It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want a 'dealing with terrorists' conspiracy - try this on for size

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
It depends on the reason. Terrorism isn't about the action, it's about using violent methods to force political change. If someone goes and shoots up a WalMart because they hate the company it's not terrorism, it's just a criminal action. If you shoot up a WalMart because you're protesting abortion it's terrorism.

I've stayed out of this - twice tried to reply to an earlier post and lost my work so gave up.

The couple in Nevada were politically motivated - dumb as f*** but politically motivated. If that is the sole designation of terrorism - violent methods to force political change - then the USA and many other nations are Terrorist States.

And now we get to the problem with the definition of terrorism. Virtually everything is political in nature. Any reason has some basis in a political choice. These people were anti government but as far as I'm aware they didn't really have a specific goal in mind, they just wanted the feds to go down.

Either way, even if I can't articulate it all terrorism is crime, but not all crime is terrorism and we shouldn't let it be labeled as such.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
From the "liberal Alternet'...that says it all.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
For those you who want to know more about Iran Contra here's a documentary:

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join