It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants bringing diseases across border?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
That's seems to be a very big problem today with the increase of illegals being dropped off here in Arizona and Texas.
The Women and Men on the front line are our Border Patrol Agents.
They are seeing signs of diseases and doing their job as best as they can and they are reporting their findings to the appropriate agency, But guess what, their being Ignored!, Does that Surprise Any of You?
It shouldn't.

MCALLEN, TX - There’s a growing health concern with hundreds of illegal immigrants crossing over into southern Texas.

U.S. Border Patrol agents are worried that what's coming over into the U.S. could harm everyone.

This time the focus is not on the women and children that are crossing over in droves.

Cabrera says agents are seeing illegal immigrants come over with contagious infections.

Detention centers and holding facilities have quarantined areas for those who come in sick. But Cabrera says the sick and healthy are separated only by caution tape.

“There's been an outbreak of scabies that's been going on for the past month,” Cabrera said.

Texas border resident Jorge Garcia says word about the contagious skin infection is getting around.

Cabrera says the sickness doesn't stop at scabies.

“We are starting to see chicken pox, MRSA staph infections, we are starting to see different viruses,” Cabrera said.

DHS has denied all requests for interviews with doctors and medical staff treating sick immigrants. The agency has also turned down our request for a tour.

They only released this statement:

DHS has public health controls in place to minimize any possible health risks. Throughout the RGV Sector we are conducting public health screens on all incoming detainees to screen for any symptoms of contagious diseases of possible public health concern. U.S. Border Patrol has established Medical Units at its busiest border stations (McAllen, Weslaco, and Ft Brown) handling UAC. US Coast Guard medical teams are assisting with the screening process, and providing healthcare evaluations for the sick and injured.

Occupational health and safety guidance has been provided to for CBP personnel in the handling of subjects with signs of health-related symptoms. Our workforce has been provided and encouraged to use personal protective gear including latex or non-latex gloves, long-sleeve shirts, and to take precaution including frequent hand washing.

Yes, it would appear, DHS as it Head Stuck In A Very Dark Place!
ABC 15 NOT FOXNEWS
Now if this doesn't get you thinking, the next page I'm posting should.
If you live in a southern State close to the Border or in an area where Our Government is Just Dumping These People.
If you have young Children, You might want to get Involved!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just to add to the above thread.

he federal government on Friday began sending hundreds of unaccompanied children caught crossing the border illegally in Texas to a holding center in Nogales, Ariz., further straining relations with Gov. Jan Brewer, who was already angry over the recent release of hundreds of undocumented families at bus stations in Phoenix and Tucson.

Brewer said she learned Friday that 432 children were transported to a holding facility in Nogales and that an additional 732 children

Linky

The announcement comes amid the revelation that more than 36,000 criminal illegal immigrants were released onto U.S. soil by government officials in 2013.
CBS Los Angeles reported that San Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino are just three of about 100 municipalities that will no longer honor detainer requests from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Rel easing
Now the Meat, Don't any of you Worry and the Possibility of a Plague?

More recently, the resolve of German soldiers was broken by the 1918
influenza outbreak during WWI, and as is the case in most wars, disease killed more
soldiers during WWII than combat in many battle areas.
In regard to the U.S., deadly outbreaks of the ague, bacillary dysentery, cholera,
diphtheria, influenza, lobar pneumonia, malaria, tuberculosis, typhus, typhoid, scarlet
fever, small pox, and yellow fever repeatedly broke out across the country from the
seventieth through the early twentieth centuries.13 To give just a few examples and
statistics, Philadelphia lost as much as an eighth of its population in a two month span to
yellow fever in 1793, New Orleans had a higher death than birth rate for most of the
nineteenth century in large part due to cholera and yellow fever, and it is estimated that
the 1832, 1849, and 1866 cholera outbreaks killed over 200,000 Americans.14 Contagious
disease continued to claim large numbers of American lives during the first half the
twentieth century, exemplified by the fact that typhoid killed an estimated one million lives

from 1880-1920, and that the Spanish Influenza, the deadliest disease in human history as
measured by the absolute number of lives it claimed worldwide, struck soon after WWI to
kill an estimated 500,000 Americans in a few short years.15
But by the mid-twentieth century, with the discovery of cures and vaccines for many
infectious diseases and improvements in sanitation methods the death tolls from
communicable diseases plummeted in the U.S. Nevertheless, approximately 170,000
Americans die each year from infectious diseases and epidemics remain a security threat
for states today.16 For example, a U.S. National Intelligence Estimate on infectious disease
reports that since 1973 at least twenty known diseases such as cholera and tuberculosis
have reappeared or spread to new locations around the globe and approximately thirty
previously unknown diseases such as Ebola and hepatitis C have been discovered by
scientists, many of which do not have available cures.

Report from CCIS.USCD

I'm Just Saying,,,, Hold'em until their Fully Medically Cleared and Then Send'em Back!
Just my Opinion!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The illegal immigration problem will never be dealt with as long as the corporations want cheap undocumented labor that they don't have to pay workmans comp, health ins, min. wage, or anything else the American working man has come to expect.

It's not about ideology, politics or anything else but money and profit

check it out......

www.examiner.com...

Do you honestly think the Corporatracy gives a **** if you get sick?
edit on 7-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
That's seems to be a very big problem today with the increase of illegals being dropped off here in Arizona and Texas.
The Women and Men on the front line are our Border Patrol Agents.
They are seeing signs of diseases and doing their job as best as they can and they are reporting their findings to the appropriate agency, But guess what, their being Ignored!, Does that Surprise Any of You?
It shouldn't.

MCALLEN, TX - There’s a growing health concern with hundreds of illegal immigrants crossing over into southern Texas.

U.S. Border Patrol agents are worried that what's coming over into the U.S. could harm everyone.

This time the focus is not on the women and children that are crossing over in droves.

Cabrera says agents are seeing illegal immigrants come over with contagious infections.

Detention centers and holding facilities have quarantined areas for those who come in sick. But Cabrera says the sick and healthy are separated only by caution tape.

“There's been an outbreak of scabies that's been going on for the past month,” Cabrera said.

Texas border resident Jorge Garcia says word about the contagious skin infection is getting around.

Cabrera says the sickness doesn't stop at scabies.

“We are starting to see chicken pox, MRSA staph infections, we are starting to see different viruses,” Cabrera said.

DHS has denied all requests for interviews with doctors and medical staff treating sick immigrants. The agency has also turned down our request for a tour.

They only released this statement:

DHS has public health controls in place to minimize any possible health risks. Throughout the RGV Sector we are conducting public health screens on all incoming detainees to screen for any symptoms of contagious diseases of possible public health concern. U.S. Border Patrol has established Medical Units at its busiest border stations (McAllen, Weslaco, and Ft Brown) handling UAC. US Coast Guard medical teams are assisting with the screening process, and providing healthcare evaluations for the sick and injured.

Occupational health and safety guidance has been provided to for CBP personnel in the handling of subjects with signs of health-related symptoms. Our workforce has been provided and encouraged to use personal protective gear including latex or non-latex gloves, long-sleeve shirts, and to take precaution including frequent hand washing.

Yes, it would appear, DHS as it Head Stuck In A Very Dark Place!
ABC 15 NOT FOXNEWS
Now if this doesn't get you thinking, the next page I'm posting should.
If you live in a southern State close to the Border or in an area where Our Government is Just Dumping These People.
If you have young Children, You might want to get Involved!

While scabies is nasty it's not cholora or small pox or scarlet fever.
Small pox has nearly been eradicated due to vaccinations. Cholera and scarlet fever are treatable now. If you want to worry, worry more about the people coming over and not about what they're bringing with them .

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

"A mother and child told CHANNEL 5 NEWS that the message being disseminated in their country is, "go to America with your child, you won't be turned away."

This has turned into an absolute nightmare. We are overwhelmed trying to process these people, facilities are over crowded with people sleeping all over the floors, sitting elbow to elbow, bringing in diseases etc. And both countries are encouraging this.

Bercian Diaz said she has no family in the United States. Her hope of staying here relies on her little girl. She said the message in her country is that America's borders are open to all families.

www.krgv.com...-KnQWNozE.twitter
edit on 7-6-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We are overwhelmed trying to process these people, facilities are over crowded with people sleeping all over the floors, sitting elbow to elbow, bringing in diseases etc.

Well ... as bad as things seem to be in Murka right now, I guess the old adage that there's someone somewhere worse off than you ... is true.

olaru12 (above) has his/her finger on the pulse of the problem. Doesn't matter what the problem is at the moment, it will be ignored by those who are above the law, as long as they continue to profit.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yep, it's all always about money. Can't argue with that!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's time we get anal about border protection and travel visas. But our so called reps are too busy taking payouts from corporations. You cannot treat the symptom and expect a cure. Just make sure that your stupid lawmakers don't accidentally point the cameras to the US side of the border when they make the fortifications.

-

On the contrary immigration isn't a problem. Illegal immigration is the problem and it has no face, creed or color.
Fix the leak and the taboo of hunting down people on the basis of their appearance will disappear along with it.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It will still get blamed on the people who are against vaccinations. Just watch. As long as any nation has open borders the risk of disease will be infinite and vaccinations will have to be continued.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Interesting that before the nightmare of turning babies into pin cushions in the name of vaccination and safety, we grew up with nothing more than the regular chicken pox vaccine and polio wasn't available until you were already in middle school.

Also while skin diseases were all over and we as children used to play in our backyards and in the mud we seemed to have better immune systems to fight infections.

I remember as a child I had all kind of skin scabs and we didn't care, they will go away on their own.

Now people worry so much about infections, and for a good reason our immune systems are not what it used to be.

Big pharma is making a killing with vaccinations this days using the scaremongering of how old diseases are coming back, top that with the scare of infections coming from south of the border thanks to illegal immigrants and they are ready to inject you and your children with whatever concoction is out there ready to be use.

With soo many vaccinations today as the US is leader in vaccines we should be immune to everything, but sadly we are not as safe as we think.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I travel a lot, and I can tell you there is an invasion slowly going on now. In the past weeks I have been in Texas to Arizona, to southern California up to Washington state... At almost every fuel, truckstop along those routes there were bus loads of mostly very young, mostly south American immigrants. Apparently this is under order of the current administration, and they are being distributed to various states this way... I have never seen anything like this before. I used the facilities at one of these stops because I had to... I've been sick with flu like symptoms for the last 4 days... I'm not making that connection, but after seeing this thread and with my own personal observations it seems like a possibility now.

The numbers are staggering... Seriously... Be careful where you stop if you travel the roads..

IMO
edit on 8-6-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
I travel a lot, and I can tell you there is an invasion slowly going on now. In the past weeks I have been in Texas to Arizona, to southern California up to Washington state... At almost every fuel, truckstop along those routes there were bus loads of mostly very young, mostly south American immigrants. Apparently this is under order of the current administration, and they are being distributed to various states this way... I have never seen anything like this before. I used the facilities at one of these stops because I had to... I've been sick with flu like symptoms for the last 4 days... I'm not making that connection, but after seeing this thread and with my own personal observations it seems like a possibility now.

The numbers are staggering... Seriously... Be careful where you stop if you travel the roads..

IMO

Yes be very careful, and when you see a person with brown skin and a sombrero and moustache remember to put on your gas mask!

this thread is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Dude, I have no issues with Hispanics, or immigrants. The policy directives from this administration are responsible for this mess.

I don't blame these people for exploiting any way they can find into this country in search of a better life, and opportunity they may not have in their own country. It is NOT their fault.

They are the tragic victims of politics, as are we... There has to be a better way to legally enter the USA.

It's your presumptuous attitude that is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

ausername made a harmless reply and observation and you turn it into a race thing. Not good!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Just another reason for Pharmaceuticals to profit as a direct result of yet another money profiteering based agenda.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

In reference to muse7 , my friend Night Star you know as well as me, they can only support Obama and Never Find Fault in his Judgement.
So,,, when muse7 has nothing to come back with that would be of help to his why of thinking, then all he / she has is.

They have to run to the same place the Administration and the Media Run when they can't defend their actions.

Besides muse7 did you not get the MEMO?
Their Free to Come into America With Out Documentation per the Obama Administration.

On Saturday, Maria, who preferred not to give her last name and the names of her two daughters, stopped at the El Paso Greyhound station Downtown.

Maria is a Guatemalan undocumented immigrant. She said she was too nervous to remember dates and details of how and where she was detained.

She added that she was on her way to Tennessee to reunite with her sister.

Maria said that before being released from immigration custody, immigration officials communicated with her sister to arrange travel plans to Tennessee.

"Immigration told me, 'You are free, you can leave,' " Maria said.

Linky
What Medical Exam?
edit on 8-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Sounds like a prelude to total amnesty.

The Administration is spreading the "problem" around to achieve a "no solution" situation.

They are very clever.

Very dangerous.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What is worse (or more clever depending on perspective) is they are forcing this on states that are already overwhelmed.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
it's not just immigrants legal or illegal that is the problem. i know about a case where tuberculosis was imported into the US via an ex-pat's child brought back to the US knowing the child had it. the child has always been a US citizen, so they are not an "immigrant" at all. all they did was have the kid declared disease free by a doctor, who just happened to be a relative helping them out, via fraudulent test results.

but lets be honest about things ANYONE who travels outside the country at all could unknowingly bring in disease. they might think they are "just under the weather" with a cold, or even have gotten it but haven't shown any symptoms yet. this is why people who travel to certain countries, like where i am are banned from donating blood for at least 6 months or longer, because there is concern that they might be unknowing carriers of disease that could be passed through the blood like Malaria or Dengue fever both of which have no cure. you could even catch something in an airplane or any airport in the world and have no clue until after you have returned. unfortunately there really isn't an effective way to stop it. what can you do just blanket ban any and all travel outside of the country, as well as ban ANYBODY from outside of the country from entering it? what do you do, just close down all borders, put up a "Berlin wall", and shoot and kill anyone who tries to enter? oh and that would also mean stopping ALL imported items from outside the country as well since that is another source for contamination (not to mention invasive species).

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

Try leaving the USA legally for another country without proper immunizations, vaccinations, etc. Some destinations require specific immunizations, screening etc. And you may be subject to screening upon returning home...

If you just open the gates and let people (most coming from extreme poverty) come in, then you must accept the risks and costs that come with that.

If you can't see how this can be dangerous without trying to make a political point then I can't help you. If someone you know or care about contracted a serious infection from a reckless policy like this how would you react then?

If these people want in, let them in, if the Obama administration wants that, then there should be a process the immigrants go through to assure they aren't carriers of infectious diseases or parasites, and if they are get them treated before they are released into the population... Let them also find a way to.pay for that without forcing it on the states.

IMO

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join