It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A formal complaint to ATS society (the members, yeah... YOU)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

Hahhaah! that first song was a intro of a song that never happened lol !!

The second..was even better!! Hahahah so duh!! Which is good!!

Hey theabsolutetruth I sent you a PM !!

But !! nobody!! But me on ats ...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Yes, In my time I've come to see that people find something attractive about the language itself. I find it priceless and an honor to have been born and raised in speaking it. Many of our literatures lose the scope of their meaning when translated, as of course with other languages. The best way to see it is if you watch a movie like "Englar alheimsins" and see the translation to it.

Didn't watch the whole clip. Hopefully some good examples there. It's a movie about a few "nuts" who are institutionalized and do some mildly out of the ordinary things.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

This is real

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RUFFREADY

I like it. Has a soothing vibe to it.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I feel there is a lack of confidence in you, is it because english is your 2nd language that you find it hard to grasp the humour sometimes? How would you describe your sense of humour? Dry, aloof, sarcastic etc..

Humour is very different in all parts of the world, so what is funny in your native language might seem strange when translated into another.
I have a German friend and she is more Scottish than German now, she speaks our local dialect better than us but her humour is so german we have hard time getting then joke.
It doesn't mean the humour isn't funny, it's just our traditions and colloquial languages are so different.

So maybe there is just a cultural issue at play here. I wouldn't mind hearing some icelandic humour.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

It wasn't about you personally at all, ATS is a place where you can't take things personally, you could be the nicest guy in the world, sometimes humour is armour too!

That's what the psychologists like to say also, the armour bit is a little less constructive though, I don't think the psyc's have the tiger by the tail at all.
Anyone remember this, VAUXHALL ASTRA: BUILT BY ROBOTS. DRIVEN BY JOYRIDERS. STOPPED BY 'A' COMPANY.
Yes this was a note beside a built mock-up of the car in which two teenagers were shot and killed here in Northern Ireland by the above named. The mockup resided in their barracks, even though they knew who they had killed. That's the 'armour' humour for you, look the story up, I'm not going to post links to all that awfulness. Compared to things like that, a little, perceived trivia here is nothing. Beezer El rabbito has it right, the OP is up the left.
Put it another way , it's almost only humour that can get through to a lot of truths these days.

edit on 7-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Thanks!! I give a few $$ to save the wolves ..They are so pure.. I try to keep up on that front. Onnce ther e gone there gone..so sad.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Why do I keep thinking threads like this addressing bad humor are always about me?

Oh....Yeah, maybe I really should use the cats as an audience to try out my humor on....If only they didn't bite when you tell them a bad joke. I guess you guys are stuck with me.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Yeah, there's something of the Scandinavian in my DNA that finds the language appealingly familiar. I studied the Runes and these appealed to me in a similar way.

I have watched a few Icelandic movies, this one has always stuck in my mind.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Was going to mention that one also but left it out as I thought the other one was a better example. Great movie though.

Maybe you have forefathers from the Germanics and/or Celts. Who knows

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Ok..I saw some good stuff in that clip!! Crazy but lol!! whatever!! I sent you a PM an hour ago.. last call

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RUFFREADY

I replied already. But now it's almost 4am here and I must snooze. Night. Nice thread!

edit on 7-6-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

You might say that I'm not the most confident/self assured person in the world. Has nothing to do with English being my second language. That would be because of my inner battle with my inner demons.

But to please you, I would say that in my own language when I say jokes people often don't get them. I try to be witty in my jokes and try not to be mean. Rather try to illuminate the person with my jokes in the context of what's going on.
I laugh in my self at my own jokes but not out loud, though when I surprise my self it occasionally happens. I vary in the vibe of my jokes depending on how I feel. Sometimes I insult people, but when explained without excusing myself they either change their minds or not.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Yes I do have some Scandinavian DNA, someday I will do the genome thing, would be nice to know more about where my ancestors originated.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Night night, gonna do the same, 3am here.

Good night all and thanks for participating in this thread! Hope it has been constructive for most.

May the first one bless you all regardless of faiths.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
ATS needs less whining. Not less humor.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Yeah I just saw .. !! Why are you in England lol!! crap!! ...Oh well ..will see..never say never ( James Bond)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

good night.. and keep in touch

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Life is short .. dont take it so serious .. laughing at the absurdity and idiocy of the world keeps one sane ..
If anything I severely tone down my humour here as developed a very dark sense of humour over the years ..

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

There is no point to knowledge without the spirit to enjoy it.

If I am to become dry and pedantic by learning I would rather die a brute.

Also,

There is no greater sign of defiance to tyranny than a smile.

Only a free soul enjoys a heartfelt laugh.

edit on 6 7 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

edit on 6 7 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join