It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants are truly destroying the construction industry nationwide, sorry Mexicans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
We recently had a new roof put on our house. The guy that bid the job and who worked with the insurance company was white. The day came for the roof to be put on. They sent six Mexicans and they worked their tails off, finishing the roof in a day, including removal, replacing some of the wood, putting down some sort of sheeting, and the roof itself.

They did a fine job of it too.

My point is this: Mexicans work hard, they do a fantastic job (the ones I have encountered anyway) and they don't complain. It's hard to find young American guys who have the same skill set and work ethic, period.

I have no problem with them if they pay their taxes like I do. But you are right, the companies that hire them are the issue here, but if I was a business owner, I'd hire the reliable, hard worker versus the one with entitlement issues looking at his phone every 3 seconds.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

originally posted by: HanzHenry

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: onequestion

Hey I work in a couple of construction firms - we're paying SKILLED Immagrants $24 - $33 dollars an hour just like we pay homegrown workers. Looks like to need to increase your skill level. Sounds like you're doing what amounts to day labor - and it may, may, be the case that your claim is correct for that skill level. It is a lot more expensive to cover less skilled workers with WC then skilled and experienced ones.

an immigrant should NEVER make more than minimum wage, and an American should NEVER work for less than one or work under one. utterly DISGUSTING. pay them what they would make in Mexico.

Their ancestors did not build America up, their ancestors didnt die fighting for America. they should NEVER be allowed here. Companies should always pay an American more than an immigrant.

Maybe after a hundred years in country they should qualify for a PORTION of the respect of an American whose family has been here for HUNDREDS of years.

What native American tribe does your family owe it's lineage too?
Or did you have any family that went thro Ellis Island?
I am willing to bet my big toe that if you are not part of the first sentence then you sure as heck are part of the second.

One pair of my grandparents on BOTH sides were Cherokee. Appalachians by birth. Another set were here 500 years ago, and the forth set came in the early 1800's. My surname ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Despite everything immigrants (legal and illegal) have contributed to this nation in its history, they will always be blamed for the woes of society and its downfall. Generation-to-generation (guess which ethnicity is taking the brunt this generation,) it hasn't changed. Leads me to believe there is something else going on besides "they took our jobs."

I suppose it's those darned foreigners' faults for our outsourced manufacturing etc. as well.

I'd once like to see a thread about how immigrants helped make this country into the powerhouse it is.

If Mexicans really wanted to become Americans and live the so called dream I would be alright with them.......BUT they do not want to do this. They are kinda like a parasite that will leave once the money drys up.

their behavior is more like a swarm of locusts.
they are more loyal to mexico, that alone is enough reason to not allow them here.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

Mexicans are NATIVE to the Americas.

California, Texas, and nevada to name a few USED TO BE MEXICO. There are Mexicans that are indigenous to parts of the US going back to prehistoric times.

Mexicans are native Americans too. Like you. Are you locust?

Unless you are saying that only CERTAIN tribes in the north are truly native.

You sound like a belligerent maniac in this thread.

They are more PURE BLOOD native American than you sir. Even the mestizos. They have more blood descendancy from ORIGINAL Americans than you if you only have a few watered down grandparents of native blood. YOU are the "invader" according to your own criteria.

EDIT TO ADD;
California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, N.mexico, Texas, half of Colorado and a smidgen of Kansas and Oklahoma used to be mexico. The people who lived there then still do now.

Thats almost half the US.......full of Mexicans before a US flag even existed. The natives there are as native American as the Cherokee you consider more native American for some reason.

Tell me who is the "Native American" and who is the "Mexican" in these pictures. *without using a web service to trace the pictures.

Please look into this MR. Native American.
Kumeyaay people
en.wikipedia.org...

The following are native tribes of the south west and have mixed blood lines among themselves. All have "Mexican" bloodlines mixed in and many share territory with northern Mexico or what used to outright be Mexico. The term "Mexican" is a political classification. The same that "United States Citizen" is.

They are all NATIVES.

Akimel O'odham (Pima)
Apache
Cocopa
Cora
Guarijio
Havasupai
Hopi
Hualapai
Huichol
Karankawa
Maricopa
Mayo
Mojave
Navajo
Opata
Pima Bajo
Pueblo
Quechan
Seri
Tarahumara
Tepehuan
Tohono O'odham (Papago)
Tubar
Yaqui
Yavapai
Zuni

edit on 6 8 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

And your issue is with the mexicans????
Seems like you are skipping a couple people that screwed you LONG before the "third worlders" did.
But that doesn't fit into your EXTREMELY raciest rant that you go going on.
Seems you have forgot your family history

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
You are one of the most ignorant posters on ATS regarding the issue of the movement of labor. Don't worry, 99% of the ATS posters are.

Do you seriously think this is the fault of mexicans or immigrants? Piense, idiota!!!

Honestly, think. Think for fifteen seconds. Hold your breath for five seconds, think for another five, and release for five. The fault is not in the mexicans or immigrants, it's in the greed of capitalism. This system is inherently sinful, as it relies on profit which if motivated by four of the seven deadlies: greed, lust, pride, and gluttony.

You were a fool to buy into the system, and so were your ancestors. Feel bad, feel threatened, feel insulted by my claim. Too bad. It's true. I'm calling all of you out on this day. You feed into a system that grows upon the worst of humanity, and worst of all, you all would and /do/ defend it until death. I've studied what the 50s gave America. Awful, just awful. And you all ate it up. "MY PRIDEFUL BEAUTIFUL CAPITALISM" Red white and blue right up Satan's anus, am I right? You all feed into the worst of sins and grew "fruitful" from it.

Well, as the line goes: Greed is a snake that humanity cannot charm.

Now the viper bites and its venom poisons. Anitvenom? There is none.

The immigrants are the first symptom of greed's cyclical nature of destruction, not the last.

www.youtube.com...

ieet.org...

www.dni.gov...

www.wtec.org...

If your attention span can't last for more than 2 hours, I'll summarize it for you.

Your time is over in the next 20 years. You're done. Your manipulations, your delusions, your way of life, and your evils are done. It all comes full circle in the most poignant slice of justice possible. The immigrants may have some jobs now, but in 20 years, machines will own over 80% of existing labor (service, technical, manufacturing, skilled).
And why? Because it's cheaper and a greater overhead for corporations and businesses is wonderful for profit margins and stock holders. And it will only become more popular. More mechanization. More unemployment. More capitalism devouring itself from the inside out.

You all dug your own graves and I have been born in such an era where I can witness your downfall. I can see justice implemented. I am blessed. I can see evil scorned, burned, tortured, and placed on public display.

You think the west suffers now? Wait 20 years, and you'll see the east, west, mid east, north and whatever other regions exist suffer under the end result of your beautiful system of greed.

Your nations, your states, your systems of monetary hoarding are over. It's just a matter of time.

Angry? No, I'm not angry. Dark and Edgy? Neither of those am I. I just see your downfall and laugh, for you all are unable to witness it for yourselves. The great evil of the world will actually consume itself because it's good for upward profit margins. Can you believe it? I almost couldn't at first. But give it time. Think, and think rationally. This is the natural progression. And the best part about this, it's already happening. It's already happening. I'm not predicting a thing, I'm pointing out something that is happening and is proven to be increasing almost exponentially. Technological unemployment is coming.

Your immigrants aren't the problem. Your system is the problem. Don't worry, for it will work itself out.

"But, OneElectric," you'll cry. "You're an awful sonovagun for taking delight in the destruction of so many innocents."
To this I say: Who told you to take pride in the sweat of your brow, the breaking of your bone, and the manipulation of your brother? Your sacred texts of old? Your institutionally corrupt systems of governance? Your shadowed bankers?
Find your disdain there, and not with me. I simple revel in its demise.

Remember. It was never the Mexicans. It was never the Indians. It was never the Chinese. It was never the manufacturing Machines. It was never the dummy AI. It was never the true AI. It was your corrupt system that relied on sin to move forward. Remember that when it all comes falling down.

Best of Luck.
edit on 8-6-2014 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
If an immigrant can work for less and stay alive on that then why not you the local. Maybe you should look at your lazy luxury selfish lifestyle for that answer.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: buster2010
Can you justify that response with more logic please? Not disagreeing but I want to hear your reasoning.

If it wasn't for greedy aholes hiring illegals so they could pay them a lower wage instead of hiring Americans and paying them a decent wage we wouldn't be having this discussion would we. People always cry it's the illegals fault when in truth it is the people that hire them that is causing the problem. Start arresting these people and the problem will fix itself.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Mexicans are NATIVE to the Americas.

Mexicans are native to Central America not north America. And no not all Native Americans have mixed blood with those from central America.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

People always cry it's the illegals fault when in truth it is the people that hire them that is causing the problem.
Start arresting these people and the problem will fix itself.

Ok fine, but why?

edit on 8-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: add to quotation for context

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

There is a simple way to stop it. Arrest and fine the employers. 10K for the first offence per worker, then double it with every new offense. After 3 offenses, mandatory 5 years in prison without parole. Put that law in place and the problem is solved. But it probably won't happen because we are currently living in one of the most anti worker, pro employer countries in the world. I don't know why there is so much contempt and almost abject hatred of American workers these days. I suspect its greed, the employers prefer workers they can exploit and don't like American workers because they want the historically higher wages. Its a shame because they are victimizing both Americans and Mexicans.
edit on 8-6-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neversaynever
If an immigrant can work for less and stay alive on that then why not you the local. Maybe you should look at your lazy luxury selfish lifestyle for that answer.

So we should all just accept being slaves? Maybe the employers should learn to be less greedy and pay decent wages to EVERYONE. Maybe as a society we should start identifying these evil greedy people and boycott people who practice this exploitation.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011
Same question to you then, why? Because the practice is illegal? I'm not disagreeing with you but I wonder why the same is not applied to the workers, who by their very presence in this country are illegal.

I see the following scenario as a logical conclusion of just going after the employers. Millions of illegals suddenly have no way of 'earning' their income. Desperate people do desperate things. As long as they are here I can't believe the solution is as simple as cut off their ability to earn.

They are here illegally but many wish to overlook that or even defend them. If laws matter they should matter equally.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpintology
True post OP but the powers that be like it. Immigration is the new slavery. Also I had an uncle and grandfather both put out of business by illegal immigrants that under bid because they slept 24 to a one bedroom apartment and all road to work in a few of vehicles. The apartment managers cannot do anything about it. Living like that how can you under bid them? They have almost no over head.

EXACTLY!!!!

Laws could easily be written to stop what is going on. Simply severely penalize, fine, and imprison employers who hire illegal workers. It could be written and implemented. But the people the government REALLY represents, the one percent, the OWNERS of the country, WANT things this way.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Arent you forgetting that half of the NORTHERN continental US was part of Mexico and is full of Mexicans since before the US flag even existed let alone flew over those territories?

is CENTRAL AMERICA not part of the AMERICAS? Are people native to that part of the world less NATIVE than those of the north?

They are of the same genetic family tree. Their populations are certainly mixed. They have common ancestors and their populations most certainly mixed over THOUSANDS of years. That is not even contestable.

I dont know where the hell you were going with that one.

I would qualify your post as a mental fart /mental diarrhea shart. Knee jerk all the way. THINK ABOUT what you just said.

I listed NATIVE AMERICAN tribes that share land with both countries.

Your thoughts on them please?

I listed parts of the US, almost HALF that are full of people that literally had the political borders around them change one day after THOUSANDS of years of living there. The were once from Mexico, then one day they are from the US....THEY NEVER MOVED.

Your thoughts on that please.

There are native Americans who are ethnically "Mexican", (no such classification, They are all classified as native American) that are from North America. California, Nevada, and NEW MEXICO (to name 3 of a few), are in north America. These areas of the US are FULL of "Mexicans" since prehistoric times.

Your thoughts on that as well.

I would love to hear this.

I am eagerly waiting.

EDIT TO ADD:
also address this following list and explain how only SOME of these people are native American to you and how they are not genetically related to present day Mexicans. Please look at a map of where these peoples existed and see the area we are talking about as THEIR NATIVE LAND. Tell me again how they are central Americans only.

Do you think that "MEXICANS" is a real tribe or something and as such is the single tribe of native peoples from central America and South western North America? Even in just central America there are probably hundreds of native tribes. All over the entire south west of the Americas there have probably been THOUSANDS of tribes over time. Mexico has over 68 documented known native languages recognized by the UN. Thats 68 different peoples. Some of which lived ENTIRELY in north America. Thats just the ones we know about.

Some of these are in what is today Mexico, some in what is today the US. Some are IN BOTH.

Kumeyaay people
en.wikipedia.org...

Akimel O'odham (Pima)
Apache
Cocopa
Cora
Guarijio
Havasupai
Hopi
Hualapai
Huichol
Karankawa
Maricopa
Mayo
Mojave
Navajo
Opata
Pima Bajo
Pueblo
Quechan
Seri
Tarahumara
Tepehuan
Tohono O'odham (Papago)
Tubar
Yaqui
Yavapai
Zuni

The language family for native languages from the west , going from well into Mexico and nearly up to Canada is the AZTEC-TANOAN language group. The other (of MANY) From well into Mexico and a little past Texas is the Na-Dene language group. These are all genetically identical people, similar in culture, language and everything else that we look to to establish cultural identity.

Please. tell me they are central American invaders.....PLEASE.

Also pick out the "true native Americans" from those pictures I posted.

Look at this map of native language stock and tell me that the grey area that is now Mexico was full of the tribe of MEXICO. Explain how in anticipation of our present day borders the native peoples from the south west (somehow) used our political national cutoff for the magical tribe of Mexico so as to establish separate peoples from REAL Native Americans and those "mexican invaders" of the magical tribe of Mexico.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

LMFAOROLF

edit on 6 8 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: openminded2011
Same question to you then, why? Because the practice is illegal? I'm not disagreeing with you but I wonder why the same is not applied to the workers, who by their very presence in this country are illegal.

I see the following scenario as a logical conclusion of just going after the employers. Millions of illegals suddenly have no way of 'earning' their income. Desperate people do desperate things. As long as they are here I can't believe the solution is as simple as cut off their ability to earn.

They are here illegally but many wish to overlook that or even defend them. If laws matter they should matter equally.

These people were resourceful enough to find away to get here, they can be just as resourceful to find a way to leave, and then try to come back legally. I don't mean it in a malicious way. I have travelled to Mexico many times, love the people and culture there. They are as much victims of the present economic mess as we are. But they need to focus on making their country better as we need to focus on ours.
edit on 8-6-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It's supply and demand. TPTB are mass importing cheap labor to reduce labor costs. It's not racism. It's destruction of the middle class.

I recall after Katrina tons of Federal money was sent South, but the local independent contractors didn't see the money. It went to corporations who employed illegal immigrants to do the work cheap.

Basically, they want to make us all poor. We'll end up like a third-world economy where there are only rich and poor. Cue some gullible moron calling me a racist.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I use to work in a pork production plant as a union rep. When the illegals came pouring in around the year 2000 the Company as it turns out was payng for these illegals to come here and advertised in Mexico to hire them. So basically the company was encouraging these people to break the law. It was explained to me the company wanted to overwhelm the work force to bring down the wage and undermine the union. I am all for diversity but this small midwest town was literally transformed in to a slum in the past 14 years. A dying economy no jobs and the jobs it does have are filled by illegals. In the past 14 years the wage has stayed the same while inflation grew. Im long gone from that hell hole but the city government acts like its a wonderful thing and the company is the back bone of this town ROFL

Edit to add my wife is Mexican American born in the states second generation. Works in said plant still. Is disgusted by the over privledged Mexicans whereas her grandparents came here legally. Its not about racism its about fairness and due process. These illegals get the red carpet treatment . They even come here start a second family with an american then go back and leave wife kids high and dry on the taxpayers welfare tab. All the while sending tons of cash to family back in mexico Where us dollar is like ten pesos. No wonder the mexican economy is doing better. Many apply for credit run it up get a loan for a free car and go to mexico and dont come back. These are problems people are not willing to adress.

Mercuh
edit on 8-6-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScreenBogey
It's supply and demand. TPTB are mass importing cheap labor to reduce labor costs. It's not racism. It's destruction of the middle class.

I recall after Katrina tons of Federal money was sent South, but the local independent contractors didn't see the money. It went to corporations who employed illegal immigrants to do the work cheap.

Basically, they want to make us all poor. We'll end up like a third-world economy where there are only rich and poor. Cue some gullible moron calling me a racist.

Its always framed as racism to keep people afraid to resist it and at least talk about it. It is NOT an issue of racism, it IS an economic issue. What people have to do is say that every time they get accused of racism until the assertion fails.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

There is a simple way to stop it. Arrest and fine the employers. 10K for the first offence per worker, then double it with every new offense. After 3 offenses, mandatory 5 years in prison without parole. Put that law in place and the problem is solved. But it probably won't happen because we are currently living in one of the most anti worker, pro employer countries in the world. I don't know why there is so much contempt and almost abject hatred of American workers these days. I suspect its greed, the employers prefer workers they can exploit and don't like American workers because they want the historically higher wages. Its a shame because they are victimizing both Americans and Mexicans.

The thing is the Corporations like the one i worked for own the politicians, own ICE and lobby to stay immune to prosecution. You never see CEo's go to prison for hiring illegals. And there are laws on the books but they hardly ever enforce them. Once in a blue moon ICE will raid a plant and arrest a hand full of illegals detain them then send them back to Mexico to save face. This is for publicity and to make ICE seem relevant, so the company pays some fines but its peanuts. A price the employer is willing to pay. Said illegals cross the border again and are rehired or go to another plant. Repeat cycle. Unless you get rid of corporate power and the lobby and people in the company go to jail it will always be this way.
edit on 8-6-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join