It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracked a metatarsal and strained ligaments in my ankle...any advice?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I turned my ankle twice in two years, the first time tripping on some steps, the second time (when I also broke a metatarsal) getting up from reading a book to answer the phone.

On the first occasion, I was advised to rest as much as possible - it took two months to get back to walking normally.

Second time around, the doctor told me to put as much weight on the foot as I could straight away, and insisted I hobble away from the hospital without crutches. It was bloody painful at first, but it healed really quickly - I was fully mobile within a couple of weeks and didn't feel anything like as sorry for myself.

Obviously that's just what worked for me. I'm not a doctor, so this isn't medical advice! Hope you feel better soon.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Well, I just finally had a knowledgeable physical therapist look at me and in 30 seconds asked if I had ever hurt my foot. He showed me how raising my arch twisted the tibia and fibula. So physical therapy it was, along with some inserts.

Since then its been getting better and better. I went near 20 years asking WTF and it took 30 seconds from somebody who knew what they were doing. Those people are so far and few between.

As for your story, it's kinda sad, but I've heard it once myself. My girlfriend said a coworker slipped and fell walking into work. This lady was pregnant at the time. Even as she lay there crying in the parking lot, people who'd seen her fall continued to walk right by. Even other employees.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join