Twitter Chews Up Obama after Gum Gaffe at D-Day

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So what ..? why is this a big deal .. let him chew gum .. maybe it helps him focus ..
Others do worse things at such occasions ..

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Absolutely, so the next question is, was it less disrespectful, if Ozzy wasn't aware that he was peeing on it?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: junglimogli

Because it was a D-Day memorial, it's a very patriotic and solemn event for all the countries involved including the U.S.

It was an uncouth action and in a lot of countries it's frowned upon in public and even banned in Singapore.

"The definition of uncouth is awkward, clumsy or uncultured."

He should have known gum etiquette is a thing in parts of the world especially for the surviving members of the invasion who would have been appalled by this behaviour. Different generations had different morals and the older generation see chewing gum as disgusting behaviour. So he should have been more informed on cultural differences.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: idmonster

No it would make it less disrespectful because he was unaware of what his actions were to cause disrespect.
But he was ignorant to his surroundings so he was complicit in any negative backlash that occurred because of it.
Simply put he should have done his research before peeing reducing the risk of causing any offence.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

You're right, it's not the Crime of the Century, BUT, It Show No Respect.

Maybe he was chewing gum in solidarity withy all the soldiers who chewed gum throughout WWII?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
MODS: I used our search function, if there's a thread on this, please feel free to remove mine.

Secondly, I would like to Apologize to our Friend and Allies Over Seas for Our Presidents Attentions today.
I can tell you in China Obama Chewing Gum and Meeting the Current President and his wife would have been considered Very Disgraceful.

This just goes to show you what many here have been saying all along, Obama is a Complete Idiot and a Embarrassment To the American People.

Obama is one disrespectful wee # I'm outraged !!

Social media users tore into Barack Obama on Friday after the US president was seen chewing gum during solemn ceremonies to mark the 70th anniversary of the D-Day landings.

People took to Twitter to denounce Obama's "shameful" and "vulgar" chewing, with one user attacking him as a "lout."

"Obama do you want a Coke too while chewing gum while the Marseillaise is being played?" said toto_des_bois, referring to the French national anthem.

"The Queen arrives and you have Obama chewing gum, #DDay70" said diminou, another Twitter user.

Linky

Obama was caught on camera chewing gum while clapping during the welcome for Her Majesty the Queen. He kept chewing throughout the ceremonies, also managing to anger France. French twitter blew up (not to mention British and American reaction):

Obama Chomps

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Oh my God, Obama chewed gum, his wife is fat, his wife is a health food fascist, Obama smoked a cigarette, Obama smoked a joint, Obama bowed to the Emperor, Obama took a selfie, etc etc.

Our PM, Tony Abbott, who I can't stand, put his arm around Prince William, apparently a big no no. Julia Gillard didn't curtsie for the Queen. GW Bush winked at the Queen.

I personally can't stand Abbott, nor Bush, and Obama isn't that high on the list either. Regardless, these supposed 'huge' breaches of protocol are what I would term a 'storm in a teacup'. Despite the fact that I love the opportunity to tear into politicians, I think it not worth the time of day to focus on these trivialities.

So to translate my ramblings, 'Get a Life'. There are so many things our 'so-called world leaders' can be called out on, in my opinion, these 'transgressions' don't even rate a mention. Putin pocketing Robert Kraft's 21 carat diamond encrusted Superbowl ring is newsworthy. The rest of this crap is about as interesting as Kim Kardashian going shopping. Hell, Wynona Ryder in her trainwreck, shoplifting phase is more interesting than everything else mentioned, except for Putin and his 'You could kill someone with this' comment on the ring.
edit on 11-6-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join