It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police breaking into cars for *suspicion* of marijuana

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Fortunately, the Supreme Court of the United States has a fairly extensive body of law commonly called the “automobile exception” or the Carroll Doctrine which gives clear direction to police officers on this topic.

However, individual states, in interpreting their state constitutions, can be more restrictive upon police in regard to these warrantless searches of automobiles.

Thus, as long as a state is deciding law based upon its interpretation of its own constitution, the state can be more restrictive than the Supreme Court. However, if the state is interpreting the 4th Amendment of the United States Constitution, then they must follow the body of law established by the United States Supreme Court.

Link

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny I'm going to stir the pot a little here and throw a conspiracy in the mix. Being a resident of Lakeland, which is about 25 miles east of Tampa, I listen to 102.5 The Bone a lot. During weekday mornings you can tune in to hear a very controversial radio host named Bubba The Love Sponge. If you're a resident of central Florida, then you know who he is. It's no secret that the Mayor of Tampa, Mr. Bob Buckhorn has it out for Bubba. A quick internet search will produce a ton of stuff, including FBI related things about a alleged recent setup regarding a couple attorneys. I also believe Tampa police has it out for him as well. Anyway, Horn Blasters is always being talked about on Bubbas show. I believe Bubba and this Horn Blasters guy are friends. My conspiracy is this. What if the tpd were trying to pressure or scare them? They know who this guy is, they see his truck, they know he's affiliated with Bubba, so they try to harass him and show them "him" who's the boss. I'm telling you, this isn't just random.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Hmmmm. Sounds like some tort law violations. Trespass to be specific.

I strongly recommend "law enforcement" read the recent Millbrook v United States ruling, then brush up a bit on Article 6 US Constitution and tort law.

If you go outside your jurisdiction, you are personally liable. Yes, that includes while doing your normal employment routine. Thank you SCOTUS.

I smell lots of civil lawsuits coming your way soon.

edit on 6-6-2014 by Not Authorized because: Millbrook. Damn tablet

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
One of the LEO's wanted the opportunity to acquire that righteous F650 at a police auction. Simple as that.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The dog could have just picked up the sent of pot having been smoked in the truck. Do you know this Matt personally?

Yea, for nearly 20years. Funny story; the only time I can remember him ever smoking anything was me, him and a couple girls (I'm a guy BTW) in 11th grade. Turned out it was some fake weed, probably lipton tea and catnip or something LOL just gave all of us a 3hour headache.

originally posted by: lspilot6946
a reply to: 8675309jenny I'm going to stir the pot a little here and throw a conspiracy in the mix. Being a resident of Lakeland, which is about 25 miles east of Tampa, I listen to 102.5 The Bone a lot. During weekday mornings you can tune in to hear a very controversial radio host named Bubba The Love Sponge. If you're a resident of central Florida, then you know who he is. It's no secret that the Mayor of Tampa, Mr. Bob Buckhorn has it out for Bubba. A quick internet search will produce a ton of stuff, including FBI related things about a alleged recent setup regarding a couple attorneys. I also believe Tampa police has it out for him as well. Anyway, Horn Blasters is always being talked about on Bubbas show. I believe Bubba and this Horn Blasters guy are friends. My conspiracy is this. What if the tpd were trying to pressure or scare them? They know who this guy is, they see his truck, they know he's affiliated with Bubba, so they try to harass him and show them "him" who's the boss. I'm telling you, this isn't just random.

Yea, I was thinking this might have to do with the city, or a personal police vendetta. He's pretty well known in the area. Even the note could be their way of plausible deniability. The police could say, 'if no officer card was left then this wasn't us". They don't seem to be denying they searched the truck though.
edit on 7-6-2014 by 8675309jenny because: merged post

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: lspilot6946
Sounds very plausible.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I do not believe an odor gives probable cause. At least, not in your house. And I cannot imagine an unoccupied truck would be any different.

Odors give probable cause when referring to a vehicle. I've been a victim of it, many others have too. The cop just needs to say they smell something suspicious, they don't even have to identify the smell. Then they can search. Being a smell it's not something a recording can verify.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
I love how marijuana is what they're looking for, the most harmless drug there is.

Thats nothing and they can smash your front door in saying that a mobile phone from you locations was used to make a 911 call and a woman was screaming down the phone.

Police need to take risks somethimes but when they come up empty then the departments should be made to pay compensation and then lets see what happens in all these false arrest cases.

When I use the word "Police" please note that i was thinking "Pigs"

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
corrrupt police aside a hand written NOTE ! ?????
Come on i am as Police Jumpy as you get but REALLY a little something more then a hand written Note with a photo of what looks like junk from a center storage and NOT much at that . a real search does not end with such a nice neat NO damage looking truck .
Sets get ripped up truck beds floor carpeting plastic covering for dashes after the search any times the truck or car will look like it may as well be JUNKED .
Now going by a HAND written NOTE along with the FACT NO damage was actually done I tend to want PROOF this guy isn't just wanting to cash in on fame .
ps after all every one here says Florida is a state of nut jobs .
edit on 27-2-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
At least they didn't detect it from the driver's side. Jesus Christ... Yeah, I have questions. Illegal searches and seizures come to mind. Oh wait, you're police? Guess nothing will happen here....

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This thread is 6 years old, I think a spammer resurrected it.

But ya, this incident was very shady.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Which is reason enough that such authority should have never been given to anyone, ever.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Good luck with the civil lawsuits against the police. Police often do whatever they feel like even if it's wrong because they think they can get away with it. Of course that's my opinion but stories like this make it appear so. I don't mind police going after criminals but when they invade and break into private property, harass innocent people, and become the menace to society they were supposed to prevent, things have gone very wrong.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

But what a great opportunity to revisit if we are in fact living in a police state, I know where I live in OZ it's shockingly bad now.

edit on 27-2-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hey you don't like it then move to a pot state, or better yet vote it in your state... The big question to the OP is...does your friend actually smoke pot?
edit on 27-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Marijuana grows wild in calif and other states and if you drive over the plant the drug dogs will alert on your car or truck.

This happens a lot to 4x4s as many are used off road.

Even though marijuana is legal in calif you can still get arrested for selling it on the street.

In calif marijuana can only be sold from dispensaries because the state wants there TAX money.

Trespass grows are also illegal in calif. Do not grow on state or federal land.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
stupid antipolice post and replys The Vidoe of the 6 year old girl in cuffs has been psoted cops HAD NO choice you want to blam someone on that blam parents who refuse school punishment thus teachers and cant even Thouch the kid and have NO option BUT police and POLICE have NO option but to reply to said call .
So post is 6 years old and No one ever bothered to find the TRUE facts ATS is slipping .

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
PSS could have been one of my little redneck sons at 5 years geta call from school my sons trashing bathroom and a work teen ( work school credits for high schoolers ) was tring to stop my son and my son proceeded to Kick the crap out of the kid .
Now I delt with it at home and it never happened again BUT if my kid had gotton cuffs on The results would have been scared from cops and then RAGGED out MORE from me all the wile thanks said cop . scared straight works great at 5 to 10 years of age .
PS in the beroom after kids were in bed me and my wife laughed our buts off . MY super red neck sons lol
who btw are now redneck parents who are doing a fair job of raising there kids .
My red neck grand son who also gets to be a minie heck raiser from time to time .
The funniest thing of all I am not a red neck just marred one . The gens Run strong in her family .
edit on 28-2-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Did you just "stupid" other people with a run-on sentence about an entirely different thread filled with schizoid ravings, random words in all caps, and completely misspelled words in a futile effort to demonstrate your superiority? Nice.

(hint: the red line under certain words in your post -- before you hit reply is an invitation to click on it and edit your errors before posting. You're welcome!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join