It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas sheriffs confront man filming in public

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This just came in on Live Leak. Had to share as it is IMO a great example of standing ones ground without being an ass about it. Although I have to say if he was completely alone he nuts and continuing on that path he is going to take it the hard way sooner or later. He is lucky he did not get beat down and hauled to jail to be locked with with a giant hairy man with a soft spot for baby faced kids.....

Anyway wish I could embed it here, looked for it on YT but no luck.

Texas sheriffs confront man filming in public

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here you go:

I'm fixin' to put you under arrest for.............

edit on 2014-6-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Oh man the post 911 comment was the best part. Let's just use that blanket excuse to justify the false sense of suspicion the cop is trying to create.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

They should have beat him up...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This dude shouldn't have had to deal with crap like this. This is why we should be recording everything. It's so clear that the officer who stopped him as he was walking away didn't know the law. He'll he refused to give his badge number on camera.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Who's got more guts?
-A group entering a fast food outlet armed with rifles
-One man with nothing but a recording device and knowledge of the law recording police in a small Texas town.

Damn.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We don't have people taking videography here in Pampa. With cops like that no wonder why. Props to the guy for keeping a cool head.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Texas, what more can you say?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That was a lesson for all of us

This behavior by the police just goes to show they are as conditioned/programmed as the rest of us. I honestly think those police believed what they were saying until they were FORCED to think about it, then they realized that actually, the guy with the camera was right!

Mass education/deprogramming is needed on both sides.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
We don't have people taking videography here in Pampa. With cops like that no wonder why. Props to the guy for keeping a cool head.

Boy, You can't be from here - you know how to use a video camera.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Very unprofessional police. Props to the guy for standing up for his rights!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Buster, my friend who flies for Med Trans in Pampa has told me horror stories about the local gendarmes. They have a redneck mentality according to her.
edit on 661414 by rockflier because: spelling as usual

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I feel like both sides were right.

This was obviously a set up.

That being said the second cop was in the wrong, and set himself up for that.

The other cops were professional, even the one who laughed, I mean it was funny.

My opinion this is propaganda, but it's all opinion.
edit on 6-6-2014 by terriblyvexed because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2014 by terriblyvexed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier
a reply to: buster2010

Buster, my friend who flies for Med Trans in Pampa has told me horror stories about the local gendarmes. They have a redneck mentality according to her.

Judging by the Sheriffs attitude I believe it.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: terriblyvexed
Why do you feel it was set up?
And what were the cops right about? He was doing everything well withing his rights.

edit on thFri, 06 Jun 2014 17:54:46 -0500America/Chicago620144680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

i laughed at that...

yeah, like some little town, in the middle of nowhere would really be any kind of terrorist target "rolls eyes" if he's REALLY that scared of nonsense like that, he shouldn't be a cop...

attacking that place would be as pointless as opening a bottle with C4..

what a joke.....

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It looks like it is going to take citizens like this and understanding cops in the end (Hopefully) to understand the freedoms our nation is supposed to represent because the politicians and the policies they are drafting are taking us in a different direction that is at odds with the constitution.

I don't know how any politician can honestly use the quip Freedom and Democracy in any context in this country anymore with the Patriot Act, Militarized Gearing of Police, DHS and the allowing of Government to be bought by the highest donors rather than the will of the people.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Never know, they might be going for the cattle feedlot there. Large supply of methane gas for them

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Obama must be quite proud of the Gestapo which has been created the past few years.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jungian

Obama must be quite proud of the Gestapo which has been created the past few years.

Texas is a Republican state. So you are blaming the wrong party.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join