It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moncton shooter actually in custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I have to say I am surprised he has been taken alive, I thought this would have ended as most other situations like this end. Not only that but so many emotions would be affecting the arresting officers it would have been hard for them to perform there proper duties. I am actually glad they caught him alive, death would have been the easy way out for him, now he can rot in a jail cell and rethink his entire life.

So it is over and Moncton can get back to there lives but it will be a while (if ever) for the famillies and RCMP to move on.

www.cbc.ca...

I'm done,' suspected shooter reported as saying

Thibodeau said she saw police officers head into a patch of trees in her yard and heard five minutes of screaming.

“Justin came out with his hands up, and he said, 'I'm done,'" she told CBC News.

She said he was wearing the same clothes he had been seen in Wednesday and was dripping wet, likely from the rain that was falling in Moncton at the time.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Why do we have to pay to have this guy in jail. There are lots of witnesses. After the trial they could build a gallows and hang him like they used to in the old days. He will never be out of jail, and he will teach others in prison to hate.

In some cases, I believe capital punishment is necessary. If there is a chance that someone can change and live in society it is different, but prisons are full of people who influence other prisoners to get worse.

If someone kills someone because they flipped out in an argument that the other person started, that is different. They may be able to be reformed. They may be able to be reconditioned to control their tempers better. But not people who have learned to hate and kill people who have never wronged them.

This guy did not know the cops he killed, they were probably good people. Jerks rarely die, mostly nice people do.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I want to know why he did it. I want to know what set him off. He was associated with people who share his attitude towards authority. Did they have any idea how their thoughts and beliefs affected his mind? He is not solely to blame here. I also see him as a victim,despite his actions.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why do we have to pay to have this guy in jail. There are lots of witnesses. After the trial they could build a gallows and hang him like they used to in the old days. He will never be out of jail, and he will teach others in prison to hate.

In some cases, I believe capital punishment is necessary. If there is a chance that someone can change and live in society it is different, but prisons are full of people who influence other prisoners to get worse.

If someone kills someone because they flipped out in an argument that the other person started, that is different. They may be able to be reformed. They may be able to be reconditioned to control their tempers better. But not people who have learned to hate and kill people who have never wronged them.

This guy did not know the cops he killed, they were probably good people. Jerks rarely die, mostly nice people do.

RickyMouse, I usually always agree with you, but I have to disagree this time. We as a species need to move on beyond capital punishment. No state should have the right to say a person can be put to death. I understand there are individuals out there who are very disturbed and likely cannot be treated. But that doesnt mean we shouldnt try. Killing him makes society at large murderers by proxy, we need to evolve. Life in prison with no chances at parole or appeals would save money. It's the court system that costs so much, not the prisons. And if we let out people who are in on petty nonviolent drug crime, more than enough room for the violent, rapists, and murderers that need separation from society.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The following post contains brutal honesty.

He said he was done? Does he think life is a video game you can simply end? His actions will haunt him and if he intended on hitting the restart button, the victims and all those affected by his actions have immortalized his careless regard for humanity.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Just the statement " I'm done" makes me think he regrets what he did or it wasn't what he expected, still no forgiveness in this case.

If anyone is interested here is a link to the names of the officers who were shot.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Officer down memorial page - Canada

* - Constable Douglas James Larche
* - Constable Fabrice Georges Gevaudan
* - Constable David Ross

edit on 6-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I want to know why he did it. I want to know what set him off. He was associated with people who share his attitude towards authority. Did they have any idea how their thoughts and beliefs affected his mind? He is not solely to blame here. I also see him as a victim,despite his actions.

Very much so. I don't believe this isn't a false flag event. However there is a rumor going around that the cops killed his friend.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

How I would respond to that, would depend on what exactly you mean by it and what your assumptions are based on? You assume someone else caused him to do this? We all have the same information and there is nothing to base that on I've seen.

Would you say the same if it was your spouse/sibling/parent/friend that he murdered without a second thought? Is it because of what profession his victims were a part of?

That is a statement that screams for clarification?

Are all cold blooded killers victims also? I'm really curious to know why you would assume that?

top topics

join