It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught ... Wearing a GORILLA SUIT in a ZOO ...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

It may be only in America and no. I would not have warn a gorilla suit for a training exercise. Nope. No way. Even as a drill, there is room for error and that is not the kind of error that I would volunteer for. If other people want to volunteer? Great.

Also, animals that escape their pens and cages at the zoo have often made it to the outside world... If they had run a drill for that, he would have been shot dead in the street I think. Hopefully they will not even think of attempting that... especially not after this little blunder.

Again, it may be only in America but most Americans know that. That's why there aren't lines of folks lining up to volunteer for this sort of thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

It may be only in America and no. I would not have warn a gorilla suit for a training exercise. Nope. No way. Even as a drill, there is room for error and that is not the kind of error that I would volunteer for. If other people want to volunteer? Great.

Also, animals that escape their pens and cages at the zoo have often made it to the outside world... If they had run a drill for that, he would have been shot dead in the street I think. Hopefully they will not even think of attempting that... especially not after this little blunder.

Again, it may be only in America but most Americans know that. That's why there aren't lines of folks lining up to volunteer for this sort of thing.

Not even in America... this happened in the Canary Islands

The vet opened fire with a narcotic dart that struck the man in the leg leading him to require hospital treatment at the University Hospital of the Canary Islands. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Our Texan does travel

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Fair enough it's just a simple difference in cultures. I could have understood if it was a prank by someone but a training exercise of this kind should be in a controlled environment where this type of incident couldn't have occurred.

Still a funny story none the less.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I think mclarenmp4 was speaking about "frame of mind" as being "only in America". I could be wrong.

And I hope BFFT has had his shots... This could get much worse for him if he crossed into other countries to pull this little stunt.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Not even in America... this happened in the Canary Islands

Ah well that makes sense. I would have expected an American drill would have had better health and safety regulations than the likes of the canary islands. Apologies to the Americans I didn't read the article fully.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It should have been much better controlled, I agree. It seems they would make sure to avoid something like that at all costs. It's not like folks wouldn't be terrified by the sight. Sometimes accidents happen though.

Again I agree... It's absolutely hilarious. I bet everything in my pocket right now that they will make sure it's on lock down the next time they run this drill.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

MKULTRA did worse to humans...

I think the Texan can survive the Canaries...

And stars all around for the excellent topic and conversation... spot on, I must say!

edit on 6-6-2014 by madmac5150 because: What difference does it make

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

No the saying "Only in america" actually means that these types of stories usually tend to come out from America hence why i apologised, I jumped to a conclusion without reading the full article. The saying is usually because you have some really funny situations that you only see coming from your country, like this type of story I automatically assumed was from the U.S because of the fun image and ridiculousness of the situation. It's not a derogatory term but a sort of a funny shake of the head in disbelief that something like this could happen.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Man....I really hate to debunk a story as epic as this one....But you know "deny ignorance" and all of that.
Apparently the whole thing about the Gorilla suit, and the miss-identification was totally made up.

www.npr.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Some of you really need to practice the whole "read the article before running your mouth" thing.

The man in the gorilla suit was an employee, he was doing his job. The vet that shot him was unaware of the planned drill. This is nothing more than an accident, a funny funny accident. No need to make anybody out to be stupid, or say they deserved it.

This could have happened to any of the employees at the zoo, and the zoo could have been located in any country.

Really grinds my gears when people destroy a funny story by insulting people for no reason, or trying make this a "dumb American" thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

My apologies to you in return then. I assumed that is what you meant and we all know what happens when we assume. Color me blushed.

And I do know what you mean. I live here. Nobody could shake their head more than I do about some of the stuff that happens over here. I imagine we give right many a good laugh on any given day of the week. It is what it is.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

All good my friend, it's a pity the story was false though as the picture in my head still gives me a chuckle.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I am deliberately choosing to ignore that small detail so I can laugh a wee bit longer myself.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

God... Some people lack so much common sense that it's hard to believe they can still draw air into their lungs.

He deserved exactly what he got IMO. He's lucky somebody didn't shoot him dead. If he had been outside the zoo... it would have been another story I think.

Who would have ever thought that this wasn't a Nobel peace prize winning idea???

He was participating in a practice drill to simulate the escape of a gorilla from one of the habitats. He was doing what he being asked to do, but no-one told the vet, who just saw a large gorilla wandering around.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

We already passed that part and collected $200 dollars.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Aw, rats, I had a great line about the next practice drill featuring a guy running around the zoo in a tee shirt & jeans, wearing a big sign that says "GORILLA" hanging around his neck. Couldn't wait to post it until the truth came out. I still got to use it, but somehow it's just not as funny as it might have been, ya know?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

God... Some people lack so much common sense that it's hard to believe they can still draw air into their lungs.

He deserved exactly what he got IMO. He's lucky somebody didn't shoot him dead. If he had been outside the zoo... it would have been another story I think.

Who would have ever thought that this wasn't a Nobel peace prize winning idea???

He was participating in a practice drill to simulate the escape of a gorilla from one of the habitats. He was doing what he being asked to do, but no-one told the vet, who just saw a large gorilla wandering around.

Let's hope BFFT signs in soon and clears this whole mess up...

Otherwise the rumors will surely fly...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If it was in America the headline would read as follows : " Local man shot dead while impersonating a gorilla" Officers opened fire today on what they thought was an escaped gorilla. Instead it was Morty who was talked into the suit by Timmy who is actually the one that called the police. It seems as if Timmy wanted the job of Morty, Morty was the elephant dung clean up guy and Timmy was a lion poop scraper.....That's how it would read in America. Or Gorilla with assault weapon shoot dead at zoo. Or Taliban is recruiting gorillas at the zoo in broad open daylight...Gasp's and oh's and ah's.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Now maybe I'm just not up on current costume technology, but I've never seen a gorilla suit that could even remotely allow the wearer to pass for an actual gorilla. And this guy is a veterinarian? Might be a good idea to review the old primate handbook there, doc.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

did you not read the post, at all?

IT WAS A DRILL, BY THE ZOO. unfortunately a vet on duty was not informed.

this guy wasn't playing a prank or a joke..he was doing his job

edit on 6/7/2014 by ThinkYouSpeak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join