It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Ate This Great White Shark… But What?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
What's biting a chunk out if not eaten? That's the epitome of eating. a reply to: PhoenixOD

In this case there is a very important difference.

By saying something ate the shark, it's implied the entire shark was eaten by a single creature. Which would then mean the creature would be much larger than the shark. It means there is some mystery or some mega sized creatures out there.

Something taking a chunk off the shark and then running away isn't anything profound or interesting. It doesn't say anything amazing about the size of the creature doing the eating. Nothing interesting, nothing profound, just nothing really.

My question for you, were you aware of the difference, and dishonestly implied there was no difference, or were you too ignorant to see the difference? Serious question for my own purposes, if you would be so kind as to provide an answer.
edit on 7-6-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
As pointed out by Suicideeddie: This has been discussed at length and with many different theories here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RocksFromSpace

In 1918 Port Stephens fishermen refused to go to sea when an immense shark was taking the lobster pots (each around 3 feet across). This shark frightened the locals to the point where they refused to go to sea – this must have been something pretty substantial, as no fishing meant no food and no income. Many of the witnesses claimed the shark was over 100 feet in length, and the monster hung around for weeks.
Fish grow as big as their aquarium allows .... just saying

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Ummm.........How about a great black and white Orca?

My fave hydro mammal..........along with the porpoise and whale.....My bet would be on the "killer whale"...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The only thing that eats great whites, orcas.. right?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Probably a Killer Whale buuuuut... Killer Whales rarely goes deeper than 200 meters and what killed it was swimming around 600 meter under the ocean level. Any ideas? I really don't hope godzilla or a megalodon ends up being real.
edit on 8-6-2014 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just found this. Supposedly they figured out what ate it.

Mystery Solved: This is the monster that ate that Great White shark

...another great white shark, lol

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It could have been eaten by another shark. The great white that was eaten was 9ft long. Great white sharks grow up to 25ft long. A 25 ft shark would have no problem eating a 9ft shark. I do a lot of fishing and I've seen where fish will cannibalize other fish almost their same size. Do a search look for pike eats pike or bass eats bass.

I also keep aquarium fish and some fish will eat other fish that they see as competition. This especially happens with fish of the same species.

This news story seems like nothing more then sensationalism for the uninformed. OMG something ate a shark there's dinosour's living deep in the ocean.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Has anyone suggest a giant octopus?

They can have a big bite, while living at rather deep depths.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Mystery solved.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

"Bigger Jaws" ~Peter Griffin

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
well it was on the tele last night and they came to the conclusion it was a bigger great white shark of around
5 meters long (2 tons ) that ate the 3 meter great white with the tag

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

WOW...that is very interesting...and scary! I hope someday they can find out what it is. Star and flag 4 u

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StealthyKat

I should have read ALL the posts before I posted! Maybe it was another great white, but I think there are creatures in the ocean we do not know about. There have always been reports from sailors about huge creatures in the sea.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
They should catch a 9 foot great white put a huge hook in it and drop him down real deep and see what they catch.
Better have a big boat.
a reply to: StealthyKat

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Really! LMAO! There is no telling what lives in those deep trenches.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join