they are superior species (of course they are) and are far more advanced that we are.
We can serve them as slaves. There is nothing we can do.

Personally, I find these 2 possibilities plausible:

1. Alien invasion has already begun a long time ago. Within our own bodies, as our DNA seems to be alien-human hybrid...
So technically, yeah, ... we are them.

2. They came here a long time ago to mine gold or something. They left, taking everything, leaving nothing but small footprint a.k.a ancient monuments behind. But some of them are still here to observe us as their laboratory species.

The more I study this subject, the more convinced I am. They (Aliens, especially the Grays) are our breeders & engineers ... whilst we are their products.

edit on 8-6-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Yes, that is the point I'm trying to convey - A good part of the population would not trust them no matter what they said, and if they brought gifts of technology, etc., a good part of the population would still feel like the Indians taking some beads for the island of Manhattan, NY. And right you could not be sure of their intentions and in any case they would soon have control of the planet if they wanted even if they said they weren't interested in controlling the planet - The best thing they could do to avoid all the paranoia and chaos that would follow is stay out of sight and observe - hence the UFOs that can not be explained - Can you see them following the mythical non-interference directive from Star Trek?
If a super advanced alien race would suddenly appear ??? Problems - more problems than most of humanity could currently handle.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
There's another possibility as to why the aliens haven't "gone public".

Maybe they think they have.

We are smarter and more technically advanced than all animals on earth. Yet, there is no animal whose communication methods we fully understand.

This could be true of the aliens. Some contact experiences suggest it may be. As they seem confused by certain basic human concepts and ideas. The aliens that abducted Betty and Barney Hill were confused by the notion of false teeth.

If these aliens give a cursory look at our culture it might appear to them that they have made themselves publicly known. Images of them are everywhere. They're on book covers, toys, posters, and t-shirts. We've put them in countless movies and TV shows.

In fact, you would need a very sophisticated understanding of our language and culture to understanding why we'd do all those things, but also deny their existence.

Maybe the aliens don't understand our culture deeply enough to figure that out.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

If a super advanced alien race would suddenly appear ??? Problems - more problems than most of humanity could currently handle.

Yes. Being eaten is major hassle.

Your premise is that people are not ready (will we ever be?) to handle first contact. That ET is here and is observing us. That "disclosure" may result in widespread panic. I disagree. It is rational to have suspicions about motives however, if ET wanted to eat us, there is no reason for them to be subtle about it. Us silly humans are pushovers for bread and circuses, we would be easily convinced that our space brothers were beneficial, or at worst, benign. Cure all disease. Provide food for all. My brother!

edit on 6/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Possible, but not probable. I could see what you are saying, different mind set and paradigm of reality and they look at humans and find them most often 'illogical' - but I'm sure over time they would figure humanity out, at least as well as humanity has figured itself out and if the really wanted to be known they could do it directly and openly - But see what I'm saying? - Maybe they are doing humanity a favor by staying out of our face - at least for now.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

The funny thing is that the far superior super advanced alien race could wipe us out in a matter of hours.
The question therefore remains, why are we still here?
The only plausible answer is that we are the products of themselves they want to preserve.

In case they created us, they want to see us evolve without their help, as of course, we are their laboratory mice.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

The only plausible answer is that we are the products of themselves they want to preserve.

Assuming, of course, that they are here, why is that the only plausible answer?
Is it not plausible that they just don't really care a whole hell of a lot about what we do to ourselves?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Taking into account the bloody alien abductions and all the UFO sightseeings, I would say they might care a li'l itty-tiny bit 'bout us. But yeah, they observe us not because they CARE about us, in terms that they want to help us or so. They CARE about themselves it seems.

Basically, this is a long-time contract. If we accept the possibility that they MAYBE want to create a new race. They make a race, they watch it evolve without any intervention.
In case it evolves the wrong way = wipe out
In case it evolves the way they want = support

Oh, you see, we've survived the supposed '2012 apocalypse' - makes me think we are on the right way.
woohoo
edit on 8-6-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
My hypothetical point of view is that they are scientist first and control of the environment on a cosmic scale is the agenda. Why? Because I give human evolution a direction and assume [admittedly just an assumption] that evolution leads to ever expanding paradigms of control - We currently are only of casual interest and more than nuclear developments has gotten their attention - computers and man's expanded ability to manipulate larger and larger data is more important - Again the hypothesis when we reach a certain level of AI and computer development they communicate.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
a reply to: Moresby

Possible, but not probable. I could see what you are saying, different mind set and paradigm of reality and they look at humans and find them most often 'illogical' - but I'm sure over time they would figure humanity out, at least as well as humanity has figured itself out and if the really wanted to be known they could do it directly and openly - But see what I'm saying?

Why? Because that's what we would do.

We are a species that requires authorities to tell us what is true. Direct observation, even the testimony of others isn't enough for us. We need newspapers, we need wikipedia, books, governments, churches, scientists and so on.

That may not be true of their culture.

And, again, superiority doesn't mean complete understanding. They appear to be technological superior to us. But that doesn't mean they completely understand us. Or have the methods or mindsets to ever gain that understanding.

We don't even understand key parts of our own history, because of our limitations in understanding aspects of our own ancient languages.

And, again, you'd have to have a very deep understanding of our society to not think we accept the existence of aliens. They are inextricably woven into culture. There's almost nowhere where you can't find images of them. These images are public and generally greeted with good humor.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView

-AlienView

I want to play along. I think part of the caution or paranoia that will happen on humans part is seemingly partly the aliens fault. If they have been covertly interacting with our planet, to what extent?

Jokingly, all they would have to do is an sitcom, 'Keeping up with the Klingon's'. People would throw money over homeless people to fund # like that.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Excellent topic, AlienView. S&F for this courageous step forward. From my experience it is time for this new perspective.

With great respect i've read the first posts and like to add another view to the "humans as slaves" and "eaten by aliens" scenario.

The following is an extract of a telepathic contact i had with an ET on their view to humans.

Remark: The names "Sigilda" and "Zizita" are referring to the names of two ET entities, "Be's Bo" is the name the ETs ("Silgilda" belongs to) use to refer to as the entity we call "God" or "Creator". There was a separate "philosphical" discussion about the origin of all things where they described their view on this.

Here the part of the conversion:

[...]
Alfred: „I have a question on telepathy. Zizita mentioned that we humans combine “thinking” and “emotions” and this made her curious about us.“
Sigilda: „It is unusual to us, yes“
Alfred: „Are we an exception in comparison with other races?“
Sigilda: „You are unusual in many ways“
Sigilda:„Let me explain: …you breathe and are annoyed at the same time...“
(Sigilda often uses a word which apparently doesn’t exist in my vocabulary. My telepathic translating device came up with “annoyed”. Actually, she rather means “negative emotions” which also include “aggression”. I can sense this meaning emotionally).
Alfred: „Wait a moment, I have to write this down… You said we inhale and are annoyed at the same time???“
Sigilda: „It is unusual. Why are you annoyed, when you are inhaling that which is love?“
Alfred: „THIS IS IMPORTANT. Please let me repeat it. I would like to get back to this later:“
Alfred: „It is unusual that we are annoyed while at the same time we inhale what Creation is giving us, a part of Himself, of B‘es Bo?“
Sigilda: „Yes, it is. Everything is Be‘s Bo, everything surrounding you…And you do not love yourselves“

She exuded a very complex feeling of non-comprehension, wistfulness and sadness. It overwhelmed me. Tears ran down my cheeks - a very touching moment!

Alfred: „Many, many thanks, Sigilda“
[moved]
Alfred: „This is wonderful… It is a mirror you are showing us…“
Alfred: „We will all help to change this…“
Sigilda: „Love radiates from your heart…“ [confirming]

Thanks again for this thread
Alfred
edit on 8/6/2014 by Alfred2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
[Post removed by poster for reasons only his alien mind can comprehend]

edit on 8-6-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Alfred2012

Thanks again for this thread
Alfred

Thanks for posting on it Alfred2012, your comments are most interesting and welcome. Maybe it is my alien view and alien soul that seeks a superior mind set to that of the limited normal human consciousness

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

They are helping a few individuals to change the whole "grid"...It only takes app. 200 000 People being TOTALLY ready for contact....

(morphogenetic expansion will follow because positivity/openness is integrative.)

We are really close... 2015 -2017 science will know that ET exists..We will find it out by ourselves.
This will come true. Just wait.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
On the general question of our readiness for contact with extraterrestrials, I am reminded of the question: Does a nine month old fetus feel itself ready to be born, thrust out into a cold, bright, noisy world, its needs attended to much less efficiently than heretofore? The answer is pretty obviously 'no'. From a larger perspective, it is indeed time for the child to be born. Most of that child's mental, social, and spiritual development must occur only after it is thrust into the larger world.
The original post seems to suggest a rather passive attitude on the part of visiting extraterrestrials toward our development as a species. I suggest the possibility that we are being actively, if subtly, prepared for contact. This could be the reason behind the preoccupation of our culture with ideas, stories, and images of ETs. Given our tendency to fear and fight whatever is strange to us, this would have been a fairly lengthy process.
If their goal had been to raid our planet for resources and/or to enslave us, it would seem reasonable that this would have been done long ago. There is a sound scientific basis for believing that there has been much more than ample time for star-faring civilizations to arise and fill the galaxy.
It seems unlikely that we were created by extraterrestrials, given the fact that our genetic pattern shares a great deal with the rest of the life on this planet. Genetically, we differ from our nearest relative species no more than any two other closely allied species which presumable arose naturally.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Direct contact will never be their agenda because they are here already...we ignore all available evidence of them being and having been here...and have ignored them for thousands of years.

Think about that and a super advanced civilization performing interstellar and dimensional travel sitting on some foreign planet...just like we are now sitting up on Mars.

Would we be yelling at the ants all scurrying around killing and abusing themselves for stupid reasons? No....just wait it out. They know we're there...and they ignore the evidence. And don't care.

You think et's here on Earth want to help some species that proves on a daily basis we don't want help, we don't care..while that we continue on our destructive path.

Think about it...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join