It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misandry Reels It's Ugly Ahead Once Again!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yeah, because you can't be a rape victim if you're a boy Carson. We all know that men are the only perpetrators of sexual assault and manipulation right?

If this would have been a girl he'd be crying at the top of his lungs for the 'male' teacher to be removed, imprisoned etc..

Source

It’s ludicrous that we are calling this a rape. Are you serious?” Carson explained.” I’m not joking a tiny bit. I’ll tell you what’s wrong to this extent: he went and tattled to the police and destroyed her life. Are you joking? What a whiny country this is.”

Carlson, who has previously stated that sexual situations between male students with teachers would be, in the student’s mind, “the greatest thing that ever happened,” said the notion of statutory rape with a male student defied “common sense.”

“You’re this boy, and all of a sudden you’re a rape victim? You pursue an older woman, and have a relationship with her, and you’re a rape victim?” he said. “It defies common sense. And anybody who’s being honest with himself knows exactly what I’m talking about. We all have to pretend.”

Pay attention folks, when I talk about how men's culture and men in general are being disparaged, while the culture and actions of women are celebrated and revered, this is what I mean.

It's WHOLLY unfair and ludicrous to treat rape different for men and women. SHAME on this and SHAME on Fox news.

People claim men spread the acceptance of "rape culture". Well where are those people now to defend this boy?

Carlson admitted that it would be a different matter if the victim was a woman, causing panelist Kimberly Guilfoyle to state, “That’s a double standard.”

“Of course it’s a double standard, ” Carlson replied. “All standards are double standards.”

CONTEXT is important. SHAME on the other people for not calling him out for his idiocy.

~Tenth
edit on 6/6/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Agreed.

It reminds me of this video.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't think many people, of either gender, see an adult having sex with a child of either gender okay.
Children are not considered mature/experienced enough with choices and their consequences until they are 18.
There is a reason laws were enacted to protect them until they reach that age. It should be equal consequences for either gender breaking that law, and the law should be much stricter than it is.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I would have wholeheartedly agreed with you, except I read this -

The topic of discussion was the case of Joy Morsi, a Queens high school gym teacher accused of having sex with an under-aged student approximately 30 times over a six week period in school storage closets and in her car.

So she raped him 30 times?? Nope. Sorry, I don't buy it. I have to agree with Carlson on this one.
edit on 6-6-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

I would wholeheartedly agreed with you, except I read this -

The topic of discussion was the case of Joy Morsi, a Queens high school gym teacher accused of having sex with an under-aged student approximately 30 times over a six week period in school storage closets and in her car.

So she raped him 30 times?? Nope. Sorry, I don't buy it. I have to agree with Carlson on this one.

Oh for Chrissake! Anytime you have an adult in authoritative position a child can be coerced. Heck an adult can be coerced with an another adult authority figure. I don't care if it was once or thirty times or a hundred, this woman raped that boy. She should be in prison and shaking our finger at the victim is B.S.

I didn't want to contribute to this one because I think the "misandry" spin is crap; drawing attention to this with MRA buzzwords is an agendatized load of horse # that exploits this boys plight, but to say that he wasn't raped is morally defunct.
edit on 6-6-2014 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The age of consent in the UK is 16, so to me this isn't rape, unless the lad was special needs or she forced him . She shouldn't be a teacher though.

I saw a similar teacher/17 year old case from America and laughed that you described a 17 year old, 6ft football player with stubble as a child in the news. !6 year old males are usually not children. If you want to giver one a go come to the UK, I'm sure there will be a few keen ones.
edit on 6-6-2014 by Antigod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

So if a girl was rapped 30 times over the course of a few years by a male teacher, would you be so quick to dismiss the allegations?

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I'd be pissed at any teacher having sex with a student under 21. It's unprofessional and manipulative, even if they are legal age.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I'm not taking away from the statutory rape laws, but to say a 16 year old boy was "coerced" into having sex 30 times is ridiculous, IMO. What 16 year old kid hasn't fantasized about their female teacher? If the kid is gay? Then ok, I guess we'll wait and see.

Looking from the other side of the fence, this kid could have easily became jealous, or had some vendetta against her for a number of reasons, so he chose to have her locked away.

The teacher should not have partaken in the actions, don't get me wrong, but personally, I think the kid knew very well what he wanted and did so willingly.

Maybe I'm just biased, who knows. My sons mother and I were both 16 when our son was conceived. 16 year old's are not sexually inactive.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

So if a girl was rapped 30 times over the course of a few years by a male teacher, would you be so quick to dismiss the allegations?

~Tenth

If the girl did so willingly, yes I would hold the same opinion. Yes, its sill illegal for the teacher to do regardless of what the student wanted, but having sex with willing consent is not rape in the sense we are discussing..

Edit - And the story in the OP says it was over a course of 6 weeks, not a few years.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Teen boys are absolutely sexually predatory typically. Carlson is right in that it is a dream come true for many boys in that age range.

That said, it is wrong. It reduces the self respect of the student, and the respect of all the other teachers.

I don't hold a hormone filled teenager to the same account as an adult on this. Part of her job is to be a role model to students, and exhibiting self control and self respect is a major part of that job.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Teen boys are absolutely sexually predatory typically.

What a totally dismaying and generalized statement.

The term sexual predator is used pejoratively to describe a person seen as obtaining or trying to obtain sexual contact with another person in a metaphorically "predatory" manner. Analogous to how a predator hunts down its prey, so the sexual predator is thought to "hunt" for his or her sex partners. People who commit sex crimes, such as rape or child sexual abuse, are commonly referred to as sexual predators, particularly in tabloid media or as a power phrase by politicians.[1]

Do you realize the language you are using? This is part of the problem. We are continually told that ALL YOUNG MEN are somehow sexual predators during puberty. Yet women are JUST as likely to be sexually active.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I used hyperbole for the time frame just to illustrate a point.

Regardless of this fact, men who say they've bee rapped are ridiculed and marginalized.

These comments would NEVER be made on national television about a female victim. If if the rape portion of it wasn't as cut and dry like in this case.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If that is what they call rape (I am male) then I wish that had happened to me in highschool there were some real hotties as teachers. BTW I am ashamed to be a human being when we talk of these subtle stupidities and microbial social nuances which are the internets equivalent of debating the ins and outs of a cats arse, when there are real problems happening in the world right now such as 1,000,000,000 iraqi civilians dead from millitary intervention.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Regardless of this fact, men who say they've bee rapped are ridiculed and marginalized.

^This I can agree with. I just don't think the case in the OP is a good example as such.

I hear what you are saying though, and I feel the same also when it comes to unfair child custody cases when men get the royal shaft.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The law isn't logical. If consent is given, it logically is not "rape".
What about underage females who pursue adult males? That happens all the time and it's called "rape" when it isn't.
When two people consent to have relations, it is not "rape" automatically because someone is deemed too immature to make that decision. Legally it is, but the legalities aren't logical. It cheapens what real rape is. Which is a violent and forceful act.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

women may be. I just don't have much experience with that (im 12 years older than my sister, and was grown/gone when she was a teen).

I am giving my own personal perspective from my teen years. Not me personally, as I was fairly focused on athletics (football) and didn't spend time doing much beyond that until I was a senior/nearing graduation. But the guys in school with me. We had one of these female teachers/boy student things happen, and there was quite the uproar of envy from most of the guys in school.

But my own experience led me to say "typically". I wasn't focused on girls so much by high school, and hung around with a couple of team mates that had similar focus. But most of the guys....not quite the same.

ETA: despite the quoted definition trying to link the term "sexual predator" to criminal acts, that is not in any way related to the connotation I am making. A predator hunts and conquers. That is the mindset I saw among my peers. If it is wrong, the wrong is not in my observation of it.
edit on 6/6/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I probably wouldn't have used the word predatory, but it's just general knowledge that most 16 year old's are raging with sexual hormones and it's not just the males, it's the females too. Human biology holds no bias against males or females..

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
What makes it more wrong is the fact it's not a "normal" relationship in the eyes of society

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Yeah I know buddy I'm sorry. ( i get worked up)

Language is important and the terms and words we use, just as much. Using that kind of language, re-inforces the idea that we have to teach men " NOT TO RAPE".

That inherently we will look to assault and with our 'predator' instincts do whatever we can to get some tail.

It's really not a good place to be in.

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2 >>

join