It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need real life ATSNN reporters!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
So when are we going to stop copying news from other websites and start posting our own news right from where it is happening?

Not like on CNN, having 1000 reporters all over the globe, but like regular ATS members reporting important news from around their area. Maybe someone could attend a Bush rally and report what he spoke or an anti-war rally.

We are now a very big forum board, why not become a very big news source?

This way we will get more respect than what conspiracy boards usually get.

EDIT: New title.

Surf

[edit on 11/30/2004 by surfup]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
So when are we going to stop copying news from other websites and start posting our own news right from where it is happening?

Not like on CNN, having 1000 reporters all over the globe, but like regular ATS members reporting important news from around their area. Maybe someone could attend a Bush rally and report what he spoke or an anti-war rally.

We are now a very big forum board, why not become a very big news source?

This way we will get more respect than what conspiracy boards usually get.

EDIT: New title.

Surf

[edit on 11/30/2004 by surfup]

we do that already with the picture-phone forum (or at least that is the purpose of the forum...)

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
we do that already with the picture-phone forum (or at least that is the purpose of the forum...)

We have a pic-phone forum? Never heard of it.

Seriously I bet that is the reaction of most of the members here, while on the other hand ATSNN is much more popular.

Surf

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm all for that.

I could look out for more Phoenix lights and even make a weekly trip to Area 51 too see whats cookin. The latest antics of sheriff Joe, and....

I'm going to need money up front.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I agree surfup. That is a great idea!

they see all, where is the pic - phone forum (u see Im still new to this!)

It would be nice to do reporting, on behalf of the ats forum.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yekway
I agree surfup. That is a great idea!

they see all, where is the pic - phone forum (u see Im still new to this!)

It would be nice to do reporting, on behalf of the ats forum.

this is for you and surfup:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

merry christmass

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
thank u.

very hlepful. Maybe I can return the favor someday!

Merry Christmas also.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yekway
thank u.

very hlepful. Maybe I can return the favor someday!

Merry Christmas also.

NO PROBLEM...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thanks theyseeall, I just visited the link and found a thread of Blackjackal involving a military tank on the side of the road, if you ask me that isn't what I am talking about.

I am talking about real news reported by members who were near the incident's location.

It is just like now, we have members who submit news in ATSNN, but in this method they report news.

Surf

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
surfup Great Idea!
I would love to see reports from roving reporters.
Sign me up to the cause.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
surfup Great Idea!
I would love to see reports from roving reporters.
Sign me up to the cause.

I don't think I can do that, I am not a mod.

I am posted this to ask the mods to get something like that together. Thanks though.

Surf

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
ANybody can be a reporter for ATSNN. Use the submission tab on the upper right hand side of the banner and submit a story. The submission will be reviewed by a member of the ATSNN staff and an editor will upgrade the story if it is a newsworth event.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
ANybody can be a reporter for ATSNN. Use the submission tab on the upper right hand side of the banner and submit a story. The submission will be reviewed by a member of the ATSNN staff and an editor will upgrade the story if it is a newsworth event.

Yeah, anybody can go to other sites and post it on ATSNN. I am talking about real reporters, who don't take stuff from other sites, these people get it directly from the sources.

Surf

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just the same, any member can go to cover a breaking news story then come back and submit a great new ATSNN story. The only thing stopping anyone is inertia. I'd do it more if I could, believe me. Do that a few times and I can almost guarantee you'd become a star ATSNN field reporter!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
Just the same, any member can go to cover a breaking news story then come back and submit a great new ATSNN story. The only thing stopping anyone is inertia. I'd do it more if I could, believe me. Do that a few times and I can almost guarantee you'd become a star ATSNN field reporter!

Hmm. we have field reporters already?

I haven't seen any so far, nor have I encountered their "ground breaking" stories.

Surf

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
I haven't seen any so far, nor have I encountered their "ground breaking" stories.

Surf

I don't know what you consider ground breaking but I thought Kano's report on the Mars photos was "ground breaking." It made the rounds throughout the internet and the major news agencies made similar reports two or three days after Kano's report.

www.atsnn.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
I don't know what you consider ground breaking but I thought Kano's report on the Mars photos was "ground breaking." It made the rounds throughout the internet and the major news agencies made similar reports two or three days after Kano's report.

That, my friend, would be a classic example of a ground breaking topic. Kano didn't just post other news report, but made one himself, a pretty good one if you ask me, which is why it was so famous.

Not only do we need more of original work, we also need more of original news, just news, not commentary, which is what this thread is about.

Surf

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I like this idea!

Count me in for any Michigan based field reporter crews, I have vehicle and will travel within reason.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Then that's your cue, Surfup.

Be the first. Lead by example. Exclusive content can be nothing but positive. We've had reporters that have taken initiative and gotten a story. Check out some of the interviews & exclusives ATSNN has put forth. Other than some practical limits, like having a full-time job, every reporter and ATS member can do this. You can do this. We should do this. Go for it.

ATSNN Exclusives:
www.atsnn.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I agree, BlackJackal, that is an excellent article, and an excellent example.

As for having field reporters, it seems to me that ATSNN currently has all the field reporters who are willing to volunteer.

As more volunteer, ATSNN will have more, and I don't see anything standing in the way. So...

Want more news "from the field"? Submit it -- the button's up there!

I think Kano gave us all an outstanding example of how to do that.

[edit on 12/1/2004 by Majic]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join