It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants are truly destroying the construction industry nationwide, sorry Mexicans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blender Ace

originally posted by: DarthFazer
a reply to: onequestion
These illegals get the red carpet treatment . They even come here start a second family with an american then go back and leave wife kids high and dry on the taxpayers welfare tab. All the while sending tons of cash to family back in mexico Where us dollar is like ten pesos. No wonder the mexican economy is doing better. Many apply for credit run it up get a loan for a free car and go to mexico and dont come back.
Mercuh

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! This is some of the most amusing stuff I've ever read. I'd love for you to give sources for your facts and figures. But we both know that's not going to happen.

I'm honestly surprised nobody has complained about the price of bread or the way kids dress these days.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh.

I was speaking from experience in my work place, as well as others i spoke with on occasion. I cant source my own memories. Read what I said and please work on your reading comprehension. Why did you link me to some thread that is off the topic ?

If i give you a quarter will you go back under the bridge ?
edit on 12-6-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Because some of us citizens have busted our butts and fought and died to make this country what it is. To have someone come here illegally because they're not willing to put in the effort to change their own country and make it better is cowardly and ethically wrong. Their riding on coat tales of others that have made the sacrifices and put forth the effort without them having to do a damn thing except leave a situation they're to lazy to fix. Any "fellow human" that's worth anything would work to fix their own problems, not go somewhere and create problems for others and also abuse a system they didn't help create.

Thats why it matters to me and why I care.

It matters, and it's good that you care. Do not confuse me, and the rest of the 90% of Mexicans with an illegal inmigration apologists.

What I'm saying is that some problems go beyond what any individual or group can change, sistemic region wide problems, like, oh let's just mention some of many, the insatiable hunger of the US for Mexican drugs, agriculture and manufactured products, cheap labor, etc... Americans should know better, or are you Cherokee? Inmigration literally moves the world, don't be such a cliché.

Also friend, don't believe what you see in the news. Mexico has a BAD security problem (which is too complex too discuss here, maybe another time), but it's doing pretty well economically. Things cannot be fixed overnight, but things are most certainly moving forward. (en.wikipedia.org...)

If you care, again, don't go only after the illegal inmigrants. Boicott your local restaurants that employ them, the big pharmacies, Monsanto, etc, etc. But I guess it's easier to be mad at brown people.

And C1oak...

Oh no! I am racial profiling and his a racist! Go frail yourself!

Seriously? Who cares what people call you. You are generalizing and that's not morally wrong. That's just stupid. It would be like me saying, the Americans I've worked with are all extremely intelligent, kind, marvelous people.Therefore they all are.

Gosh, I wish.

Cheers from a mexican skycraper.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
California, Arizona, New Mexico used to be a part of Mexico, the percentage of legal Mexicans occupying land in the U.S has already surpassed that. What happened to the Native Indians is harder to resolve, but there are 3 million Indians right now. If the U.S make an effort to restore them, i.e giving them welfare so that they can repopulate faster, that would otherwise go to the other races, then I think it's possible for them to reach 30 million within 100 years, and restore their race somewhat. It's not the perfect solution, but I think it's the best we could do at this point.

This will mean that immigration needs to be blocked, but I think it's fair, since all of those countries can also choose to do the same. Right now, trying to correct our past mistakes is the most important.

To me, it's time for all countries to either get rid of all borders, or for all countries to close all borders, because as long as nationalism and past animosity exist, and people are not willing to forgive, then there will be no such things as co-existing with each other, and it will create a situation where you have enemies living among each other. With worldwide communication, it's possible for everyone to discuss racial issues, without needing to live within each other's country.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I was speaking from experience in my work place, as well as others i spoke with on occasion. I cant source my own memories.
And, when I declared your post hilarious, I was speaking from my experience of reading it. So I'll meet you half way and say we're both right.

Why did you link me to some thread that is off the topic ?

Off topic from the thread, maybe. But definitely not off topic from my point.

Immigrants are to blame for [insert bad thing]. I hear THEY are [insert something they do but WE don't]. THEY even [insert implied atrocity].

I'm not going to go into why that's funny, particularly in the context of U.S. history. But I assure you it's hilarious. Like I expressed in my first reply, it sounds like you're a short step away from complaining about "kids these days and their horrible music."

If i give you a quarter will you go back under the bridge ?

I'm the troll here? If by "troll" you mean "person who disagrees with your assessment on your life situation" then sure. I'll take your money. Do you want my PayPal account or what?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

People from other countries have been taking jobs from Americans for some time. Number one are the Chinese because the factories went overseas. This is just another Scenario. The American economy is transitioning from a production and is closer to a service and Hi Tech economy. You are a victim by Mexicans taking your job because you are not adapting to this new economy. If you want to earn more, you have to study to be a licensed plumber, electrician, etc. No need to blame Mexicans who come from developing economies. You are Sir are in the most advanced country in the world, rise up to and earn your rightful spot. Get a license, you can do it. These poor Mexicans don't have an opportunity to go to school as easily. The Universe has giving you that shot, you can move up!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I understand how you feel, I have seen the same kind of thing in my field. But the problem is NOT immigrants. The problem is the attitude of companies towards labor in the US which has become adversarial, if not outright hostile. We have seen unions decimated,and workers are afraid to speak out in the workplace, largely because of a horrifically tight labor market. Workers are not viewed as people anymore, just a commodity, and of course companies like their commodities as cheap as they can get them.

And a big part of the problem is that standing up for workers and their rights is a dirty word, taboo in our country.

I remember many years ago, a video was leaked showing that tuna fishing was resulting in the deaths of thousands of dolphins during fishing operations. There was a huge public reaction and outcry, and the result was the tuna industry made changes to minimize dolphin deaths. So far we have not had that moment in the labor movement in America. People are largely apathetic, albeit pissed, about the state of labor relations in America at present.

We need to get ANGRY as citizens to this mistreatment, all the low wages, outsourcing, poor treatment of ALL workers, and translate that anger into boycotting the worst offenders, until things start to change. Things will NOT change unless we the people do it. That you can be sure of.
edit on 24-6-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Then do something about it!!!

My suggestion would be to get your own damn contractors license, learn how to bid on jobs, put up your own bond, and hire whomever you want. But please quit playing the victim.

My buddy just did one of my bathrooms and he ended up GC'ing the demo clean up to a guy that had a couple of, what were most likely, Mexicans. I asked why and he said, 'Dude, none of my guys wanted to go in your spidercricket-infested crawlsapce to cleanup the fiberglass insulation and all the plaster dust.'

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Blame the people hiring these Mexicans not Mexicans themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join