It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian mining company says “NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
S&F and bump ... Seeing we live at a time where we have the means to bypass MSM and get results through social media ,that is where to take the fight .We have facebook and other alternate news sources .wattsupwiththat.com... is a good one with a big crowed . If you find the appropriate thread you can drop a comment and someone will surely pick it up .Try searching for anti-canadian mining sites .There are some Canadian politicians that might be worth appealing to in some fashion. Last but not least is First Nations groups .As well as Natives being very concerned with the environment they have some power still to hold corporations accountable and even stop them .

Best of luck and I will try and pass on a link to this thread ....peace

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
terrorism[ ter-uh-riz-uhm ]

noun

1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

The state and gov silence is deafening and speaks louder than any violent action ever could; and I feel it a direct betrayal of civic and ecological duty.

Just gonna leave it at that

quote]originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Ilovemygreatdanes
Terrorism implies violence.
I said you do not seem to be a terrorist.

It's just the dictionary, not hard

edit on 8-6-2014 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Many people near the mining site HAVE taken action. They have written their congressmen and state officials with zero response. They won't listen. I do not live on the west cost but have heard about the open pit cynaide through other sources and am trying to help spread the word to get more voices involved. We can't be ignored forever. They can't just rape the land and then leave it soiled and ruined and then leave. commonwealthmine.org...
commonwealth-mine-project/
This is a pro mining comment from the media in the area. If anyone tries to leave a comment opposing the mine it will never be published.
Several concerns have been expressed regarding a resumption of mining at the Commonwealth Mine in Pearce, AZ. Environmental damage that was allowed to occur from mining activities in the past will simply not happen today because of the many and complex regulations that every mining company must follow. The mined lands will be reclaimed, it will not damage surface or groundwater and the company will likely be required to post a bond that will cover the reclamation costs if the company declares bankruptcy. Most of the negative aspects of mining activity are forbidden today by both State and federal regulations. www.willcoxrangenews.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Arrogant AND OVERBEARING YANKEES RAPE THE THIRD WORLD (INCLUDING Canada)......Then cry foul when its their turn to bend over......It was all fun and Games when you all came to my country and impoverished it.....

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is mining land dating back to the 1890s.

They have under law more rights to use the land then anyone who came later. (1872 mining law)

I worked as a Cyanide leach pad operator for Glamis Gold Corp and for Canyon Resources Corp as a leach pad mill operator back in the 1980s and the amount of Cyanide in solution is so little you would have to drink over 10 gal at one time to even get sick.
We had ducks swimming around in our ponds.

These pads are built over a 60 mil plastic liner that collects the leach solution and its run over carbon or zinc before its recycled over the pad again. any leaks are money lost.

We had to add Cyanide daily because Cyanide breaks down under sunlight and heat.
all these leach operation are inspected by OSHA. MSHA,EPA and state safety and pollution control agencies.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Arrogant AND OVERBEARING YANKEES RAPE THE THIRD WORLD (INCLUDING Canada)......Then cry foinul when its their turn to bend over......It was all fun and Games when you all came to my country and impoverished it.....

Exactly my thoughts. Karma is a B and I think it might be our turn

"What!? Ten dollars for *that* tee-shirt? No way, over priced".

When a society says that as a whole (just an example) we collectively put an unsustainable burden on third worlds and developing countries. Some of which aren't looking so "third-y" anymore...
Hmm maybe maybe, North America sure does have some astounding natural resources. Imagine all of that ripe for the taking and nearly unregulated if we don't start paying back the countries we owe debts. Pay up one way or another after awhile. They will get fed up, especially as our economy continues to decline.

All good things must come to an end and such

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ilovemygreatdanes
Just incase cause you lead me to believe the MSM has gotten to you as to what the definition of a terrorist is:

ter·ror·ist

ˈterərist/

noun

a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims.

a reply to: Phage

First of all who said anything about violence? Pump the brakes there buddy. You insult me. Taking matters into your own hands in no way emplys violence in this context. Sad you jump to such barbaric conclusions about your fellow man so quickly.

Actually, Phage never called you a terrorist - you rhetorically (I hope!) asked that of yourself.

Any by definition, a terrorist IS barbaric. That's what a terrorist is - someone who attempts to achieve a particular aim through the use of terror and fear. That is barbaric in this day in age.

No one jumped to any conclusions and no one but you implied you were a terrorist. But yes, terrorism and those who perpetuate it, in all circumstances, are barbaric, pathetic and above all - weak. Weak to the core because they do not have the ability to pursue their aim through non-terrorism ways.

Shame.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ilovemygreatdanes

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I rhetorically asked that of the federal government, and regret not making that more clear **end sarcasm**

I did not say he called me anything. The reason I even brought up the word terrorism at all is because that is what is happening from the top down- IT'S TERRORISM. It's gotten to the point where everything is so backwards and the reality is distorted so much that if I stand up and make and stand, write a post, buy a gun, have an original thought, want basic American freedom's, fresh water...That "I" as in "we" now fall under the new world definition of "terrorists"

That is all I was saying

And yes I agree who ever "these" people truly are, are weak. (Hey now I really sound like a crazy for the day rad!!)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is disgusting. Hope the people win and shut down this from ever lifting off the ground.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It does sound like a problem with water usage. I bet if they put their heads together they could find a way to import water from up north there. How about a big long pipeline from Lake Winnipeg down to their mine?

edit on 9-6-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

edit on 9-6-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: another typo

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Where do I invest?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join