It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Arrested Over Obese 11-Year-Old Son

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks
You are wrong.
A close personal friend is a senior social worker in a local authority child protection team.
I showed her this thread and she explained that taking a child away from it's home is one of the last things they try to do.
Arresting the alleged abusers is the quickest and easiest way to keep the child safe. In all circumstances they will then find a safe family member to take responsibility for the childs care. Ideally in the home of the victim (when the alleged abusers have been arrested and removed from the home) or at a relatives.
Local authority care is the last option for underfunded child protection teams.

See, I actually know this from people who work in the trade, whereas you just sound like all your information comes from the Daily Mail.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

More importantly - why don't you tell me what you meant when you made that statement? You are the one who said it!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yeah - well my dog's uncle's best friend told me if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle!!!!

Tired of Control Freakjs

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Who is Responsible for Your Child's Health ?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: stumason

And again I agree BUT THE KID WAS LEFT IN THE HOME

Read what the mother says "I am so afraid that they are going to take him"

Tired of Control Freaks

I'll ask again - where does it say he was left home alone?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

If true, then they should face the full penalty of the law in regard to neglect. Time and again I see 'parents' feeding their kids mountains of crap. The notion of pier pressure and 'how can I refuse because Johnny up the street has the same treats,' is a fallacy. Teach your kids about good food and show them how to cook it early in their lives. And to those that say they can't afford healthy food — hogwash, it doesn't take much.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Please quote the exact words in the article that state or imply that the kid was ever removed from the home????

I never implied that the kid ever was removed, just separated from the alleged abusers by arrest of the parents.
Are you imagining things now, or just trolling, or perhaps struggling to understand my succinct and rather simple posts.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yep, you're getting childish now, oh dear oh dear lol

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It doesn't say he was left home alone. I said he was left in the home in the care of his parents but his parents were arrested for child cruelty.

After the arrest - the mother says "I am so afraid that they could take him"

Could - that is a word that implies that he might be taken in care sometime in the future! That means the kid was left in the care of his parents. You know - the ones the arrested for cruelty to children.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Nope, you are wrong again.
They were arrested on 'suspicion' of child abuse, then released without charge after investigation.
Kind of standard practice for any alleged crime.
Stop twisting things.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

As childish as the notion that child should be left in the care of people who have been arrested for being cruel to him????

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

They were arrested and bailed, pending further enquiries with Social Services - it may end up with removal of the child or other intervention by Social Services - this much is evident in all the articles one can find on the matter.

The arrest was required to allow the authorities to gather evidence and consider further action - they can't just take your children away unless they believe there is an imminent threat to the child's well-being or safety. Obviously, as this is tied into the weight of the child, there is no "imminent" threat, so for the time being the child will remain with his parents until such time that Social Services can get a Judge to issue a Court order to remove said child or take other, appropriate action.

Simples, really - the fact you needed this explaining show's you don't really know what you're talking about.
edit on 8/6/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

SO the police and CPS investigated the family and find NO cruelty?

And yet up and others on this thread are up on your high horses and ready to hang these people

So which is it - are these people guilty or not? If they are not then I guess you should back your motor mouth off. There is obviously something wrong with the kids, the parents are doing their best

Now why exactly were they arrested????

Tired fo Control Freaks

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Read the damned articles

A couple have been arrested by police on suspicion of cruelty and neglect of their obese child.

A 49-year-old man and a 44-year-old woman, from King's Lynn in Norfolk, were questioned by officers over the child's care and released on bail.

Police said intervention at this level was "very rare" and only occurred where other attempts to protect the child had been unsuccessful.

A spokeswoman added police were working with health and social services.

Link - again

edit on 8/6/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

oh that is a load. These people have been involved with social services and doctors for quite some time. Months anyway. There is either evidence of abuse or there isn't

Since when is an arrest made to allow an investigation. That is sheer and utter nonsense. Arrests follow investigations - not the other way round.

Tired of Control Freakjs

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

As childish as the notion that child should be left in the care of people who have been arrested for being cruel to him????

Nope, wrong again.
A child left in the care of parents who were arrested in order that the police could investigate a referral of suspected abuse. The police concluded that no crime had been committed after this investigation and released the parents without charge.
What exactly are you bleating about.
No obvious crime or wilfull abuse so child/parents reunited.

Being arrested for something does not deem a person to be guilty of the alleged crime.
Or are you saying the police should not have let the parents go back to feeding their kid after finding no evidence of a crime? Are you confused?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

They released them on bail, not without charge, which usually means enquiries are ongoing. It also states the Police are working with Social Services.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
People are arrested all the time in order for the police to carry out an investigation of crime unhindered.
They even apply to courts for more time to hold someone if the investigation is particularly detailed.
You obviously haven't a clue about the UK criminal justice system.

link   
Right out of Orwell, and of course he was British and ought to know.

Combining Minority Reports and so many other, it seems that time has arrived. State run amok.

link   

They were arrested, charged and released on bail. The police have sufficient evidence to lay charges but the kid is still in their care???

Are the police, CPS and doctors out of their freaking heads, leaving a kid with cruel and negligent parents??????

Or is there something else going on here??

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join