It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Get rid of the #ing annoying Jeep ad that pops up every #ing time you open a thread. It has been up for WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me want to buy a Chevy instead because I am so sick of that god damn thing!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Fizzixist

Hey, I was doing some shopping for the girlfriend and I get ads for Frederick's of Hollywood among other things...I'm not going to complain

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I don't get it at all. Not on any of 4 devices. Not everyone does, as its obviously effecting you. Certainly not everyone.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
PS So don't go after this SITE...something is in your browser, device settings...otherwise we all would have it. And we don't...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Those ads are targeting you because your internet history is being tracked. It is nothing more than targeted advertising. I suggest you research ways of keeping your searches private.

It is really your problem to solve.

P

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fizzixist
Get rid of the #ing annoying Jeep ad that pops up every #ing time you open a thread. It has been up for WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me want to buy a Chevy instead because I am so sick of that god damn thing!

I think you have the conduit malware issue. It reads your cookies then displays ads based on where and what you shop. Which tells me shopping at Victoria's Secret would be the better choice for you.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

ad that pops up every #ing time you open a thread

Post more. The ads go away when you reach a certain count.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Improvisation is key bro!

(post by Antipathy17 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

It's only targeting us because we're manly superstuds. I take it as an annoying compliment.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Go hunt around on the net for something you WOULD like to see advertised. Problem solved.

I have a friend who makes it a game by posting a new country every day for his 'where I live' section on FB. He enjoys the travelogue ads that come up from Romania today, Egypt tomorrow, Argentina next day... Screw with the NSA's Hydra-heads, it's fun.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Those ads are targeting you because your internet history is being tracked. It is nothing more than targeted advertising. I suggest you research ways of keeping your searches private.

#1 Not all adverts are targeted.
#2 Tracking is not limited to what you put into a search engine :
you can be tracked from the sites you browse, see ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

Tracking is not limited to what you put into a search engine : you can be tracked from the sites you browse, see ...

You take the term 'Internet history' way too narrowly. Not everyone speaks Microsoft as a second language. Think rather in terms of your footprints all over the internet. Hope that helps you.

P

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Never seen this jeep ad yet. I'm curious about it now. Sounds annoying.

Perhaps they should rotate the ads
I think it depends on other websites you view though. I get Victoria sSecret ads. ( I shop there online sometimes).

However I keep getting the stupid belly fat ad or whatever it is.

(post by skyblueworld removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
They irritate you??
Good, that means it worked!!
The object is to make you remember them good or bad.
You remember the name is all that matters.
Pretty underhanded ehh?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Please post your ad concerns here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

THREAD CLOSED

top topics

join