It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football field sized UFO stops 2 Alabama I-20 vehicles. 01-20-14

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Cydonia2012

Nothing personal, but I think this "view" is rapidly becoming dated. There are people in the world who presumably have no grasp of human psychology, or cannot visualize it. Presumably these are the same people that persistently yell "pics or it didn't happen!". Really, it should be "pics because I can't believe human psychological effects exist".

So you're out one night with your phone and then this giant green real alien jumps out in front of you, do you take a photo or do you piss yourself? I'm pretty sure of which... No matter how hardened you think you are, when humans see something they've never seen before that defies everything they've been taught - taking a photo on a #ty phone with awful Lux capability is the last thing on most people's minds, seriously..!

Perhaps if this witness had had a dashcam, there would be some evidence. But you simply don't understand the brevity of certain encounters if you really think it can be snapped on a camera. Yes, when a small dot of light is hovering for 5 minutes in the distance, we see plenty of those videos. Not a lot scary about that. But if it's something that's 50 feet away from you and the size of a football pitch, do you really, humanly believe it would be as "easy" to capture as the tiny non-interfering dot in the sky was?

Think of a UFO experience of this nature in this light: You're climbing a cliff face and you lose your grip. The feelings you experience then are similarly overwhelming. You are driving a car and a kid runs out in front of you and you slam on your brakes and narrowly avoid killing them, the few moments after are as overwhelming. In both those high-octane situations the last thing you're doing is reaching for your phone. A final example, you're face to face with a Black Mumba. Are you going to be reaching for your phone or keeping constant eye on its unpredictable nature? Same applies when there's a gigantic object you've never seen or heard of before in your personal space.

Please, please try and apply some consideration of how perplexing and complicated those moments can be, and how "in control" people really are during a fantastic sighting (they generally aren't). That said, I do believe something like dashcams may well provide some very cool evidence in the near future, it didn't happen this time, and like many cases, you just have to rely on what's written. Take it or leave it - because that's simply more mature than demanding pics, even questioning them is daft, why? Because it was clearly just an overwhelming experience if it really did happen. Seems some people need that psychology in black and white before they'll even consider it.
edit on 9-6-2014 by markymint because: added opinion

edit on 9-6-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I came here for pretty pictures.

Maybe there was a glitch in the matrix, and she saw it. That or she's, erm... cooky.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Is it just me, or are we beginning to hear more and more reports of these things? There are just to many eyewitness reports of these thing been seen to discount the phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Difficult to say. I feel like triangles have been seen relatively commonly for a long time. But it may be that they are getting more common. Going through some UFO sighting databases could give some answers...then again not all of the sightings get reported.

I've been going through the FUFORA databases recently. I'm actualy thinking about making a thread about the some of the more noteworthy Finnish cases on ATS but I want to do my homework so to say. I've gotten only to 350 or so cases out of ~1500 cases which have been documented when the electronic database was put up in 2008 or so. Anyway I've been really suprised how many of the non-lights in the sky/anecdote from 70's type of reports are about triangles or boomerang shaped craft.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
2-3 am is not a time when most cell phones and even most cameras a person might have on them can take a picture of anything useful, and without a tripod, even a good camera would be pretty useless unless it had some night vision/filtering capabilities. This is described as a triangular outline against the stars, not some giant lit up amusement park ride. Flash would not even reach such an object.

Whether or not it is a hoax is one thing, but why there aren't pics, and why there wasn't lots of traffic is pretty evident from the time in the OP. Two cars on the road and nobody gets a picture at 2 am is pretty understandable.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Is it just me, or are we beginning to hear more and more reports of these things? There are just to many eyewitness reports of these thing been seen to discount the phenomenon.

I would say less. or less credible the more the technology advances

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I feel you are correct. More people are seeing them. I personally think they may have a few air frames operational that are of older prototype design and the ones seen lately are the new designs or prototypes being tested and are about to go operational soon too. I don't think these triangles operate on the same propulsion system that say a jet engine. They also don't make contact with the air from what I can tell. They are indeed very very fast. And I believe are used as recon platforms. Maybe even ground to space platforms for whatever reason.

But, not that my word means anything here, I can vouch that they do exist and it is not a hoax. Can't say what they are up to but I believe wholeheartedly that they are American. Most likely owned not buy the govt. or military but by private entities.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This thread is the "hottest" UFO topic at ATS right now? Hopefully it's the lull before the storm and we'll have a REAL, VERIFIED, FILMED UFO sighting soon.

Before hitting this thread, I was reviewing the news and accounts of the big meteor that exploded over Russia last year. The event only lasted a few seconds, but was filmed by many video cameras.

If a REAL UFO were to appear in the sky for any length of time, we'd certainly have one than one witness, and probably several videos. Has anything like this (multiple witnesses and videos of an object) ever occurred? I've not seen anything on ATS.
-cwm

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not a video in this one only a picture, but multiple witnesses according to local news papers and reports.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATSZOMBIE
Looks to me like she was high on crack coc aine or meth? Why do we even keep these forums open any more?! SHUT IT DOWN.

I guess because people like you seem to love reading and commenting on this Forum!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

INDEED.

Some of us have predicted for decades an incremental ratcheting up of the 'evidence' until it's full bore in our faces on the nightly news every night and options for true freedom have sunk to hell, literally.

I've been amazed at how carefully calibrated the incremental increases in overt, daytime etc. 'sightings' have become.

More to come.

This text by Redfern, imho, describes best what's going on . . .

NICK REDFERN

FINAL EVENTS SECRET GOVERNMENT DEMONIC UFOS AND AFTERLIFE

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1400863862&sr=1-4&keywords= nick+redfern

VATICAN ET SIGNALS

inthecapital.streetwise.co...

VATICAN ASTRONOMER WOULD BAPTIZE ALIENS SPEAKS AT GEORGETOWN

DEMONS, SOULS, THE MATRIX AND THE PENTEGON . . . UFOS ETC.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

A RELIGIOUS DECEPTION?

PACTS OF THE FAUSTIAN KIND:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Some folks are likely feeling terminally threatened by that which they cannot personally !!!CONTROL!!!

The knee-jerk trashing of reliable first person experience reports has always seemed more than a little ignorant, to me.

But then I've spent 30+ years of professional life listening to personal narratives in counseling. One learns to filter out the senseless blather.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I agree, from the feelings that many seem to have I have concluded that the head in the sand is often for the same reason that an ostrich does it. fear, if they don't admit to anything odd, unusual outside their norm they feel safe. They also feel compelled to read these subjects and sneer because it makes them feel safe.

I think the rest of us feel safer investigating and knowing as much as we can.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: BO XIAN

I agree, from the feelings that many seem to have I have concluded that the head in the sand is often for the same reason that an ostrich does it. fear, if they don't admit to anything odd, unusual outside their norm they feel safe. They also feel compelled to read these subjects and sneer because it makes them feel safe.

I think the rest of us feel safer investigating and knowing as much as we can

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Knowledge of the most probable facts may be inconclusive insurance . . . but it tends to proffer more options for courses of action than knowing little or nothing.

Also, it tends to decrease the likelihood &/or duration of the deer=in-the-headlights phenomenon . . . during which one can be victimized a number of different ways.

imho, folks who are blathering endlessly and so stridently about "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" are setting themselves up to be immobilized in a prolonged state of catatonia when freaky things start falling out of the sky right and left and on the nightly news.

They will have to cope with their terminal willful ignorance and stupidity as well as with the dramatic sea change and paradigm shift in tangible reality.

What will they lean on then?

Where will their demanded "UFO on the White House lawn" get them then?

How proud will they be of their "criteria for proof" then?

If the critters knock their door down with the local police in order to usher the HARD PROOF DEMANDING Eloi off to the caverns of the Morlachs for dinner . . . how useful will their DEMANDS FOR PROOF be then?

Some Jews didn't need greater levels of "hard proof" to know they needed to leave Germany ASAP and saved themselves and their families accordingly. Others, who had insisted that there "was no proof about the death camps" were convinced that the box cars carrying them to the death camps were carrying them to a wonderful new life and new work.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join