It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian mining company says “NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Canadian mining company is starting a cyanide mining pit in Pearce, AZ. There's a small town close to the mine yet they say it's barren land. There is an elementary school right across the street!!! They are admitting to the dangerous effects of the project but then state “NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"
commonwealthmine.org... -pearce-arizona/
The people of this small town have tried to contact their governor with no response.
They have also contacted thee senator John McCain. With no response as well.
Please help me get more people involved and spread the word. These greedy corporations have got to stop ignoring us. They can't continue to rape our land of it resources and leave behind their toxic filth for our future generations.
commonwealthmine.org...
edit on 6/8/2014 by concerned190 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Fixed the link

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: concerned190

They are admitting to the dangerous effects of the project but then state “NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

That would be because the deal has not been finalized. It is subject to regulatory authorization.

Closing of the Transaction is subject to a number of conditions and approvals, which include completion of the Financing on acceptable terms; the execution of a definitive agreement; approval of the respective shareholders of Delta Gold and Commonwealth Silver; court approval (if the Transaction is effected by way of plan of arrangement); and the approval of all relevant regulatory authorities and third parties including the Toronto Stock Exchange (the "TSX") or the TSX-V, as the case may be.There can be no assurance that the Transaction or the Financing will be completed as proposed or at all. The Agreement provides for termination rights, including in the event the Transaction is not completed by July 31, 2014.
www.marketwired.com... 02942.htm

They are looking for investors. Wanna chance it?

edit on 6/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This really sucks. It's doubtful that anyone will be able to do anything about it either. You got to have money, and small towns just don't have money, and those who do have money know it's smarter to just leave than to tango with Gov.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I notice that the disclaimer is not uncommon in Canadian business.

There are one, two and [url=http://www.cnsx.ca/cmsAssets/docs/Filings/2014/2014_06_04_19_22_55_GSF_GSF_Announces_Closing_On_First_Tranche_of_Private_Placement.pdf]three[/url ] within a quick internet search.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I live in cochise county.

Number one concern is truly our water table. It's a constant fight to not let private interests tap into the San pedro river. The one and only source of (sometimes) fresh running water really. It's also one of the very few riparian areas in the whole southern half of the state. Migrating birds of unimaginable variety and diversity use this precious land and further decline in it will have a direct and sorrowful impact on an already delicate high desert environment.

Fort Huachuca already has some of the most strict water usage rules. Times of day, pools, on and on..
What
And also boooo open pit mining

Eta: oh not to mention US! Will be fun when the shtf, bet I'll be real thirsty lol. Already planning though ^^;

edit on 8-6-2014 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Canada’s current corporate social responsibility framework for mining companies is voluntary and does not include legally binding regulations or means of filing legal complaints in Canada by non-Canadians. Instead, (often unstable) local governments are held responsible for legal redress rather than the Canadian-owned mining companies themselves. The Canadian government maintains that current voluntary standards are sufficient and legal ones are unnecessary, while reports of abuses by Canadian mining companies continue to emerge.
fairwhistleblower.ca...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
That article is not about mining interests in Canada.

Are you saying that regulations in Canada are voluntary? Interesting.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hall Stewart board of directors for mining project response for people against the mining.
made a comment to the Willcox Range News that has drawn considerable criticism and for this I apologize. However, I would like to clarify that the saline soils associated with the Willcox Playa and the arid conditions of the Sulphur Springs Valley do support my comment
m.willcoxrangenews.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
The mining companies are Canadian and are mining outside if Canada. But non Canadians cannot file legal complaints.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Why do you not address the fact that this is an awful thing for the (MY) county? I understand that this obviously does not directly affect you what-so-ever. I get it. No empathy. Just business. I mean, this is phage here. (Yeah long time lurker, I see right through you).

But you do really REALLY understand this is yet ANOTHER wreched death cry of our nation; right? Other countries are quickly and efficiently cashing in... AND I AM LITERALLY GOING TO BE THE PERSON PAYING FOR IT WITH MY QUALITY OF LIFE.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ilovemygreatdanes

Why do you not adress the fact that this is an awful thing for the (MY) county?

Mostly because, until the deal passes through the regulatory process, it's moot.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
If you try to post a comment against the mining project it will NEVER show up on this page. www.willcoxrangenews.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: concerned190
The mining companies are Canadian and are mining outside if Canada. But non Canadians cannot file legal complaints.

But this deal involves mining in Canada and is thus restricted by Canadian mining (and trade) regulation. Not much of which is voluntary.

While it may be good reason to start protesting, it is sort of silly to arm wave about the "not for distribution in the US" clause which is nothing but boilerplate and since US citizens cant' actually do anything about it anyway.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Stewart believes the process is advancing to the point where they can soon begin an application to Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) for an Aquifer Protection Permit (APP) that would ultimately allow them to pump 3,000 gallons per minute of water for eight and a half years and hopefully more. The process plant will circulate 3.000 gallons per minute, but groundwater pumping will only be 15 to 20 percent of this volume to make up for the water lost to evaporation (450 to 600 gallons per minute).
Local property owner Lynn Haber, who describes herself as having lived “on and off in Pearce since 1997,” talked about her observations over the years.“I have watched the water tables decline. I spent many days horseback riding up in the Cochise Stronghold. I have witnessed the Stronghold tanks going dry and not refilling. The Cochise Spring has gone dry for good. I have watched the huge oak trees wither and die over time because their roots can no longer reach the deepening water table.”She noted that in the company’s technical data report “shows on their included map that the nearest town is Willcox. It does not even show us – Pearce – on the map. It pretends we do not exist.”
www.willcoxrangenews.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: concerned190

While it may be good reason to start protesting, it is sort of silly to arm wave about the "not for distribution in the US" clause which is nothing but boilerplate and since US citizens cant' actually do anything about it anyway.

The fact you say we "can't actually do anything about it" (and so nonchalantly ta' boot) makes me want to "actually" do A LOT more than wave my hands in the air. And that isn't silly. This is my state and I do not care who, or how or why they are anymore. GTFO of my backyard. The fact these deals are as far along as they are, and as you have so bluntly stated we have no voice in the matter, doesn't really lead me to believe this is going to end well for anyone who is not invested in it. Fight and lose has been the name of the game against corporations. So I'm gonna go ahead and deny ignorance on this one.

I feel like they are just pushing us into taking matters into our own hands. Kinda like ya know, freedom. But we all know how that unds up with the way things are now. Guess ill just start calling myself a terrorist now (come at meh nsa).

Even though the thought of my country, state and county being totally corrupt and ripping apart at the seams to show it's totalitarian stuffing.

Even though I am "terrified" for my future.

I am the terrorist?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Sorry, am I being an idiot?

Cyanide mining? Since when do you mine for cyanide?

EDIT: ahh, I see, it's actually a Gold mine....

The OP said "cyanide mining pit", which confused me.....

edit on 8/6/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

The fact you say we "can't actually do anything about it" (and so nonchalantly ta' boot) makes me want to "actually" do A LOT more than wave my hands in the air.
So...do something. Talk to the regulators. Talk to the shareholders. You act like it's a done deal.

The fact these deals are as far along as they are, and as you have so bluntly stated we have no voice in the matter, doesn't really lead me to believe this is going to end well for anyone who is not invested in it.
Ok. Roll over dead then.

I feel like they are just pushing us into taking matters into our own hands.
Make up your mind.

I am the terrorist?
You don't seem to be but do you think violence will really accomplish anything?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Just incase cause you lead me to believe the MSM has gotten to you as to what the definition of a terrorist is:

ter·ror·ist

ˈterərist/

noun

a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims.

synonyms:extremist, fanatic.

They are extremely fanatical about stealing what is ours.

First of all who said anything about violence? Pump the brakes there buddy. You insult me. Taking matters into your own hands in no way emplys violence in this context. Sad you jump to such barbaric conclusions about your fellow man so quickly. We are all in this together, I don't understand how you can debate tooth and nail about such huge and subjective matters so easily.

I have written. And written.. my state congressmen. You would be ASTOUNDED as to the responses I received! Get this, had one have an automated response about a week later, and heard ziltch from the others. Figured that would be a good start. It was too; cause now I know they are worthless. Evil just as much as the entities I loath.

So don't you worry about me. I'll be figuring out what the next REAL step is. No violence included!

edit on 8-6-2014 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: stoopid phone

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Terrorism implies violence.
I said you do not seem to be a terrorist.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join