Twitter Chews Up Obama after Gum Gaffe at D-Day

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
MODS: I used our search function, if there's a thread on this, please feel free to remove mine.

Secondly, I would like to Apologize to our Friend and Allies Over Seas for Our Presidents Attentions today.
I can tell you in China Obama Chewing Gum and Meeting the Current President and his wife would have been considered Very Disgraceful.

This just goes to show you what many here have been saying all along, Obama is a Complete Idiot and a Embarrassment To the American People.

Social media users tore into Barack Obama on Friday after the US president was seen chewing gum during solemn ceremonies to mark the 70th anniversary of the D-Day landings.

People took to Twitter to denounce Obama's "shameful" and "vulgar" chewing, with one user attacking him as a "lout."

"Obama do you want a Coke too while chewing gum while the Marseillaise is being played?" said toto_des_bois, referring to the French national anthem.

"The Queen arrives and you have Obama chewing gum, #DDay70" said diminou, another Twitter user.

Linky

Obama was caught on camera chewing gum while clapping during the welcome for Her Majesty the Queen. He kept chewing throughout the ceremonies, also managing to anger France. French twitter blew up (not to mention British and American reaction):

Obama Chomps

edit on 6-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

The worst part was when he emptied his pack of gum on the ground and said, "this is for my homies."

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Obama is a product of his own design.

He lives in a bubble where he is always right, where he is always important, where he is always the center of attention.

Obama has continuously shown a complete lack of respect, decorum, honor and dignity where ever he has gone.

This, sadly, is nothing new for the "me" president.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
He's just become too cocky for my liking now, chewing gum at a ceremony for D-Day is disrespectful and the kind of thing you would expect of a teenager not the most powerful man in the world.
It's not the crime of the century but it's just another in a list of things that he has done that have lacked class.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Nothing about the digging for gold in his nose?
Think that is far more disrespectful then the gum chewing.

I wonder if he is trying to kick his smoking habit with some gum...not that it makes what he did ok, just a thought

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
And on top of the gum chewing, he apparently had a conversation with Putin !!!

AND, he was smiling .....

WTF?

see the 2nd video....

Secret recording shows Obama and Putin's 'informal conversation' - moments after President publicly ignored Russian leader at D-Day memorial

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I am not even remotely an Obama fan, but I'll take his side on this one.

Let him have his gum and chew it too.

We know he was a smoker and perhaps he has a Nicorette when he's under stress and he certainly has reason to be under stress these days.

This is so childish, it really does not need to be pointed out its childish and petty.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
GumGate!

Personally, I don't find chewing gum particularly offensive. Was he blowing bubbles? I'm also not terribly concerned with what French people tweet about.
edit on 2014-6-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Its chewing gum.....nothing to see here folks move along.....

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
He's just become too cocky for my liking now, chewing gum at a ceremony for D-Day is disrespectful and the kind of thing you would expect of a teenager not the most powerful man in the world.
It's not the crime of the century but it's just another in a list of things that he has done that have lacked class.

You're right, it's not the Crime of the Century, BUT, It Show No Respect.

I think obama considers himself an expert in foreign policy. He fails to understand, this is considered, disrespectful in other cultures, He was not in the Untied States for this Ceremony.
But he really doesn't, Interestingly, unlike many presidents including Harry Truman and George W. Bush, Obama is not a reader of history I understand from people who know him. He tends more towards trendy fiction. I’ll go out on a limb and say if given a test on important historical events and issues he’d FAIL against most of his predecessors.
He told us he understood the “Muslim world” (itself a misnomer) because he lived among Muslims as a child, but rarely (never) have we had a president who understood less about the dynamic among and within Muslim countries.

Obama Fails as a Leader of the Free World and He's an Embarrassment To Americans.
IMO,,, Yes That is my opinion.
edit on 6-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Secret recording shows Obama and Putin's 'informal conversation' - moments after President publicly ignored Russian leader at D-Day memorial

I bet you could have cut the tension with a knife. There had to have been some awkward moments at that gathering.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Everyone watch out for the gum police. Obama must be doing really great things lately if the worst he has done is chew gum.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi
Everyone watch out for the gum police. Obama must be doing really great things lately if the worst he has done is chew gum.

haha! Oh yeah. The worst he has done is chew gum.

end sarcasm

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

To all those who say it's only chewing gum and that he's a smoker and maybe needed his nicorette gum, perhaps he could have used the spray instead. But the fact is in the UK & France which this ceremony was commemorating along with other allies, chewing gum at any solemn event is a big no no especially if you are a head of state. It's as someone else pointed out it's like taking a selfie at a funeral, it lacks class.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I am not even remotely an Obama fan, but I'll take his side on this one.

Let him have his gum and chew it too.

We know he was a smoker and perhaps he has a Nicorette when he's under stress and he certainly has reason to be under stress these days.

This is so childish, it really does not need to be pointed out its childish and petty.

i agree 100%. and i can't stand him. he was probably having nic fits due to all the stress of the deserter bergdahl fiasco and couldn't fire one up or do the vapeing thing.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Typical tasteless and thoughtless behavior from a tasteless and thoughtless excuse for a leader.

Those claiming this isn't important apparently don't understand anything about proper decorum at various functions. I don't care what he was craving; chewing gum then and there was flat out rude. Is it the worst thing he's done? Not by a long shot. Does that make it less bad? No, it doesn't.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
But the fact is in the UK & France which this ceremony was commemorating along with other allies, chewing gum at any solemn event is a big no no especially if you are a head of state. It's as someone else pointed out it's like taking a selfie at a funeral, it lacks class.

Is it? First I'm hearing of this. I chew gum all the time, because I'm a smoker and one can't always have a fag when one want's....

I don't see the problem myself, and I am hardly a fan of Obama as he has made some right gaffs in the past conerning the UK in particular, but it's not as if he was blowing bubbles or spitting it out for the Queen to get stuck on her shoe.

Some have also been making a fuss of him "touching" the Queen as she made her way down the steps for their group photo, but all I see is him being a gentlemen while Putin cuts an isolated figure looking on.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's called: Professionalism

Would you chew gum during a job interview? Are you chewing gum during a important presentation?

I really do not care if the president of the US smokes, chews gum, drinks beer or picks his (or her) nose. They are human like the rest of us.

However, those of us that also smoke, chew gum, etc, etc, do not do those things when we are suppose to be acting like professionals.

He's stressed and is nic'ing? Fine. Get it out of the way BEFORE you're in public.

During functions like this, POTUS is suppose to be representing us. He/She is suppose to act professional.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

And who decreed chewing gum is "unprofessional"?

Certainly, I wouldn't chew whilst in an interview, for the simple fact it makes talking harder. But if I was standing around for a few hours on a beach listening to the French President waffle on about how important 170 Frenchmen were to the whole of Operation Overlord for an hour, I'd chew some gum and think nothing of it.

It's not like he was chewing gum while actually giving a speech, was it?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Really?

This is news?

I can't stand the man, personally. But not everything he does is disrespectful and stupid. Even if most of it is.

I figure he must be doing something right if him chewing gum is what's got the masses all up in arms.

"Oh, everyone's pissed at me over having an Ambassador killed. Better chew some gum to distract them." LOL

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join