It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know personally any actors or actresses?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Remember George A, Romero's "Night of the Living Dead"?

As teens we used to hang out in that cemetary and drink... pretty creepy at night. Downright scary if a fog rolled in...

I almost rear-ended Brittany Spears once.

With my car... pervs

(Have a friend that lives in Malibu in Britt's gated community... she slammed on the brakes of her Mercedes- probably wondering why a Ford Taurus had the audicity to follow her- ...fortunately I have quick reflexes... bet it irked her to no end to see our car in her neighbor's driveway for a week; thereby driving down property values...)

edit on 6-6-2014 by madmac5150 because: What difference does it make

edit on 6-6-2014 by madmac5150 because: What difference does it make

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I don't know him personally but I once shook George Clooney's hand at a fundraising event.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm a SAG/AFTRA actor here in Tamalewood and have met and partied with a lot of "stars" my favorites was
the director Sam Peckinpah may he RIp. Just worked with Bill Maher on this one that's just out. I'm the guy with the beard.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I am related to Jessica Alba, don't really know her well or anything like that. And no it hasn't "enriched" my life any

ETA: she is a cousin
edit on 6-6-2014 by VoxVirtus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Does having been hit on by Isaac Asimov confer any street cred?

To be fair, he hit on EVERYBODY.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
My dad grew up with Steve Perry, the ex-lead singer for the band Journey. I've never met Steve, but I did meet his stepfather, Marv, before he passed away. We were at our local Renaissance fair. My father was talking to an older gentleman, and when my wife and I (girlfriend at the time) approached, he told us, "I would like to introduce you to Steve Perry's step dad, Marv." I was like "whoa!" I still have a photograph my dad had taken of Steve and his mother right before his first tour with Journey.

My sister's boyfriend, who is practically twice her age, was the bass player for the band Britny Fox. I sometimes refer to him as my brother-in-law because they have been together for 10 years.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
My dad once flew a jet in this film:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
In my early 20's i was lucky enough to be at one of the last type o negative
concerts when they played with Cradle of Filth, got to meet both bands,
they were all out at the bar before the show started and were pretty much
just chilling and having a few drinks, after the shows we hung outside by the
buses with them for awhile and just talked, fun guys, great sense of humor
and Danny Filth (lead singer of cradle of filth) is tiny lol, im 6'4 and he was
barely up to my shoulder.

I had Cradle sign typo Os stickers and type O sign cradles stickers

One of the bands from my local area made it big in the last couple of
years, they are pretty cool though i don't much care for their
style of music, they are good people.

My dad worked some with Chuck Norris in Texas at some of the youth
centers he had there, dad said he was a great guy, i never got to
meet him, though it does explain my killer roundhouse lol
edit on 7-6-2014 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wow...your stories are incredible! Maybe it's not such a big deal to have in a family, among friends or in neighbourhood someone famous (especially when you live in a place of "stars" or where "stars" like hang out), but it's always an intresting thing, nice addition to life, I guess.

I wrote a message through mail or facebook to Martika (famous song "Toy Soldiers"), to Johnathon Schaech (an actor) and to Vincent Gallo.
I don't know, why I did it, but they responded me in a really nice way, especially Martika

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnnieWolf19
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Have those acquaintances with artists made your life richer?

No more so than anyone else has. I don't get starstruck easily. These people are not special just because they have high-profile careers. In fact, pretty much ill of them are rather normal aside from the fact that they are well-known. I can't say that any of them are Dbags, either. Quite the opposite, usually.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I've known Derek Jeter since before he was in high school and we will hang out in NYC every once in awhile if the Yanks are in town.

I also am acquainted with a few other people just from having run into them at various events, mutual friends or having them come into one of my restaurants:

Bart Oates-NFL center
    Monica Crowley-author/radio host
    Donatellla Versace
    James Rebhorn-character actor who recently passed
    Quentin Tarantino/Mira Sorvino/JJ Abrams-all friends of a mutual friend

I've met a bunch more through various events but I am not familiar enough to walk over and have a conversation.

edit on 9-6-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

<< 1   >>

join