It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible suspected shooter in Halifax/Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

@McgrawCory 1m
Police maintaining positions and barricades. Still an active scene. @globalhalifax #halifax #dartmouth pic.twitter.com/mUuo5dXOvZ

MOD EDIT

CBC report here

edit on Sat Jun 7 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: amraks
Is there any brothels in that area could this be the same situation that happened in Australia...

just a few days ago...
Burnside is an industrial area. No brothels....that anyone would be aware of...lol

link   

originally posted by: stirling
This is getting interesting....perhaps a new social phenomina is in the offing......
pissed off citizens with guns.....
maybe we are simply seeing the trend.....at first the crazies get driven to violence, because they are closer to the edge.....then....as things progress well maybe see the saner types lose it with the heavy handed type of policing we now suffer under.....

I've been saying this for a while. As the economy collapses further and people get more desperate, people who were considered sane but fringe, will start to lose-it individually. As the situation deteriorates, more people will lose-it. Eventually, it will become almost epidemic and the targeting more specific towards the people perceived as wronging others on a mass scale. It seems to be the result of collective frustration with the corruption and unfairness. As the heavy handedness, unfairness and corruption increases, I think we are going to see this type of behavior becoming organized. If the government, any government continues to push the envelope, I think they are going to find the envelope will start pushing back, harder.

Our corrupt court/legal system offers no solution and if reasonable people can't find a peaceful solution, it's unfortunate but the only option left is a violent one. I, in no way support or advocate violence, but it seems that will be the trend and outcome.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

@vincent217w 59s
HRPD presence ; automatic guns drawn on Windmill Rd in #Dartmouth. Canine unit/Tact team Hunt Armed Man @CTVAtlantic pic.twitter.com/xe07mWF6LJ

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
I don't know about that man. Lately been hearing about a lot of stabbings, beatings and shootings coming from moncton. Seems to have really picked up the last two years for some reason.

As for this incident, I got family around the market in NS, haven't heard anything from them yet about this one.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

A number of police officers have descended on a Halifax-area business over reports of a man with a gun.

Peter Giberson, with Dartmouth Metals, a salvage yard in the Burnside industrial park, told CBC News police asked his employees to leave the building while they investigated the reports.

Giberson said he didn't see anyone with a gun.

A worker at Dartmouth Metals was seen leaving the building under heavy police surveillance. He told CBC News that he didn't leave with the other employees because he didn't realize the severity of the situation.

The drama was still taking place at 2 p.m. AT Saturday.

The salvage yard is on Dawn Drive. An employee at another business on the street told CBC News that police told him to stay inside and that they were on lockdown.

The man said he saw police dogs heading up the street.

The drama has been unfolding since about noon.

Yolanda Biddulph was leaving the Tim Hortons on nearby Windmill Road when police blocked off a section of the street. She said she saw heavily armed police.

"They got out and surrounded the Cold Beer store, the brewery," she told CBC News.

A worker at the Cold Beer store told CBC News that he saw multiple ambulances travelling along Windmill Road.

Police are speaking to employees of some businesses in the area.

UPDATED
Dartmouth, N.S. business surrounded by police amid report of gunman

CRIPES, Peter Giberson is my cousin's husband. I hope everyone is OK!

edit on 6/7/2014 by Kennit because: Realized familial connection

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

originally posted by: amraks
Is there any brothels in that area could this be the same situation that happened in Australia...

just a few days ago...
Burnside is an industrial area. No brothels....that anyone would be aware of...lol

Just noticed that on the photo looks industrial

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

@globalnews 5m
#DEVELOPING Police lock down #Dartmouth industrial park after reports of gunman ow.ly...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

@JWongGlobalNews 1m
Men being taken into custody.
#dartmouth pic.twitter.com/l5hSh2uC0u

Vine - May be hard to see but taking man into custody. He is in handcuffs #dartmouth
edit on 6/7/2014 by Kennit because: Identified link as Vine.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

@McgrawCory 1m
Another guy put in cuffs and his car searched. @globalhalifax #halifax #dartmouth pic.twitter.com/HtYWfnKHjo

edit on 6/7/2014 by Kennit because: Edited to show it was from a reporter.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

@McgrawCory 3m
Search turned up tools only. Man released. Still active scene. @globalhalifax #halifax #dartmouth pic.twitter.com/bvUJ4K1yyu

The search continues.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

@JWongGlobalNews 1m
Cops tell media someone will be coming soon to do interviews and give us details. #dartmouth

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I wonder,if someone actually saw somebody with a gun,or it simply looked that way. Too many frazzled nerves and everyone still on the edge.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I wonder,if someone actually saw somebody with a gun,or it simply looked that way. Too many frazzled nerves and everyone still on the edge.

Police were called out because an armed man was seen in the park and on the roof of a business. It was reported that shots were fired but with no injuries.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kennit

So a copycat? Oh geez... Ok waiting for the update.Thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Kennit

So a copycat? Oh geez... Ok waiting for the update.Thanks

I don't know if it's a copycat or not. With no injuries reported and no discernible target identified, it could be just about anything. (I'm really, really hoping it's not a copycat.)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So far here, all that has been reported on the idiotbox is that a man was seen with a shotgun on a roof, which prompted someone to call the cops.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
So far here, all that has been reported on the idiotbox is that a man was seen with a shotgun on a roof, which prompted someone to call the cops.

That's what we're getting now too.

@JWongGlobalNews 1m
Police only received one report of a man with a rifle. No other witnesses report seeing such a sight #dartmouth

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

@JWongGlobalNews · 12m
Police are checking a compound. HRP spokesperson says so far no officers have sighted a man with a gun #dartmouth

@JWongGlobalNews · 11m
They will check then if nothing is found, will clear the area. Police don't expect search will take much longer #dartmouth

@JWongGlobalNews · 11m
At this point they don't know whether there was actually a person with a gun or if that person has left the area #dartmouth

This manhunt now feels like that point in GTA when you hide behind a wall and your wanted stars disappear.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
With this happening in the Burnside industrial,I'd be inclined to speculate someone saw what they thought was a man on a roof with a shotgun,but could in fact have been a roofer carrying a tool,and the shots fired sound him using it. Hubby was a steel roofer in Hali for a company out of burnside. Just a brainstormed thought between the two of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join