It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video captures lightning striking moving truck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Have you all seen this yet? Pretty nuts! In slow motion, you can see the wave of the sonic boom rush towards the camera moments before the lightning nails the truck. Dont worry, everyones ok.

Yahoo

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Perhaps it's just me but It looks as though the lightening " just " missed the truck?

Spiro

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

I have no idea.

The source video quality, while interesting, leaves much to the imagination.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Dick Cheney on another hunting expedition, pre-emptive strike.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
thats why i am paranoid driving on a bike while there is thunder...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It did hit the truck...follow this link for a news report with enhanced footage and still photos. The lightning also left craters in the road; also shown in the news report at the link below.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ok stupid question time....you can always rely on me!

I thought lightning always struck the highest object from the ground....so if that's the case, then why did it not strike the pylons?

Serious stupid question, honest.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

It did hit the truck...follow this link for a news report with enhanced footage and still photos. The lightning also left craters in the road; also shown in the news report at the link below.

www.cnn.com...

Thanks.

To me, and perhaps its just me....again...but, the lightening strike struck the road to create the holes in the road and should it have struck the truck it would have disabled the electrics and brought the truck to a stop. No? Yes? The super duper still images don't really show it striking the truck TBH. That's what the impression I get from the CNN video story anyway

Besides, it's CNN

Spiro
edit on 7-6-2014 by Spiro because: someone pinched my dictionary

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MysteriousHusky

Indeed, it's one of those videos that looks like it either does or it doesn't. To me, the evidence says it doesn't

Spiro

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon
Ok stupid question time....you can always rely on me!

I thought lightning always struck the highest object from the ground....so if that's the case, then why did it not strike the pylons?

Serious stupid question, honest.

I also remember hearing something about how lightning won't hit cars since the tires are rubber, therefore leaving the lightning with no path to follow... Same idea as why birds don't get electrocuted while sitting on power lines, right? Because they're not connected to anything the electricity can form a path out of?
edit on 6/7/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
holy!!! What unreal footage (not meaning it's fake, just wow!!) Glad no body was hurt...well their ears & head might have hurt. Maybe even soiled themselves.

Having spent the first 6yrs of my life living in Alberta, I was terrified of thunderstorms. I've seen two lightning strikes at close range living there. One was a light post at the swimming pool across the street from me & the other was in the middle of the school day, lightning hit one of the football uprights of the shared field between the high school & elementary school. When the storm hit the teacher had the class under our desks. It was pretty terrifying, loud & everything shook.

new topics

top topics

join