It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering Phil Lynott

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Phil Lynott had a voice that could soothe the soul , a voice the could draw you into a story and a voice that could rouse the spirit and quicken the heart , Phil Lynott was a special talent that was lost to the world 28 years ago at the age of just 36.

For those that remember Thin Lizzy and those that don't but may be interested I give you this piece of classic goodness of Phil and the boys back in 76 rocking out four of the great Lizzy standards , Jailbreak,Emerald,Boys Are Back & Rosalie.

War of the Worlds was a great album with many great performances but for me this is the stand out track for Phil's vocals in the portrayal of the delusional preacher Nathaniel ..... Oh the memories.

For story telling there can be no better example than Whiskey in the jar , it still grips me after all these years.

Phil and Gary back together , I still love this song and think it's as rousing now as it was then .... Timeless.

For those who remember and for those that don't I hope you enjoy this selection and appreciate the legend that was Phil Lynott.
RiP Phil and Gary gone but never forgotten

edit on 6-6-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex whisky inn the jar my fav cool thanx for the memory.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Personal favorite track of theirs (Well, along with Cowboy Song) My old band played a cover of this:
Criminally underrated musician, it's far more difficult to sing while keeping a groove on bass rather than a guitar.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

Wow never heard that before . thanks for posting

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No prob, glad to share the joy. Released in '70, their very first trip to a proper recording studio. Kinda rusty on my math as far as his age at the time, but he must've been a young pup!

edit on 662014 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: left a word out

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Not sure if I can pick a favorite TL song. So many good ones. Loved Chinatown and Thunder and Lightning. You are right. PL had a singular voice. Nobody else like him.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Thought I should post this, just in case someone else happens to stroll by........................

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
May I add a little more? I always thought he and Gary Moore made pure magic together....

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: meridie

Excellent choice!!!

new topics

top topics

join