It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 in 10 Americans Believe God Created Earth 10,000 Years Ago

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
9 OUT OF 10 Chinese, Middle Eastern believe Aliens walk among us. Seriously why is a thread like this still alive. Hogwash of the Hogwartz kind mixed with volatile arsenic.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hydeman11
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Howdy,

No, don't be sorry about that, you're absolutely correct. That's semantics, but meaningful semantics. I just assume (see, that's the problem...) that most people equate simplicity to least number of assumptions. Bad assumption on my part, so I will be more careful with that in the future.

Don't worry. It is a common mistake people make with that expression.

How is a god a simple solution, though? Anything that can do anything is more complex than nothing... God is simple to say, and that makes it easy, but I do disagree to it being a simple answer, all considered.

Ah, with this point you are looking to deeply into my example. Yes, god in all its meanings, is a very complicated answer, but I was mostly wanting you to look at it as a simple three letter answer to a complex question. I guess that was my fault for trying to over simplify my example lol.

As for the possibility, I want to make it clear that I did not suggest it. I was suggesting that perhaps it was the process to which Randyvs was referring, as he said that "science proves it is medically possible." I took that a bit broadly I suppose and included a natural process by which females could birth females without being first impregnated. You were right to point out that males are not, and cannot be, born from this method... at least not what we would consider males/humans.

I understand. Like I said, I made no assumptions about your beliefs. Just addressing those points. I see the problem is that randy didn't explain himself well enough, and I'm still waiting for him to get back about those points I raised about the "virgin" birth.

If an organism had more than 2 sex chromosomes, perhaps it would be possible? But I don't know the genetics behind that... I must admit that my studies of the biological (non-mineralized) world have been and passed for some time, so forgive me if I am mistaken in anything.

Regards,
Hydeman

I don't really study much biology either. I usually dabble in physics and astronomy (I like math). Sciences that are more math oriented. Though I have learned quite a bit about evolutionary theory thanks to people like the OP is referring to and having to counter their many strawmans and half-truths.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

As always Krazy I'll respect your counsel.

new topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join