It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have to drink to sleep. So kill me!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Am 71 no problem sleeping on my back or any other position ..
If you can find an asian market there see if they have either woodlock oil or siangapure oil both work well to relieve the soreness ..

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
The reason I have to drink in order to sleep is because my joints are sore. I haven't been able to sleep on my back for many years. People over 50 ... can you sleep on your back? I think not. Sleeping on my stomach was never an option.

So that leaves sleeping on my two sides, alternating. It worked for many years. But then the right hip became chronically sore. Several years later, my left shoulder joined the sore hip in chronic soreness.

So now, in order to get to sleep in less than 3 hours, I drink a bottle of wine in the evening before bed. So kill me!

Strange thing is that my liver is very healthy despite my drinking WAY more than the measly less than a half a bottle of wine males are supposedly allowed to drink every day (my liver enzyme levels on the blood test my doctor recently ordered are VERY good). There are two reasons for this in my opinion.

Reason one. The max safe alcohol limit for males and females is way too strict.
Reason two. I eat a very healthy diet. My liver enjoys the fact that the only challenge I send its way is alcohol in the evening before bed, and it probably is enhanced by nutrients in my very healthy diet.

Don't misunderstand what I am saying. More than a bottle of wine a day is asking too much of your liver.

Share your bullet with me?

Fire

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I went homeless in america as a natural born citizen my family more or less lost the farm to taxes and I became a homeless war vet of 6 years with 5 tours as a grunt. life and any politco ass has not helped me. pills dont help me. alcohol dont help me. tp be honest I think I watch cultural suicide everyday, nothing anyone can do to me that really hasnt already been violated, I feel for those that still get shocked.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Am 71 no problem sleeping on my back or any other position ..
If you can find an asian market there see if they have either woodlock oil or siangapure oil both work well to relieve the soreness ..

oHHHH - I didn't know about those two. Where do you find them - Chinese apothocary?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd yes most chinese apothecaries should stock them or will have similar .. also a little bit goes a long way when use them they work fast also good for sore muscles after exercise

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

With the degree of soreness in my joints, tea, tumeric, advil aren't going to do the job.

Could I repeat a message I thought I expressed in my first post. According to the blood work my doctor ordered, I am extremely healthy for a 64 year old male. My liver enzymes are extremely low. My HLD level, the so-called good cholesterol, is EXTREMELY high. My blood pressure is excellent. 115 over 75. My resting pulse rate is 65.

I'm very healthy for my age. I exercise, I eat very healthy, I drink a bottle of wine every evening before bed in order to sleep.

You're very healthy other than the pain that "forces" you to drink a bottle of vino every night.

Why exactly did you post your story? You must have known it would bring criticism. What did you expect? Applause?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Can't smoke anymore, I get panic attacks and sleep waaay too long, lol.

I've been in construction for 15 years or so, I have to have at least two beers or a strong cocktail to help enduce sleep or I'm up awake in pain till midnight. But my crutch gets Zzzzzz's around 9 after dinner and a shower. Ambien is too strong and melentonin? ... Doesn't help either.

BTW, WTF about vertical sleeping? How is that even possible?
edit on 8-6-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jun 8 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

All I can recommend is trying Mephenoxalone + Zolpidem.
Mephenoxalone (Dorsiflex) is a muscle relaxant and helps to treat chronic joint pains.
en.wikipedia.org...
Zolpidem (Ambiem, Stilnox...) is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic for the treatment of insomnia.
en.wikipedia.org...

Zolpidem would be very effective in initiating sleep and Mephenoxalone would probably keep your sceletal muscles relaxed.

Someone here stated that you should try 5-HTP.
5-Hydroxytryptophan is basically a natural serotonin. However, I would be careful with that as you may cause yourself a sort of serotonin overdose pretty easily. And that is really unpleasant.

Otherwise you can try some natural medicine as some guys already pointed out.
edit on 8-6-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Why exactly did you post your story? You must have known it would bring criticism. What did you expect? Applause?

Umm, yes - what Moresby said. It seems, having read the whole post from the beginning that you are rejecting other solutions outright - have you even tried them?

(Sorry, I am in the camp that believes alcohol is not a solution to problems, due to personal experience, not of drinking too much myself, but of seeing someone else do it)

Mura

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I went homeless in america as a natural born citizen my family more or less lost the farm to taxes and I became a homeless war vet of 6 years with 5 tours as a grunt. life and any politco ass has not helped me. pills dont help me. alcohol dont help me. tp be honest I think I watch cultural suicide everyday, nothing anyone can do to me that really hasnt already been violated, I feel for those that still get shocked.

Hooah..

Fire

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56
Not fully sure but I believe speak of using controlled substances is against the T$C here on ATS.
Maybe a mod could chime in.
I do wish you the best, and maybe you could try some other medicine, maybe something made by the goddess.
On ATS I call it Voldermort, that which must NOT be named!

edit on 8-6-2014 by g146541 because: grammer aeror

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I work 13-14 hours a day, for 4 weeks at a time, having one week off. I drink for about 3-4 hours afterwards every night. I don't eat during the day, only dinner time and that's often optional. However, I work a very physical job and feel as strong and healthy now as I did when I was twenty five (now 37). I look about 72 in the shade. It's a crazy world, I say enjoy your wine and get a good nights sleep, it's your body and a bottle of wine a night won't be the death of you. At that rate old age will. I prescribe an extra glass on fridays and saturdays to promote a sleep in :-)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Attention!!!!

Posts discussing personal use are not allowed:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, ..... You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
^^^ Yeah, that. Passing out isn't sleep. To the OP ... I hope things work out for you. See your doctor about the situation . Good luck to you.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
[snip]

Its really a mental thing. Just learn to meditate. It will get you right in other ways.

Good luck!

edit on 6 8 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

(post by Fylgje removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
For those that post anti alcohol solutions

For your information, according to chemistry:
Alcohol is a solution

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yes, the wine allows me to sleep, and sleep is essential. But I also enjoy wine for wine's sake.
The amount I drink hasn't increased for the past number of years which I believe is not the usual alcoholic pattern.

If I said I for some reason was consuming junk food to alleviate pain, would I be criticized in the same way? I think not.

But with the course I have chosen, I have VERY healthy liver enzymes, VERY low blood pressure, and VERY high HDL cholesterol level. I also exercise on a regular basis. These are the facts for me. An extremely healthy diet is the key. My diet consists of a plant based diet, some fruit, a limited amount of whole grains, no junk or processed food. I am VERY healthy for a 64 year old male.

I guess most drinkers don't have an ultra healthy diet, but I do. Hopefully I'm not unique in this approach.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Saying careful with the natural stuff but recommend ambien?
Ambien is a hell if a drug.... should look up some of the horror stories

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Necrose

Saying careful with the natural stuff but recommend ambien?
Ambien is a hell if a drug.... should look up some of the horror stories

I take it almost every day as I have a sort of insomnia myself.
No problems, at all.
Love it ^_^

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join