It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible suspected shooter in Halifax/Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Police focus has moved to Dawn Street off Windmill. #cbcmar pic.twitter.com/t77cbvJDmL

Suspected shooter in Halifax/Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Only days after Justin Bourque is caught, there is now a situation developing in the Burnside/Akerley area of Dartmouth. Word on FB (unofficial) is that a shooter is in the area. People nearby have been told to stay inside. So far, the only media coverage has been by Richard Cuthbertson and Elizabeth Chiu via the #cbcns and #cbcmar hashtags.

Windmill Rd had been previously blocked off but traffic is flowing now. The cops have moved to the Dawn Dr. area and are moving in with rifles. I don't understand why this is happening again, especially here in the Maritimes.

@Elizabeth Chiu

@Richard Cuthbertson
edit on 6/7/2014 by Kennit because: Edited thread title as it is speculative at this point

MOD EDIT

CBC report here

edit on Sat Jun 7 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is getting interesting....perhaps a new social phenomina is in the offing......
pissed off citizens with guns.....
maybe we are simply seeing the trend.....at first the crazies get driven to violence, because they are closer to the edge.....then....as things progress well maybe see the saner types lose it with the heavy handed type of policing we now suffer under.....

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My friend's mom works in the Burnside Business Park. All we've heard so far is that shots have been fired but no injuries yet reported (thank the gods).

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
This is getting interesting....perhaps a new social phenomina is in the offing......
pissed off citizens with guns.....
maybe we are simply seeing the trend.....at first the crazies get driven to violence, because they are closer to the edge.....then....as things progress well maybe see the saner types lose it with the heavy handed type of policing we now suffer under.....

We don't really tend to suffer from heavy-handed policing much here in the Maritimes. My bet is that this shooter is cracked up too.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

@ChiuCBC
Police presence focused on Dartmouth Metals Ltd. Worker at car dealership says she sees police in tactical gear with guns drawn. #cbcmar

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kennit
Wait until it gets worse, then people will organize in bands, then the military will be called in, then...
You see where this will inevitably go.
Keep those you love close, and be careful who you love.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Double post...
So.. umm ..
CHOP SUEY!!
edit on 7-6-2014 by g146541 because: chop suey

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Halifax is more pron to violence then Moncton as a rule .I think it has more to do with the Port and the drugs that seem to come from that direction .It could be drug related I suppose .If it's another cop killer ,things will get really harry .Is there anyone shot yet op ?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Global News's Cory McGraw reports:

@McgrawCory · 15m
Two workers evacuated from a local business tell me police evacuated them because of reports of one or two armed men in area. #halifax

@McgrawCory · 19m
Several businesses in the area have been evacuated. @globalhalifax #halifax #dartmouth

Vine - Police vehicles continue to dash in and out of barricaded area.

So, there is the possibility of multiple armed men. Story still breaking.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Halifax is more pron to violence then Moncton as a rule .I think it has more to do with the Port and the drugs that seem to come from that direction .It could be drug related I suppose .If it's another cop killer ,things will get really harry .Is there anyone shot yet op ?

That makes sense, but this isn't happening near the port. It's up in the Burnside park area. There's some ammo place for the military out past there, isn't there? On the way to Lower Sackville past the MacKay bridge?

Why would they target a business park in Dartmouth as opposed to any of the targets on the Halifax side?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Perhaps a robbery going bad?
The frequency is a little unnerving though....are we gatting the old false flag treatment like they get down south from time to time?...Maybe....

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There are a lot of drug deals that go down in Burnside park .I seen somewhere there were abbulances that were heading in that direction . a reply to: Kennit

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

@McgrawCory · 38s
Armed officers are maintaining their positions around barricaded area. @globalhalifax #halifax #dartmouth

Cory also posted a photo of an officer in a bulletproof vest running to the scene.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

@Jon_OnAir · 7m
It's confirmed there is police and tactical units in place but location is unknown. #Dartmouth

@Jon_OnAir · 5m
Confirmed police have guns are drawn. #Dartmouth

@Jon_OnAir · 4m
Some journalist being told to move back. May be in line of fire. #Dartmouth

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Jon Munn @Jon_OnAir · 13s
A man has been ordered by police to exit a business with hands in the air. #Dartmouth

@McgrawCory · 35s
Police just ordered an from a business with his hands in the air. @globalhalifax #halifax #dartmouth

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

@ChiuCBC · 19s
Workers at Dartmouth Metals tell CBC there was a man on the roof with a gun -- he then entered into the building. #cbcmar

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

@McgrawCory · 4m
Man has been let to by police.

@CH_mgorman 6m
That man is now walking away. Appears to be a worker.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

@Jon_OnAir · now
Police allegedly still searching for gunman. #Dartmouth

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Is there any brothels in that area could this be the same situation that happened in Australia...

just a few days ago...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I sincerely hope this isn't someones idea of a sick joke. Seriously,incidents like moncton bring out the copycat attention seekers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join