It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexual Conversion Therapy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Actually, yes.

VERY under-reported solid research indicates a significantly higher incidence of children of homosexual male couples growing up to be homosexual.

And, it is well known that early homosexual victimization correlates with an increased incidence of homosexuality.

= = = =

This long article has a lot of well above average quality statistics:

www.frc.org...

New Study On Homosexual Parents Tops All Previous Research
By Peter Sprigg Senior Fellow for Policy Studies

Of particularly sobering note are the stats about greatly increased incidence of violence between homosexual partners vs married heterosexual partners.

And the article slices through a lot of the propaganidzed disinformation stats the pro groups seem to spew far and wide.

Former homosexual William Aaron explains why even homosexuals involved in "committed" relationships do not practice monogamy:

In the gay life, fidelity is almost impossible. Since part of the compulsion of homosexuality seems to be a need on the part of the homophile to "absorb" masculinity from his sexual partners, he must be constantly on the lookout for [new partners]. Consequently the most successful homophile "marriages" are those where there is an arrangement between the two to have affairs on the side while maintaining the semblance of permanence in their living arrangement.[56]

The evidence is overwhelming that homosexual and lesbian "committed" relationships are not the equivalent of marriage. In addition, there is little evidence that homosexuals and lesbians truly desire to commit themselves to the kind of monogamous relationships as signified by marriage. What remains, then, is the disturbing possibility that behind the demands for "gay marriage" lurks an agenda of undermining the very nature of the institution of marriage.

= = = =

The following article discusses a landmark, high quality study on the issue of:

New Study On Homosexual Parents Tops All Previous Research
By Peter Sprigg Senior Fellow for Policy Studies

www.frc.org...

In a historic study of children raised by homosexual parents, sociologist Mark Regnerus of the University of Texas at Austin has overturned the conventional academic wisdom that such children suffer no disadvantages when compared to children raised by their married mother and father. Just published in the journal Social Science Research,[1] the most careful, rigorous, and methodologically sound study ever conducted on this issue found numerous and significant differences between these groups--with the outcomes for children of homosexuals rated "suboptimal" (Regnerus' word) in almost every category.
. . .

The advocates of homosexual parenting then continue, "Research done specifically on children raised by homosexual parents shows that there are no differences (or no differences that suggest any disadvantage) between them and children raised by heterosexual parents."

Pro-family groups respond with a number of critiques of such studies on homosexual parents. For example, such studies usually have relied on samples that are small and not representative of the population, and they frequently have been conducted by openly homosexual researchers who have an ideological bias on the question being studied. In addition, these studies also usually make comparisons with children raised by divorced or single parents--rather than with children raised by their married, biological mother and father.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sun Jun 8 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: shortened huge quote

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'd hoped to walk away from this thread totally.

However, this issue is so critical to the welfare of children . . . and the solid research designed findings soooo sobering, I feel compelled to note them:

www.frc.org...

. . .

At one time, defenders of homosexual parents not only argued that their children do fine on psychological and developmental measures, but they also said that children of homosexuals "are no more likely to be gay" than children of heterosexuals. That claim will be impossible to maintain in light of this study. It found that children of homosexual fathers are nearly 3 times as likely, and children of lesbian mothers are nearly 4 times as likely, to identify as something other than entirely heterosexual. Children of lesbian mothers are 75% more likely, and children of homosexual fathers are 3 times more likely, to be currently in a same-sex romantic relationship.

The same holds true with the number of sexual partners. Both males and females who were raised by both lesbian mothers and homosexual fathers have more opposite-sex (heterosexual) partners than children of married biological parents (daughters of homosexual fathers had twice as many). But the differences in homosexual conduct are even greater. The daughters of lesbians have 4 times as many female (that is, same-sex) sexual partners than the daughters of married biological parents, and the daughters of homosexual fathers have 6 times as many. Meanwhile, the sons of both lesbian mothers and homosexual fathers have 7 times as many male (same-sex) sexual partners as sons of married biological parents.

The most shocking and troubling outcomes, however, are those related to sexual abuse. Children raised by a lesbian mother were 10 times more likely to have been "touched sexually by a parent or other adult caregiver" (23% reported this, vs. only 2% for children of married biological parents), while those raised by a homosexual father were 3 times more likely (reported by 6%). In his text, but not in his charts, Regnerus breaks out these figures for only female victims, and the ratios remain similar (3% IBF; 31% LM; 10% GF). As to the question of whether you have "ever been physically forced" to have sex against your will (not necessarily in childhood), affirmative answers came from 8% of children of married biological parents, 31% of children of lesbian mothers (nearly 4 times as many), and 25% of the children of homosexual fathers (3 times as many). Again, when Regnerus breaks these figures out for females (who are more likely to be victims of sexual abuse in general), such abuse was reported by 14% of IBFs, but 3 times as many of the LMs (46%) and GFs (52%).

These data require more detailed exploration and explanation. A number of researchers have pointed out that self-identified homosexual adults (both men and women) are more likely to report having been victims of child sexual abuse. However, Family Research Council and other pro-family organizations have been criticized for also pointing to evidence suggesting that homosexual men are more likely to commit acts of child sexual abuse than are heterosexual men. And experts in child sexual abuse in general say that men are most often the perpetrators, regardless of the sex of the victim. Therefore, the finding that children of lesbian mothers are significantly more likely to have been victims of sexual touching by "a parent or adult caregiver" than even the children of homosexual fathers is counter-intuitive.
. . .

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

That is a bogus study. FRC.org is not a legitimize source of information. Please do a little bit of research on a study before you cite it as fact.

The FRC group clearly has a anti-homosexuality message. They are self proclaimed Christians and call themselves Pro-Life and Pro-marriage. Those of us who deny ignorance knows the agenda those kind of groups push.

Pro-marriage is a euphemism for homophobic.

edit on 8-6-2014 by jrod because:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

WRONG.

The study was methodologically extremely solid.

You might try reading the study before trashing it.

PROPAGANDIZED BIAS

DOES NOT EQUAL SCIENTIFIC FACT

ON ANY SIDE OF ANY ISSUE.

Please check the research design; the data collection; the statistics; the inference and the interpretations.

This study is EXTREMELY SOLID ON ALL THOSE POINTS.

NONE of the pro studies measure up diddly squat on any of those variables.

edit on 8/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: added.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
I'd hoped to walk away from this thread totally.

However, this issue is so critical to the welfare of children . . . and the solid research designed findings soooo sobering, I feel compelled to note them:

www.frc.org...

Here we go again with Mark Regnerus, who has been completely discredited.

Does that stop the anti-gay Christian Right? Hell no! They have latched on to him like he is the second coming. Facts? Who cares about facts.

www.truthwinsout.org...
www.hrc.org...
www.splcenter.org...
www.advocate.com...

. . . That's only a sample. Plenty more links to this discredited person.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

BLACKWASHING attempts based on outrageous biases about the person etc.

does NOT

near automatically

trash

an extremely solid research study.

Check out the study.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It is impossible to have an intellectual debate with a group of people who can not even grasp basic evolution, a scientific fact.

That is why I resort to bible references when trying to enlighten those types....which then results in me being called all sort of cute names.

edit on 8-6-2014 by jrod because:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

BLACKWASHING attempts based on outrageous biases about the person etc.

does NOT

near automatically

trash

an extremely solid research study.

Check out the study.

He made it up.

There is no research to this study.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Homosexuality should be considered a mental deformity, but because of political correctness, and to not make homosexuals feel less equal, and because of other agendas, there is a push to make it normal and acceptable in humanity. Something to not be "treated" like other mental illnesses are.

What is the criterion for this "mental deformity" - if BUT the fact that people of the same gender cannot "naturally" produce children? (Because there is no other even halfway logical argument)

If that is an "issue" or a "deformity" and would be declared as such..then we also need laws forbidding birth control..and laws which force people to have intercourse in regular intervals...since otherwise even a "normal" relationship where no children would ever arise from would be considered "abnormal", correct?

Aside from the fact that looking at relationships and ONLY looking at the sexual aspect of it and judging it on that..is sick in its own way. I am always fascinated by the fascination of "anti-gay people" with what others do in their bedroom. What is the relevance of this?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Please refer to Mathew 7:1.

Mark Regnerus is not friends with Jesus.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Those defending this conversion therapy are missing two key points. Again, and firstly, almost every single organization I could find or that you will find is stating that this is an ineffective and sometimes harmful therapy. That's putting it lightly, there are much stronger words from many medical and psychological organizations out there.

2nd and most important, I think, is that there is nothing wrong with being homosexual or transsexual and by stating that there is, you are actually stating that you are superior to homosexuals and transsexuals. That's dangerous territory, my friends. I have news for you, you aren't better, just different.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

It is impossible to have an intellectual debate with a group of people who can not even grasp basic evolution, a scientific fact.

That is why I resort to bible references when trying to enlighten those types....which then results in me being called all sort of cute names.

I was raised Christian, and followed most of my life. But, never stopped searching, as it really didn't make much sense to me. Now a non-believer.

Wish I had studied scripture more, to be effective in debates like these.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It's sorta like trying to turn a clean person into messy. Like when Oscar made Felix dump the ashtray on the floor and Felix turned into a slob. ( it was something to do with his divorce/custody/getting back with ex I forget). Then Tony Randal goes on to play Sidney, a gay guy.

It all fits, just dump out an ashtray

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
So im gonna write a general reply.

And I will start with a book . Brain Sex.

A book I found In h.s. that pretty much summed it up for me.

After reading it I was more secure in my sexuality.

I realized what your attracted to

From hetro to pedo

Is mostly (random guess id say 90-100%) is wired in at birth by the different amounts of hormones ( and probably other chemicals)

I also have a strong belief that this has an affect on the mental as well as physical attributes of a person.

So is "homosexual conversion therapy" possible ?

Yes ,

Can we do it now?

Maybe

Should we?

Yes

in a few years i believe sexual orientation

And probably sex itself

Will be changeable.

Spend a decade or two as the opposite sex and then change back when done

Or maybe men will stat carrying children

Skys the limit realy

Okay, sorry but THAT is pseudo-science. There is no proof - NO PROOF WHATSOEVER - that sexual orientation has anything to do with genes or hormones. It's all talked about; some people even talk about it as if it were true, but there is nothing, no study, no behaviour, no observation that proves any of that to be true. Give a straight man all the estrogen you want, he will grow boobs but still be attracted to women. Sexuality, and orientation are far too complex to come down to hormones and genes.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb
The fact you are talking about giving grown people hormones speaks to your confusion

What is your take on brainsex?

As an adult no hormones will not change anything ( well mood maybe thats another topic)

but when the brain is forming ?...yes it matters

The rest is comming soon as science tecb and medicine merge
mo its comming....

Wanna try to be a lady for a year?

Take this.

edit on pm620143006America/ChicagoSun, 08 Jun 2014 18:50:23 -0500_6u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

It is truly futile with some people. Trying explain the difference between gender identity and sexual orientation is apparently a difficult concept to grasp for some.

[snipped]
edit on 9-6-2014 by Kandinsky because: unnecessary comment

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I was raised Christian, and followed most of my life. But, never stopped searching, as it really didn't make much sense to me. Now a non-believer.

It's a shame you left the faith my dear, but when faced with hardcore nuts like these threads bring out, I can't say I blame you.

Be assured that even when you can present truthful scripture these types will find a way to down what you say. Their usual tactics are to tell you that you've got it wrong and present a contradictory verse, or just tell you that you're misinterpreting the intended meaning.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: Annee

It's a shame you left the faith my dear, but when faced with hardcore nuts like these threads bring out, I can't say I blame you.

Oh no! Once I stepped out of the "God Circle", it was like a huge weight was lifted off me. And I realized I was totally in charge of myself and my actions. It removed all excuses.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This study is quite fitting.

Homophobs might be hidden homosexuals

I mean it makes complete sense. How can someone hate something if they don't first hate it in themselves?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join