It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Time Rainbow..with pic....wicked electrical storm in Georgia last night.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So we had a WICKED cool storm here last night. Anyone else in GA out watching it please post. Anywho....one of the strangest things I have ever seen and had to get a pic of it....a night time rainbow.....

Some crazy electricity was going on all around this thing from the ground up....the lightning last night was some of the best I have EVER seen and I love watching storms. This pic is something I have never seen before, nor heard of. Anyone else seen a night rainbow?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It is a double rainbow at that!
Good photo!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It was a doozy, that is for sure. I live on top of Blood Mountain, N. Ga. I didn't take pics, just lighting candles as the power went out for a bit, and the rain was blowing sideways with the roaring winds.

Great pic you took of the stormbow. First I've seen....

Des

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
It is a double rainbow at that!
Good photo!

Thanks and yeah I could see the faint outline of the other rainbow but didn't show up as clearly as the main one so didn't mention it.

The storm was simply amazing though....one of the best I have seen.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

It was a doozy, that is for sure. I live on top of Blood Mountain, N. Ga. I didn't take pics, just lighting candles as the power went out for a bit, and the rain was blowing sideways with the roaring winds.

Great pic you took of the stormbow. First I've seen....

Des

Thanks! Yeah it was crazy. I was waiting to see a tornado touch down or something. I am still baffled at how this could be seen/formed at night though.....with heavy cloud cover at that.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I was surprised there wasn't a tornado, with how wild the winds were. I've never seen a rainbow at night, you got a unique pic. You should send it to the Atlanta local TV stations, weather dept. Ask if they've ever seen one.

At one point, I was sure a tornado was whipping down on the gap up here, but nothing of that nature was showing on radar.

Des

edit on 6-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You win the intewebs AND all the bacons, Vasa. This is a very, very awesome picture!

I've seen some seriously wild heat lightning at night, but I've never seen a night rainbow.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
You win the intewebs AND all the bacons, Vasa. This is a very, very awesome picture!

I've seen some seriously wild heat lightning at night, but I've never seen a night rainbow.

Ooo....can I just get double all the bacons pleeez?

Yeah...I love watching storms and if I could do life over again I would be a chaser.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
so my question is, what is the light source for it? its clearly got color in it so is it the sun? a moonbow is white and as far as i know prefer to hang around waterfalls.

was it the lightning that created the rainbow? if so does lightning refract the same as sunlight or are the colors going to be different?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
so my question is, what is the light source for it? its clearly got color in it so is it the sun? a moonbow is white and as far as i know prefer to hang around waterfalls.

was it the lightning that created the rainbow? if so does lightning refract the same as sunlight or are the colors going to be different?

I wondered that myself....this was about 8:30 PM and it was already dark and really cloudy skies with a LOT of rain coming down just prior to this.....you can see that the pavement is wet.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm a little south of Atlanta. Didn't see a rainbow but the bright pink skies were amazing.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just looked up the sunset data for Atlanta and they have sunset listed at 8:46PM for June 5. Not sure what sunset actually is, I have always called sunset when the sun dips below the horizon. Either way, this would have been around that time so guess the crazy cloud cover could have bounced the sunlight around enough to do this if it was low on the horizon or below the horizon.

Don't know enough about this stuff to say definitively though....just know it was really cloudy and dark with some crazy clouds when the pic was taken....

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
In Druid Hills/Atlanta here. I was surprised that we didn't have a tornado as well ... the atmosphere had that kind of "feel" to it.

Great pic on the "stormbow" ... I'm jealous.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm 20 minutes North of Atlanta. The storm last night definitely had some amazing electric energy in the air. I could feel it through my entire body

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I love rainbows....day/night/storm....had to drop by to S&F....thank you VasaCroe

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Anyone else seen a night rainbow?

I have, in fact, in New Mexico. Nice and bright during a full moon.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
I love rainbows....day/night/storm....had to drop by to S&F....thank you VasaCroe

Rainbows
Jane

Funny....I figured I would see you pop up in this thread. Have you ever seen one like this?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Definitely saw a rotating greenish-gray cloud move over the lake - it was immense and then boom - all hell broke loose. Lots of wind, lightening and hard rain but nothing worse and no touch down.

All that energy went somewhere...guy went berzerk at the courthouse this morning...
edit on 6/6/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here is one a friend took that is even better.....such a cool shot...this is what it looked like for a while....lightning was just shooting out all around this rainbow.

edit on 6/6/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This looks like a video of it on You-Tube ... youtu.be...
edit on 6-6-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join