It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your opinion regarding U.S. Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hi.

Not that I have followed the situation more closely than most but I wonder how you feel about the trade for U.S. Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl.

My opinion is the trade was a mistake.

I understand the premise we leave no man behind. How does that conflict with our position we don’t negotiate with terrorists? To me it seems to be a double edge sword.

This is short and sweet. I’m not including any links because there are so many news articles about this if you have missed the story then you’re using your device incorrectly.

I’m only asking if you think we should trade prisoners with our enemies.
I know other countries do it but that doesn’t make it right.

We all have opinions please share.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity
I understand the premise we leave no man behind.

Seems that he left. Trading those men for what may be a deserter was definitely a mistake.

There's something fishy about this Bergdahl guy.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

I agree.

I served and the thought of a person being a 'deserter' pisses me off to no end.

Like you said it smells fishy.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

I haven`t read a single article about him so no opinion.
When I see atsers piling on and posting and posting about something,the first thing I do is ignore the hype and ignore it all.
Never bothered with Sandy Hook or the Malaysian plane either.
Most days you people make me sick of being into conspiracy theorys.

No opinion.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think he is an idealist who thought he'd be nation-building in Afghanistan, not shooting dots on the horizon, or doing no-knock searches on families living in mud huts.

Knowing other young people who fit this image, I suspect he had a highly idealized view of both the US army and the Afghanis themselves.

An idealist wants to believe that all disagreements are due to ignorance, and that if we just meet people and act nice, then animosity will be replaced with trust. See Obama's own promise to "sit down with any leader" that had refused to speak the the previous POTUS, including Iran's Achmedinajad, and, at the time, Putin.(!)

I think he deserted to the enemy, probably had rehearsed a speech for the Afghanis, about how he was sorry for all the bad things his country had done, and how he was filled with respect for them and their timeless culture.

I'd be willing to bet a box of donuts that he was tortured within 2 hours of being arrested. I seriously doubt there are many idealists left in the villages of Afgha following a decade of american operations in their fields and towns.

I bet he's been so molested that he can't even remember what normal is, anymore. Not that he was ever and expert.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

This probably has been covered ad infinitum in all of the other Bergdahl threads, but I think he is at least a deserter if not a traitor. He should be court martialed and this was a terrible idea to trade the Taliban for this man. It opened the US up to all kinds of future trouble as well as let five top enemies go back to their homes.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Not to judge your opinion but I wonder if the families of the men who lost their lives to "rescue" Mr. Bergdahl would understand your sentiment.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

I haven`t read a single article about him so no opinion.
When I see atsers piling on and posting and posting about something,the first thing I do is ignore the hype and ignore it all.
Never bothered with Sandy Hook or the Malaysian plane either.
Most days you people make me sick of being into conspiracy theorys.

No opinion.

Thank you. This is a perfect website for you to visit.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Love the site...not the members so much.
Sometimes its like watching a trainwreck in a mental institution.

edit on 6-6-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
There is like 5 threads going, if you want ATS's opinion, then go read it on one of them.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The man is a deserter and should be tried for his crime and if found guilty he should be executed due to the lives that were lost looking for him. I have no problem with the trade though because I am against holding people in prison that have had no charges brought against them. People can cry they are mass murdering terrorist all they want because I could care less who they kill as long as it isn't Americans. It is not America's place to be the policeman of the world we need to start minding our own business and fixing our own country before trying to fix other nations. This war on terror scam has already cost America far too many good people and way too much money it's time for it to stop.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Good thought(s) ty.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
There is like 5 threads going, if you want ATS's opinion, then go read it on one of them.

Thanks I will do that if the mods wish to delete this thread they will.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
While I agree everyman deserves a fair trial including terrorists. I do not agree with the trade. I think the men held in G bay should get there day in court and punished accordingly if found guilty. But trading 5 high ranking terrorists for one possible deserter is not only a horrible deal its downright insulting. If we truely wanted him back we should of used our intelligence found him and kicked in some doors to rescue him then have him tried for desertion.

The whole thing stinks. I believe the soldiers who were there and know first hand what happened over the MSM anyday and the general consensus is he deserted his post got six other men killed looking for him.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
My 2cent. What if obama and administration do not see the taliban as terrorist. Then they are allowed to negotiate. What if this was pre planned and bergdahl is not a hostage but a deep cover spy or informant or something that only could get back like this to not arouse suscpision.

All that i can say is i know american potus and his clowns are stupid but this is beyond darwin stupid if the potus realy traded a deserter for 5 terrorist.

Now my opinion is more like 1 terrorist was traded for 5 fighters who protected their homeland and were abducted and kidnapped by the terrorist regime called america.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

He is a deserter who wanted to be a part of the Taliban and is now being used as a patsy for Obamas Muslim agenda.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

He's a wartime deserter, who left his post in enemy territory. His actions directly led to the deaths of other service members.

He should be tried convicted and hanged by the neck until he his dead.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
He's a deserter and a Taliban sympathizer, his ass belongs at Gitmo with the rest of his buddies

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Here's my reply.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The whole situation does not feel right. I dont think we will know what really went on for a long time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join