It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants are truly destroying the construction industry nationwide, sorry Mexicans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
We recently had a new roof put on our house. The guy that bid the job and who worked with the insurance company was white. The day came for the roof to be put on. They sent six Mexicans and they worked their tails off, finishing the roof in a day, including removal, replacing some of the wood, putting down some sort of sheeting, and the roof itself.

They did a fine job of it too.

My point is this: Mexicans work hard, they do a fantastic job (the ones I have encountered anyway) and they don't complain. It's hard to find young American guys who have the same skill set and work ethic, period.

I have no problem with them if they pay their taxes like I do. But you are right, the companies that hire them are the issue here, but if I was a business owner, I'd hire the reliable, hard worker versus the one with entitlement issues looking at his phone every 3 seconds.

You are making a generalization based on an a experience. I have worked along side many Mexicans even had to train them and they did not speak einglish now that was a challenge. They are no different than Americans some are hard workers some are lazy. Some humble and some with an attitude problem. The "mexicans are hard workers more efficient than americans" stero type is a myth let me explain. Who picks the lettuice ? Very desperate hungry people. Desperation does not make you a hard worker it makes people do what others that are not struggling wont. But it does not qualify them as a skilled trades worker from some hands on experience.

Let me give you a couple of examples. A buddy of mine hired some illegel Mexican fellow to install the wiring in his house. Days later there was an electrical fire almost burned the house down. The guy did not know what he was doing and was not qualified to do the job. Labor was cheap should have hired an electrian that is educated in the NEC code.

Wife hired a mexican illegal to change her spark plugs in her car out for new ones. Car ran fine for a few weeks then the cylynders started misfiring. I took out the spark plugs and turns out same old spark plugs but he had cleaned them with a brush and bent the conductors ? WTF

You get what you pay for i guess , should assume all Mexicans do half ass work ? Of course not.

I know a couple guys that went to school for construction. They are educated and experienced and struggle to find work in fact turned back for chaper unexperiened labor and on the application "minorities encouraged to apply" the whole crew was illegals mind you. Its not hard to find young American guys with a good skill set at all. You fail to understand the problem .
edit on 8-6-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It is a serious problem and has been for years. I know people who tried to get the contract to build Wal-Mart and other places, but they were seriously underbid by Mexicans. Nothing racist about that. And to the person who said that they never seen a white American??? Tell that to my family who settled the Appalachian mountains. Like most places in America,settlers were mostly Nordic European- almost every last one of them.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

My husband was in the National Laborer's for 40 years starting in the 70's. After the 80's, everything began to go backwards for the unions and all laborers with its slow demise. Undocumented workers do not like unions. They have to speak English for safety reasons, and show ID.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yup, much agreed OP. Don't listen to all the immigrant sympathizers, they don't know any better.

If they spent a few years of their lives in the construction field, like I did nearly ten years ago, they'd realize that what you're saying is true.

Keep the country the way it is now. No more immigrants, export the illegals currently here. Get our goddamned jobs back.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As a Mexican living quite confortably on my own country, I don't undertsand. I mean, you don't have to say sorry to us.

Some, a very small percentage go to the States to work on anything they can (and on a net zero balance, meaning it's has not increased over the past few years, link below, or quick google search away).

It's not their problem they get hired, hell, as long as they do their job right? Why whould you have to say sorry to us, or more specifically to the undocumented workers on your land. It's the people who hire them who you should be targeting, as well as all the poeple who like to throw around terms like "immigrant sympathizers" and "...export the illegals currently here. Get our goddamned jobs back."

For the love of Zeus, you have a narrow mind. Yeah, blame the working undocumented inmigrants, that always works.

Or, you know, stop buying things from american companies that build everything in China (or Mexico, actually, have you looked from where the US imports their cars lately? ... ) hire undocumented workers, the companies and executives who have enormous, gigantic, goddam BIBLICAL amounts of profit, and refuse to take even a small cut out of them.

But I guess that's too hard isn't it? Better to keep diving us between Nation States, building up walls and creating more frontiers and directing this anger and frustration amongst ourselves.

Enjoy that new Ipad. I know I am.

Cheers from Rainy Mexico.

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeTheJoe

For the love of Zeus, you have a narrow mind. Yeah, blame the working undocumented inmigrants, that always works.

Though I agree that corporations who hire illegals are to blame, the illegals are not completely blameless. They are not stupid people and they do realize that by taking a job, it is taking a job away from a citizen.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Exactly and I couldnt agree more. If the shoe was on the other foot damn right id be jumping the border to Mexico to make 10 times more an hour and reap the benefits. Its the emoloyers the corporations enabling the destruction of the middle class. They have outsourced the jobs without having to move to Mexico.

edit on 9-6-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Though I agree that corporations who hire illegals are to blame, the illegals are not completely blameless. They are not stupid people and they do realize that by taking a job, it is taking a job away from a citizen.

Well yeah they do but when you live in poverty or have a hungry family to feed you are going to put them and yourself first of course. As for the corporations the big CEO puts profit before his fellow american, corporations companys are about profit first and people last , welcome to capitolism .

edit on 9-6-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
-snip-
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: *double post snip*

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ScreenBogey

The most power hungry created a war-zone in Mexico (Cartels) by difference in law/rule of our lands and addiction, this perpetual war destabilizes the region of Mexico and creates uncertainty/poverty. To escape the hard life they come to the nation that gave them their problem and that nation puts them to work, forever.

The same people who support the war on drugs WANT floods of illegal poor immigrants so that anyone with no corporate ownership (anyone who is not themselves) must fight others for labor to be paid nothing, forever.

This isn't the end all scheme and final battle for humans to face, it's merely another horrible exploitation of the times and the system. You know how "rome fell to barbarians"? Barbarians were the immigrants of Rome, the same people who were used by the elite, exploited and then blamed when the empire fell to the corruption at the top.
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer
These illegals get the red carpet treatment . They even come here start a second family with an american then go back and leave wife kids high and dry on the taxpayers welfare tab. All the while sending tons of cash to family back in mexico Where us dollar is like ten pesos. No wonder the mexican economy is doing better. Many apply for credit run it up get a loan for a free car and go to mexico and dont come back.
Mercuh

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! This is some of the most amusing stuff I've ever read. I'd love for you to give sources for your facts and figures. But we both know that's not going to happen.

I'm honestly surprised nobody has complained about the price of bread or the way kids dress these days.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Sure Night Star, this is obviously true. But like DartFazer said, when you need to make a living why would anyone care about legal status?

The same thing could be said for a legal citizen, wouldn't you think? They are taking away jobs from another fellow human.

I understand why americans feel the way they do, trust me it's my job to understand; but one can't just hope to fix a problem by staying only on one side of the argumet.

Again, as DarthFazer perfectly said, they managed to outsource the jobs without having to physically move to Mexico.

And if all of you people who are so angered by inmigrants taking your jobs, stop buying products from Chrysler, Apple, Microsoft, General Electric, etc, etc etc. Your anger only lives as long as you can actually see some poor mexican sod trying to make a living.

But not when you're buying the new Iphone, built by several million american-job stealing Chinese.

And so on.

Although, I do love my Iphone, so maybe I'm a hypochrite. Then again, I'm not the one complaining about lack of jobs.

Cheers from the capital.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Don't confuse racism with truth, I am sure you will be called a racist how dare you tell it how it is. I own a construction related business in Florida, typically the illegals more than just the Mexicans were lower skilled trades, masons, tile guys, roofing all of which need to be licensed here, but now they are electricians which is scary as hell.

The laws need to be enforced, the GC's are forced to build it cheaper so they ignore the E Verify, the unlicensed contractor and just pray they don't get caught. I don't blame the illegals for wanting a better way of life, most work hard for much les, however the law needs to be enforced from the employers down to the employee. Call your local building inspector, or Bureau of licensing and report the behavior. Force the cops to do their jobs, Florida is in demand for skilled construction labor, most of the illegals headed west after the economy tanked. Pick up your hammer and head down.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

The problem is the people that hire them not the Mexicans.

Sorry but you do sound like a racist considering that you left out a bunch of other undocumented nationalities that work in the construction industry.

No...the problem is they are here. You fix the problem, not address the symptom. Follow all problems back to their source and correct the problem. You would be surprised how well that works.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

"Sure Night Star, this is obviously true. But like DartFazer said, when you need to make a living why would anyone care about legal status?

I don't have to worry about a job myself as I m on disability, but I have seen with my own eyes in my last job where illegals were hired over American citizens who desperately needed to care for their family.
More people might be tolerant if there were plenty of jobs, but there aren't. Our homeless number is growing, tent cities increasing, shelters filled to capacity. That is one reason why there is so much resentment and disappointment on the anti illegal side.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Even if they were legal immigrants they could work for far less considering OP is working for $15 and the minimum wage is somewhere around $7.25

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SF4REAL
Don't confuse racism with truth...

The laws need to be enforced.... Force the cops to do their jobs...

Truth is truth, racism is sometimes embedded in the way we try to tell our own view of the truth. But I agree, this is not a matter of race. (Starting from the fact that "Mexican" is not a race
but a nationality and/or culture)

Anyway, I again, agree with you. People should direct their anger and efforts towards the law, and hell I wouldn't even blame the cops man. I mean, I guess they got bigger things to deal with tnah dealing with hard working illegal inmigrants. Like the criminal illegal inmigrants, for example.

Or the banks. or the CEO's. Or your own congressmen.

Our homeless number is growing, tent cities increasing, shelters filled to capacity. That is one reason why there is so much resentment and disappointment on the anti illegal side.

Again, I agree Night Star. This is obvious, why anger and resentment is growing. And again, I think you're missing the point. You cannot tell another human being "Hey, don't you dare work here! Your evil cheap ways are undermining my more expensive labor offer! Go, starve on your own land."

I mean, you could. And many do. My point is that that is not how this will be solved, but that resentment and disappointment on the anti-illegal side should maybe be turned around to be on the anti-establishment side.

To summarize, you can't get angry with the people who need, and can get jobs. If there's any blame to be given out, is to the corporations, bussinessmen and the crooked politicians.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Oh I agree about blaming corporations and crooked politicians!!!!
Had our laws been enforced years ago, we wouldn't have such vast numbers of illegal immigration today.

As for the poor illegal or the poor citizen, it comes down to their families or our own. It is a nightmare to see anyone suffer for any reason, but the USA cannot solve the world's problems. If you were homeless and had a family to feed and an illegal immigrant came over and was taken care of, how would that make you feel? It is a very sad situation and my heart goes out to anyone struggling and suffering no matter where they are from but it is up to our own Governments to care for its people.

edit on 11-6-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeTheJoe

Sure Night Star, this is obviously true. But like DartFazer said, when you need to make a living why would anyone care about legal status?

The same thing could be said for a legal citizen, wouldn't you think? They are taking away jobs from another fellow human.

Because some of us citizens have busted our butts and fought and died to make this country what it is. To have someone come here illegally because they're not willing to put in the effort to change their own country and make it better is cowardly and ethically wrong. Their riding on coat tales of others that have made the sacrifices and put forth the effort without them having to do a damn thing except leave a situation they're to lazy to fix. Any "fellow human" that's worth anything would work to fix their own problems, not go somewhere and create problems for others and also abuse a system they didn't help create.

Thats why it matters to me and why I care.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
You know what I wanna say to people when they call somebody else raciest, or bias or some other bs word.

STFU! We are past the point of your stereotypical words and is not the main topic at hand.

Illegal Immigration is the problem and people keep trying to divert the main topic with calling people certain words and stupid history facts that this country was built by immigrations. Then you got the faggots and they're stupid marriage issue and Kim Kardashian ass along with what celebrities are going to name there babies. Back to topic. Now read very carefully. That was then... and this is now. We have laws now and despite the facts of history, other wise known as then. It does not give anyone the right to break the laws of now! We have producers and rules for a reason, to prevent diseases, virus's, criminals, terrorism and to protect the economy.

Hey, I get it too they are human like me and you and are coming from a #ty place but how the hell are we suppose to support the nearly almost whole other countries when we are selves are sinking? Then on top of that we have corruption, abused welfare, greedy corporations and leaders only interested in it for themselves and are not even trying to fix problems in our country. Instead they worry about some frainling bs other then our own country!

Onequestion is wrong about one thing though. It only being Mexicans ruining the country. That is just ignorance, not racism. There are other ethics that have come/are coming to the country Illegally. . The only reason Mexicans are taking heat of illegal immigration is because they got themselves notice when they waved they're stupid Mexican flag around in almost every protest they have. Bringing they're stupid holidays from they're country and being offended when an American shirt is worn on that day. And they are easy to point out. And quite frankly they are rude, lazy and never take care of there lawn. Personally, I didn't like working with them, when I had a job. Oh no! I am racial profiling and his a racist! Go frail yourself!

edit on 12-6-2014 by C1oak because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2014 by C1oak because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2014 by C1oak because: Grammer police!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join