It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unsolved Mystery of China’s Dwarf Village (interesting)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Yangsi, a remote village in southwest China’s Sichuan Province, has baffling scientists for decades. Around 40 percent of its inhabitants are several heads shorter than the average human being. 36 of the village’s 80 residents are dwarfs – the tallest one is about 3 ft. 10 inches tall and the shortest, 2 ft. 1 inch. That’s too large a percentage to be categorized as random occurrence, but so far no one has been able to provide a better explanation.

Today, because of the large number of height-challenged residents, Yangsi is known as the ‘Village of Dwarfs’. According to village elders, their peaceful, happy life was ruined on a summer night many years ago, when a vile disease struck the region. Several locals suffered from a mysterious condition that mainly affected young children between the ages of 5 and 7. These children just stopped growing, remaining at the same height for the rest of their lives. Apart from their inability to grow taller, some of the victims also suffered from various disabilities

Source: www.odditycentral.com...

Say what you want but I can't help but feel these folks are decentants of past vistors to Earth. If you look at the Chinese history, it just seems they got help from someone/something that allowed them to progress the way they did over time.

And, you put the China Pyramids in, the ringed/etched stone disc's etc etc etc. Interesting video as well. In Chinese but a good look.

And, even the China Gov't is putting a certain level of importance on them as well, it seems.

Also, you think of the Egyptians and the emphysis they put on dwarf's/short people etc. Many believe Aliens were involved there as well.

Then onto Peru/Cental America. Hmmm.

edit on 6/7/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72

pfft .... aliens

I'd rather press on the government, what experiments were being held in the area.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Im surprised China has not sent them back to Azeroth.

S&F - an interesting read/watch/topic.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
hehehehhehe funny one OP!
But i think it could also be a genetic "drift", the village might be in some kind of isolation, and people couple toguether between the inhabitants, so the dwarf genes get more visibility, inbreeding (or genetic drift) usualy takes to the birth of individuals that show rare deceases or recessive genes. Like when cousins get married and have children , if there is a genetic anomaly it has more probability that the descendents show that (recessive) characteristic.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

I believe the Chinese Gov't did that and determined there was something more or else at play. Hence the mystery?

I know what you are saying, of course. Simple science but... not on this one.

IMO, of course.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I would avoid drinking the water if I ever found myself in that neck of the woods. It seems like it would be easy enough to find out if this is genetic or caused by toxins.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
China seems to have an interesting past..

These small people...
The group that has European features (blond hair / green eyes).
Terracotta Army
Pyramids
A supposed ancient / antediluvian city buried in China's west regions.

We should petition the UN to create a treaty that allows scientific (all areas) research / excavations zones that are non restricted (unlike Egypt and the Pyramids). Any information / pictures etc are public domain and no evidence can be hidden / spun. Governments can protect the site / assist in excavation.

Personally speaking these areas / discoveries should not be treated like the host country owns them and only applies to them. These discoveries are a part of the history of our species / planet and affects everyone.

A long shot? maybe but its a good idea imo.
edit on 7-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Did not the Chinese create this village as a tourist attraction? I know they for sure did create one with small houses and streets etc and filled them with little people.

There are many more pictures and descriptions of this place online by searching for "Dwarf Village"
c/o dwarfvillage
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I like all this small talk.

But, anyway, I have never heard of this! I've been to Hong Kong and read a lot and such..and poof!! This is the first time I've heard about theis villiage..amazing!!

S & F !!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RUFFREADY

You see check out all the photos on line...too many for me to post....

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks, I'll do that!!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
An Idiot Abroad

Heres a linky to Karl Pilkingtons tv show, he visited the Dwarf Villiage. It was a good program and hes a funny guy. Series 1 & 2 were the best, 3 was ok.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

If you look at the Chinese history, it just seems they got help from someone/something that allowed them to progress the way they did over time. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lol wait , so because they are dwarves they arent as smart as other societies and MUST have had alien intervention?

Thats a bit insulting.......

come on George Sikalos.........just because its unsual doesnt mean its aliens

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I believe the cause is a form of genetic defect continuous inbreeding magnifies recessive genes. I wonder if new blood was introduced would the numbers of dwarf children diminish?

Its a new novel variation of Small pox .

Okay this is a perfect place for this

new topics

top topics

join