It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your opinion regarding U.S. Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Not too sure what to think of this... Odd timing with the Whitehouse "accidentally" slipping a press e-mail with the name of the Agency's Chief of Station in Afghanistan exactly one week before this. I think there's a lot more to this story than meets the eye, not to mention what what will never be disclosed publicly. Not to mention this is a great distraction from the VA scandal, what convenient timing!

I strongly disagree with reneging on our policy of "do not negotiate with terrorists," however with the promise to leave no soldier behind... Talk about stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Also, it's a possibility the 5 gitmo's were released as part of a larger plan in the shadow ops world. Track their movements and contact network, see if they lead you to any high value targets, or an enemy militant stronghold that can be "bug splatted" via UAV.

Tom Clancy calls this "turning an asset." Or in this case, tunrning 5 assets. Despite all appearances, we may have ended up with the upper hand in this one.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
My opinion at this time .... there is a heck of a lot going on with this that we'll never know about. The guy obviously deserted. He and his father probably have mental health issues now that need attention. The White House is telling massive lies about all this .. and Susan Rice, once again, going on talk shows telling lies is really sickening. A lot of people have died because of his decisions and a lot of people will die because Obama let terrorists go.

That's my position at this time.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
He is a deserter
As such needs to stand trial under ucmj for desertion during wartime.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There doesn't need to be any mention of an opinion. All you have to do is state the facts and they speak for themselves.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
CANARD POSTS☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: minusinfinity

I haven`t read a single article about him so no opinion.
When I see atsers piling on and posting and posting about something,the first thing I do is ignore the hype and ignore it all.
Never bothered with Sandy Hook or the Malaysian plane either.
Most days you people make me sick of being into conspiracy theorys.

No opinion.

Finally, someone else who hates the hypebeasts.

personally it was a great political move for Obama to appeal to rightwingers. Berg disgusts me. however, he seems as if he was planted, and his background I am opposed to (ballet lessons, liberal arts?) its all a ruse to get Obama relected
CANARD POSTS☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Also, it's a possibility the 5 gitmo's were released as part of a larger plan in the shadow ops world. Track their movements and contact network, see if they lead you to any high value targets, or an enemy militant stronghold that can be "bug splatted" via UAV.

Tom Clancy calls this "turning an asset." Or in this case, tunrning 5 assets. Despite all appearances, we may have ended up with the upper hand in this one.

This.

The CIA has learned to digitize laser frequencies. So they can give you a "sunburn" with a laser, and it will be different (as seen by a satellite camera) than a person whose burn came from the actual sun. Thus, you can "tag a person," and then follow them by satellite for weeks as they interract with others. The CIA has developed the ability to "tag" a person multiple times at different frequencies, and the burn will last for several months. So when suspect #1 goes to a meeting, they can "burn" everyone at the meeting (from space!) and then follow each one of them to their next meeting. again and again.

You know the symptoms of sunburn, minus the red skin? Dry tender flesh, a fever to the touch? Those are the only symptoms, unless you look at them with the right camera...

So yeah, Gitmo is now part of a "catch and release" project. And the terrorists were tagged the same way scientists tag baby sea turtles.

Hopefully, this will work better than "fast and furious"

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Mind=Blown.

That's far beyond my thoughts of how they would "bag and tag." I was of the mindset of putting them under heavy sedation, or otherwise inducing amnesia, to implant a very small sub-dermal, possibly RFID.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

What is your opinion regarding U.S. Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The guy's a deserter, not a hero. Worse, he appears to be a sympathizer. From many accounts, he converted to Islam and was even permitted to carry a weapon during his "captivity".

Worse yet, Obama undid YEARS of terrorist policy when he negotiated with this group, as well as broke the law in doing so.

My only hope is that we were smart enough to embed some tracking devices/dye, etc. into these guys, so we can track them back to their buddies and blow up the whole lot of them.... Only then will it undo the statement made by Obama's actions. That statement is basically that if you want something from the US, just kidnap one of our citizens to get it.

Thank you Mr. President.

its all a ruse to get Obama relected

He can't be re-elected. Unfortunately, what he CAN do, is set precedent, and that's where he seems to do everything just plain wrong.

I strongly disagree with reneging on our policy of "do not negotiate with terrorists,"

You already heard the reason for the policy from his captors. Now, they see the taking of American hostages as an easy tool to get what they want. The prevention of this is exactly why it has been our standard policy for so long. And now, with one act, it is null and void.

What if this was pre planned and bergdahl is not a hostage but a deep cover spy or informant or something that only could get back like this to not arouse suscpision - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wondered about this too, before looking into the facts of the case. But, his rank, the numerous testimony by others in the unit, and actions simply don't support the idea. I actually wish it did. It'd be better than the much clearer picture that emerges.
edit on 10-6-2014 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

It actually works better on car paint or pieces of plastic than on living tissue. They can "give a car an invisible sunburn" and watch it from space. It also works on munitions and military hardware. So we can see who is supplying various terror groups.

And even US militia members.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join