It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you fall on The Political Compass

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
...That's very Zen of you - refuse the battle.

Hey - Thanks!
Don't think I've ever been complimented/belittled that way, before.
I guess this is a new experience, all around.

BTW - Any idea why it gave me no result past "All Done. Thanks."?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
One block left one block down almost dead center, and right where I thought I would be.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Nowhere .. am an anarchist ..

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Slightly right wing and libertarian.

politicalcompass.org...

I did this test a few years ago and was very slightly left leaning that time. I think as I've aged I've realized a lot of people are bad and can't be rehabilitated, which accounts for my swing to the right.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I wish one of the answers was "who cares". There are more possibilities than agree or disagree.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.67

Not that I am sure what this means....

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Politics is division. You're doing all the work for them.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Funny to see all the famous plotted figures leaving this quadrant completely empty.

This is where I was in 2008 another time this was posted:

Libertarian Right Economic Left/Right: 5.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85
thread

Slight change but still firmly in the lower right.

More liberal than Gandhi.
edit on 7-6-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You and I appear to sit in the same place on the graph.

It is a meaningless graph though, because some of the questions, and rather important ones at that, cannot be answered clearly with any of the four options offered. One has to choose an answer which does not technically represent ones actual opinion on the matter being dealt with.

Another important question which was left off the compass questionnaire, was "how do you feel about the idea that a persons political and economic preferences can be measured by a multiple choice survey".

If there had been such a query, I would have answered "what utter bunkum!"

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Where do you fall on The Political Compass

I tossed mine out the window years ago, because I knew that it was all BS, and an illusion for the weak minded.

Pick a side, cause they are both bought and paid for by the same master.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Interesting test, but I think there are a fair amount of people who have left leaning views on some things and right leaning views on others. I am one of those. I agree that the questions are sort of left leaning. Not sure how objective the test is but interesting find.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Nowhere .. am an anarchist ..

Anarchist would fall with Libertarianism. Take the test and see where you fall.... you may be surprised as I was.
edit on 7-6-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Interesting test, but I think there are a fair amount of people who have left leaning views on some things and right leaning views on others. I am one of those. I agree that the questions are sort of left leaning. Not sure how objective the test is but interesting find.

The extent of the tests questions allow for the possiblity of having differing position on different issues and take that into calculation.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I tend not to do these things, but wth

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

There are many severely flawed questions in the poll. It seems to have been written by an authoritarian with little grasp on the mind of a libertarian.

For example, "Those with the ability to pay should have the right to higher standards of medical care." No, nobody has a right to any medical care. That is the libertarian position. Food, water, and medical care are not rights. Therefore those with the ability to pay should NOT have the right to higher standards of medical care. However, the author is probably interpreting the answer to mean that I think its not okay for someone with extra money to spend to buy extra medical care, which is a bad assumption. But, I'm not going to make any guesses as to what the author meant and just answer the questions.

I'm only listed as 75% libertarian 25% authoritarian which I believe is far too tilted towards authoritarianism. I think its because the questions are frequently loaded so that if you take them literally you'll be put in the wrong camp.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

some of the questions were leading into certain answers. I feel it was a little biased towards libertarian and left leaning views.

I actually consider myself slightly right of center, more towards the authoritarian side.

edit on 6 7 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

Libertarian and Authoritian are one scale -

Left and Right are another.

Saying you are 75% libertarian and 25% Authoritarian doesn't make a lot of sense on a twin axis graph. The most extreme Libertarian (on a spectrum of Libertarian to Authoritarian) is -10 and extreme Authoritarian is +10. If you make it into a single axis from 0% (being totally Authoritarian) to 100% (being totally Libertarian) being 75% Libertarian would make some sense but not both 75% Libertarian and 25% Authoritarian.

You don't even mention the Left - Right spectrum.

It would help if you read some of the material presented on the sight - it's geometry 101 and you may have forgotten some of the basics but the reading will remind you.

I wouldn't declare "the questions are flawed" until you better understand what is being presented.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

What does political mean? I'm not from this world.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Really liked the challenging questions and liked the way they make you consider the political ideals and how it truly relates to you. There were some questions that I believe have exceptions and others that require more input or choices than the ones available, but, just went with it, knowing some of the situations weren't precisely how I'd favor an issue.

I certainly agree with the outcome of this quiz.
edit on 8-6-2014 by gottaknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

Interesting test, and for me pretty accurate.
Nice find

mine was very similar to this last I took it...almost dead center

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join