It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehall, MT residents: Gold in drinking water near (YELLOW STONE)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Speaking of having gold in something you drink, anyone remember this?

Goldschläger

Goldschläger is a Swiss cinnamon schnapps (43.5% alcohol by volume or 87 proof; originally it was 53.5% alcohol or 107 proof),[1] a liqueur with very thin, yet visible flakes of gold floating in it. The actual amount of gold has been measured at approximately 13 mg in a 1-Litre bottle of Goldschläger.[2] As of November 2012 this amounts to €0.56 EUR or lower on the international gold market.[3]

Goldschläger was produced in Switzerland until the 1990s, when the brand was acquired by Diageo, which continued production of Goldschläger schnapps in Italy.[1] Since 2008 it is a brand of Global Brands[4] and produced in Switzerland again.[5] The German word Goldschläger ("gold beater"[6]) designates the profession of gold leaf makers, who beat bars of gold into micrometre-thin sheets.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Bronze from the bushing inside there pump.

i have seen this many times as pumps wear out.

i have recovered gold from mine water using wood chips and septic tank activator but it takes years to recover a ounce.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
I don't think it's from the water source as the water is filtered several times and a crack in the pipe after the filtering would show more than just gold, so it's probably from some plating coming lose and will show not to be gold, also gold is heavy and should not be possible to come all the way out.

I once had silver flakes in my water which turned out to be from a pump in the apartment building i was living in.

Per the source ...

They ran multiple tests on the flakes and found one of the most precious metals on earth -- gold -- was coming out of the tap. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

They claim they tested it.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hmmmmm I live in Ennis, much closer to Yellowstone than Whitehall is, and my water is all well water. I have yet to find gold in it
Gonna have to keep a closer eye out I guess! However, this area is well known as having gold in it, lots of gold found in the streams around here and mined in the past. Virginia City, some 10 miles or so from here, was the original capital of Montana because of the gold rush here.
Nice to see some news from this area!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: amraks

the article states that they tested it and it showed as gold. But, my question is that tehey state that it appears as shiny metal flakes. I am an avid prospector, I have been prospecting and gold panning since I was a kid, over 30 years. I have never found gold that appears shiny or metallic. Gold, even in "flake" form, is dule and malleable. It does not appear as a metallic flake and definitely is not shiny. But again, if they tested it then I guess I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Joki42

Yup gold specs are hard to spot to the untrained eye..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join