It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have to drink to sleep. So kill me!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't trust prescription drugs when it comes to sleep. Their long term efficacy is something I don't trust.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I'm a nurse not a doctor, buy I would hazard a guess that morphine and/or diclofenac potassium would sort out your dilemma.

Alcohol isn't a sensible option to relieve pain and a bottle of wine every day is too much.

That's around 50 or 60 units a week and there's no way you are going to escape unscathed.

Your liver enzymes might be okay at present but you will slowly develop fatty liver; then the enzymes will shoot up.

If you continue, next stop cirrhosis.

Not a pretty death that; you go insane because your liver can't purify the blood, then you enter a coma.

Might not be until your 70s but you would die horribly and without help, because you'd be too old to justify having a transplant.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My liver enzymes aren't "okay". They are at an excellent level. Four years ago when I adopted a superb diet in order to avoid going on statins, my liver enzymes were then "okay". I have the two test results on two sheets on the coffee table in front of me. Due to the ultra healthy diet, and despite drinking a bottle of wine every evening, my "okay" liver enzymes at the age of 60 are now truly excellent (very low levels) at the age of 64. If my liver is going to develop cirrhosis, it better start reversing it's ultra healthy direction.

Drinking kills many people every year, but the minimum suggested amount of alcohol by health authorities is too stringent (280 milliliters of wine a day, less than half a bottle) , and if you can adhere to a specific amount of alcohol consumption over time (750 milliters of wine a day is the upper limit, in my opinion), and not have the amount gradually creep up, then you will be fine, like I am. But that is only if you maintain an excellent diet, which most people, and particularly drinkers, usually fail to do.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

You really believe that doing 50 or 60 units of alcohol every week isn't going to harm you?

Jesus, what's the point?

I'm out of this one.

I'm done.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I don't trust the medical establishment. Big pharma is their master. Healthy food is a nutrition bomb. It is the key to long term health. Prescription drugs are not the answer to long term health. Quite the opposite.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join